✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The more wishes you add to your lists, the more disappointed you will be once LP6 sees the light of the day.

I understand that the stuff in my wishlist probably won't happen. Those are fantasy/ideal scenarios, for a lack of better phrasing.

And as fanboyish as it sounds, its almost impossible for me to be disappointed with a Coldplay album.

[/url]The title says Coldplay Album leak but it's not Coldplay and I don't know who it is, but the song is awesome!

Who is this? If they are an indie band, this could get them famous. It's great. I agree with you, this is a mix between a X&Y song and a Viva song.

• 2 weeks later...
I have made a commitment to my self, as this will be my last post in this thread, in specific, until January 1, 2013, as I do not want to get ahead of myself with LP6. :|

Yeah... Um... It'd be quite rather interesting to see the boys go back to the Parachutes sound..

I don't think there is any speculation left. I agree with you Shredder that an acoustic sound would be awesome, but I don't think that will happen. I think either a rock album or a pop album will be made. Coldplay has to choose now between the charts and their original sound. With the new billboard changes, there won't be much rock or other genres on the charts.

I don' think they will repeat the style of the trilogy (Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X&Y). Since the dawn of Viva, the band have gone out to expand their music that are undeniably built for big stadiums.

It's not unheard of for a band to go back to a comfortable sound. The Beatles did it, Queen did it, and a lot of other bands that have experimented after having a lot of success.

I don't think another electronic pop album would be even close as successful as MX. As far as I am concerned, MX was a great album, produced some great songs, but eventually, pop songs become pop songs and get repetitive and boring. They'd have to be really creative if they wanted to make another MX.

And really, there isn't another sound that is popular that CP hasn't done. The Viva sound was similar to Arcade Fire. Unless they made folk songs (which they might have one or two songs in their new album), they have to revisit a sound they have made. And history says that in these situation, bands will go back to their most successful sound, which would be rock, imo.

I have been very compreensive with their experimentations and all, but I'm honestly done with the color splashes and with the fluorescent shoe laces.

I did my best as a fan to follow and enjoy them throught MX, but give me love, give us a kiss or I'm going to close my doors to them until they find their "Let it be" state of mind.

That's my thoughts for LP6 :D

I'm with you Teco :D I enjoyed the MX period, but let it just be an experiment because I don't know if I would love the pop band Coldplay. But regardless, I'll always love the rock band Coldplay. I really don't think Coldplay is doing another MX.

I think Coldplay need to take Hurts Like Heaven and use it as a model for their new material. It is hands down the best song off MX because it's very diversified and fresh-- it is not repetitive at all, which is what I think sets it apart from fan favorites like Charlie Brown or DLIBYH or ETIAW etc.

I honestly don't know what to expect from LP6, but Coldplay, if you are returning to a previous sound, don't do MX. But, at the same time, Coldplay are smart. I'm sure I'll enjoy anything they put out.

^^^Exactly. Coldplay is not going to become another pop band because they know where their fans are. Yeah, they might become popular as a pop band if they tried, but they aren't getting younger. My generation is will like artists one day and another the next. Coldplay knows the limit and though they like to push it a bit with MX and Viva, they always have the CP element we all love. As long as that's there, I'll listen to CP.

LP6? Well...

Well, I'm afraid the Oracle has brought us the unfortunate news that it will be a while before we hear anything at all about the new album or what it will sound like (at least, we won't see it on Coldplay.com for a while). Here's the confirmation:

http://www.coldplay.com/oracle.php#!prettyPhoto/6/

Hopefully, though, we'll get some news via word-of-mouth from the band outside of the website. Some people need to go over to the studio in the coming months and see if there's anything going on! :guitarist::ears::nod: Not to be persistent or overtly nosey or anything. Just to see if anyone's around and, perhaps, if anyone's available to talk! But make it a relatively brisk walk by the studio. Make it nonchalant and inconspicuous. If you happen to be/live in England, that is!

Or just scrap that idea and wait and wait and wait until we have something new! *sigh*

I think Coldplay need to take Hurts Like Heaven and use it as a model for their new material. It is hands down the best song off MX because it's very diversified and fresh-- it is not repetitive at all, which is what I think sets it apart from fan favorites like Charlie Brown or DLIBYH or ETIAW etc.

I honestly don't know what to expect from LP6, but Coldplay, if you are returning to a previous sound, don't do MX. But, at the same time, Coldplay are smart. I'm sure I'll enjoy anything they put out.

For me it's a big no no. Just seeing the title "Hurts Like Heaven" makes my blood boil. Awful song especially the chorus......."Oh you, use your heart as a weapon. And it hurts like heaven" LOL

I remember when some song titles leaked and this one was mocked because it is so bad.