✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

With talk of LP6, what do you think the name of it should be? Using the current algorithm established, it's going to have a long title:

1. Parachutes

2. A Rush of Blood to the Head

3. X&Y

4. Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

5. Mylo Xyloto

6. (Insert Long Title Here)

If they continue with this pattern, we can expect another extravagantly long title.

Another interesting thing to note is that it seems their longer title albums are arguably better than their shorter ones.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With talk of LP6, what do you think the name of it should be? Using the current algorithm established, it's going to have a long title:

1. Parachutes

3. X&Y

5. Mylo Xyloto

If they continue with this pattern, we can expect another extravagantly long title.

Another interesting thing to note is that it seems their longer title albums are arguably better than their shorter ones.

Please no hodgepodge of Spanish (even tough i love the viva la vida title) or weird words like Mylo Xyloto which need a explanation how to pronounce it... :rolleyes:

Just something short, simple and pronounceable. :cool:

And are we getting another 'color' title?

1. Yellow

2. Green Eyes

3. White Shadows

4. Violet Hill

5. Charlie Brown

And which letter is the next?

'S' on Parachutes Shiver, Spies, Sparks

'A' on A Rush Of Blood To The Head A Whisper, A Rush Of, Amsterdam

'T' on X&Y Talk, The Hardest Part, Twisted Logic, 'Till Kingdome Come

'L' on Viva La Vida Life in Technicolor, Lost, Lovers in Japan

'U' on MX Us Against The World, U.F.O., Up In Flames, Up With The Birds

'?' on LP6?

Are we getting more then 45 minutes of new Coldplay sound? Like the last part of the 1st trilogy.

Many questions, many questions :D

1. Yellow

2. Green Eyes

3. White Shadows

4. Violet Hill

5. Charlie Brown

'?' on LP6?

They better do both of these things!

Please no hodgepodge of Spanish (even tough i love the viva la vida title) or weird words like Mylo Xyloto which need a explanation how to pronounce it... :rolleyes:

Just something short, simple and pronounceable. :cool:

1. Yellow

2. Green Eyes

3. White Shadows

4. Violet Hill

5. Charlie Brown

'?' on LP6?

Are we getting more then 45 minutes of new Coldplay sound? Like the last part of the 1st trilogy.

Many questions, many questions :D

I'm guessing that next, they'll have something like "Heart (or Pot) of Gold" or "Fields of Red." Perhaps "Blue Skies Are Here Again."

The album title could even involve a color.

As for the letter, I'm guessing "R" or "H".

Side Note: Fix You has a pretty good bass line, especially live.

1. Parachutes

3. X&Y

5. Mylo Xyloto

I also have hopes LP6 will be their next big "terrific" album, seeing as, so far, their even-numbered albums are considered the best.

Drifting off from the album title -- who wants to guess this is the year we start to receive small bits of information on LP6? MX will be two by the end of the year, and aside from the gap between Parachutes and AROBTTH, each album has released every three years.

I'd even venture to say we'll have LP6 no later than Summer 2014.

Lovers In Japan was the last song written for VLV, and we saw MX go in that sort of direction. Up In Flames was the last song written for MX. Maybe LP6 will be more piano-driven and more stripped back.

I had no idea LiJ was last. It's by far my favorite off of Viva.

I am still thinking we'll get an album that ends up being a mix of all their sounds. I just see it happening.

Idk what else they could do that doesn't isolate a part of their fan base. I mean, sure, there a little things they could change, but they've done so much in five albums.

Parachutes they had acoustic music. AROBTTH had hard rock. X&Y had ballads and synth driven rock. Viva had an exotic feeling to it. MX was a more pop album with a touch of rock. What's next? Jazz?

Here's the thing, I think they can go either three directions from here. Go full on pop. Start smashing the charts, and smashing our hearts. I doubt they do that though. They could go to their roots and do rock/acoustic stuff. Or they mix it up. I truly believe that's the only way they could surprise us.

Some people might disagree, and if so, please tell me a new genre for them to test. I hope they don't experiment any more. I hope they find out what music they can play the best and make a masterpiece like they did with Viva and AROBTTH.

An album to shut up critics for good. Maybe I'm being too opportunistic, but I think other then Arcade Fire, Coldplay is one of the only popular bands left who can make an album that can be considered one of the best albums ever.

Let me put it this way. The closest two albums CP has done are Parachtues and AROBTTH. They are both rock, just one is more lighter then the other one. Is it a coincidence that AROBTTH is considered usually the best album with the biggest songs?

Not everyone will agree, but the fact that they had been playing and writing that type of music for more than three years makes me believe that you cant pull out a Viva every new album. Sometimes you have to settle and master it.

Rant over.

Idk what else they could do that doesn't isolate a part of their fan base. I mean, sure, there a little things they could change, but they've done so much in five albums.

Parachutes they had acoustic music. AROBTTH had hard rock. X&Y had ballads and synth driven rock. Viva had an exotic feeling to it. MX was a more pop album with a touch of rock. What's next? Jazz?

Here's the thing, I think they can go either three directions from here. Go full on pop. Start smashing the charts, and smashing our hearts. I doubt they do that though. They could go to their roots and do rock/acoustic stuff. Or they mix it up. I truly believe that's the only way they could surprise us.

Some people might disagree, and if so, please tell me a new genre for them to test. I hope they don't experiment any more. I hope they find out what music they can play the best and make a masterpiece like they did with Viva and AROBTTH.

An album to shut up critics for good. Maybe I'm being too opportunistic, but I think other then Arcade Fire, Coldplay is one of the only popular bands left who can make an album that can be considered one of the best albums ever.

Let me put it this way. The closest two albums CP has done are Parachtues and AROBTTH. They are both rock, just one is more lighter then the other one. Is it a coincidence that AROBTTH is considered usually the best album with the biggest songs?

Not everyone will agree, but the fact that they had been playing and writing that type of music for more than three years makes me believe that you cant pull out a Viva every new album. Sometimes you have to settle and master it.

Rant over.

They could always explore Gothic Rock.

Or maybe do a whole album of instrumentals.