✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP6

princesanji

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll obviously love anything that they decide to do. But, Coldplay are kind of the only band I love that aren't punk, grunge or nu-metal or rock. So, I'd love it if they went a bit more rock, but kept the simple ballads, like Yellow. Y'know I'm not asking them to be Green Day mark 2.0 with a new version of American Idiot or whatever, but just that Coldplay would do something with more cool guitar chords and riffs, like in Violet Hill. :)

Anyone else agree?

I'll obviously love anything that they decide to do. But, Coldplay are kind of the only band I love that aren't punk, grunge or nu-metal or rock. So, I'd love it if they went a bit more rock, but kept the simple ballads, like Yellow. Y'know I'm not asking them to be Green Day mark 2.0 with a new version of American Idiot or whatever, but just that Coldplay would do something with more cool guitar chords and riffs, like in Violet Hill. :)

Anyone else agree?

If Coldplay channelled Green Day, I'd feel like sticking rusty nails in my eyes.

Sorry, I know they're popular on here, but they're just terrible.

I thought American Idiot was a great album. I prefer listening to The White Stripes or The Hives for post punk though, but I wouldn't like Coldplay to do this kind of music. If they decide to do more rock and less electronic, then something like "Beautiful Day" by U2 or "Love Is Noise" by The Verve would suit them better.

I thought American Idiot was a great album. I prefer listening to The White Stripes or The Hives for post punk though, but I wouldn't like Coldplay to do this kind of music. If they decide to do more rock and less electronic, then something like "Beautiful Day" by U2 or "Love Is Noise" by The Verve would suit them better.

I don't really like Green Day much, but I admit their songwriting has improved over the years. They were SO overrated when they first started out, IMO.

I would LOVE to hear Coldplay do something like the two songs you mentioned. Add Vertigo to the l ist too.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'd prefer Coldplay to go down the road of cultured English folk music/tales. They can channel it pretty well as Cemeteries of London showed. There's a rich vein of cultured music stretching way back to the middle ages within their own country to become inspired by. Not Rihanna, Jay Z or shit like that.

The band really followed some interesting creative paths with VLVDAAHF that could have evolved further, but American pop, love it or hate it, hasn't exactly added to that evolution, imo. I like large chunks of MX, but I don't think it was a step forward musically. I hope they explore More diverse musical styles than just what's on top of the US pop charts. I realize Rihanna, Jay-Z and that crowd are Chris' friends, but I have great friends who make (IMO) crap music that has no influence on my creativity. Less 'Hollywood' and more homegrown sounds would make me VERY happy.

(No offense to those who love these musicians, it's just my opinion.)

I think LP6 should be radically different then MX era. I think it has to. How many people would be satisfied with MX 2.0? Coldplay got away with sort of making A rush 2.0 with X&Y, but even then, Coldplay had changed their entire live act into more of show rather than a 'watch the band jam' sort of thing they had going from 1999-2002. IMO, they need to increase the setlist to a reasonable 28-30 songs. They have a great number of hits on five albums (hopefully even more with LP6) and soon we will begin losing classics or entire albums are going to be forgotten like X&Y and Parachutes. But back on LP6, they need to remind the music world that they aren't just a top 40 band and they are still the Viva/A Rush Band. Remember, Viva La Vida (the song) went number one and it was hardly mainstream. And MX, an album more suited for the top 40, didn't have a song that made it to number one. So it shows you that the people are willing to buy good music. Now Coldplay just has to realize that and lose the synthesizers (To a point) and the electric beats and we are all good.

Yeah. I do think that Rock music is the most underground form of music genre. But, I think that, although all of Coldplay's previous albums and most of their singles have performed well in the charts, Mylo Xyloto was just too mainstream for me, what with Rihanna in it . I still like how each of their albums have a different sound, like you know Yellow and Paradise come from different eras and albums. Its kind of like Green Day's first major label release 'Dookie'. It was a massive success, but they haven't really bettered it lately, apart from American Idiot, in my opinion. :)

And, at school, although its pretty cool when your friends have heard of Paradise, they've never really heard of Don't Panic or Violet Hill, which aren't as mainstream.

I just think that Coldplay have found a nice little niche in Rock, much like Radiohead and U2 did before. So they're not punk or grunge or metal or whatever (but I do LOVE those genres too!!), they've created a unique sound a special one which I hope does not die out

^Yay :awesome:

I can't wait til the speculation and excitement season arrives again :awesome: I wasn't around until after MX came out, so i missed the last one :disappointed:

I'm counting on you guys to go crazy for LP6, ok :angry:

It's the best kind of madness,lol. The 'Will MX Leak' thread was the most fun thread since the Day Viva leaked. The anticipation is almost as amazing as the actual album release.:D

I think they did carve out a unique wound for themselves, but then dropped it in favor of the hit-making formula for MX. and as has been said, it didn't work. It was their unique sound that put them in the charts all along, not their attempt to sound like everone else. ETIAW is a pretty good song, but it hardly stands out from anything else from the same time period. Get back to creating instead of following, and it will be fine.

That's wishful thinking Tracie. ;)

I'd like a song where it's just Chris on guitar and maybe Jonny on guitar while Will and Guy sing backing vocals. Something simple that could be played on the C stage and the audience can sing along. This is probably wishful thinking too. :rolleyes:

That's wishful thinking Tracie. ;)

I'd like a song where it's just Chris on guitar and maybe Jonny on guitar while Will and Guy sing backing vocals. Something simple that could be played on the C stage and the audience can sing along. This is probably wishful thinking too. :rolleyes:

It's more than wishful thinking, it's dreaming of the impossible,lol.:)

I could see a song like that since UFO was a little like that (minus the harmonies). I'd love to hear that too.:D

They seem to be around the Bakery a lot, so LP6 may already be in the works. Could leak any day now!

I'll be angry if it would leak now.

But the fact about that they're lot around the bakery makes me crazy :wink3:

I could make a lot of wishes but I'm just going to wait for LP6, my only clear wish.

Bring back Trouble, Scientist, Amsterdam look-a-like songs! Coldplay's soft piano rock :loveshower:

lol nothing is gonna leak for another year or so.

Question: do you think LP6 will be better or worse than MX?

Haha, I doubt there's anything finished that could leak yet.:)

I thinkn they try to listen to fan response, even though they do what they do for themselves and their own creative needs. So I suspect it will be better