✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

My only problem with Avicii is the vocals in the stuff he produces are frequently awful. Obviously that won't be the case with this. I think I'm okay with it as long as it's not referred to as "Coldplay ft. Avicii"

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just pray he means Paul Epworth because if it isn't and is that then suddenly it looks like Rihanna wasn't so bad after all!

Avicii.....ugh.

I mentioned this to a couple of my friends and they honestly thought it was a distasteful joke! Pitbull next?

Looks like the track might be released tomorrow or tonight!

George Ergatoudis ‏@GeorgErgatoudis 16 min

And @zanelowe's Hottest Record tomorrow night is the immense @coldplay single Sky Full Of Stars. A collaboration with...

I'm internally gambling myself on who is gonna be the first person here to say "They managed to release it earlier because it leaked".

There's somewhere on the web where you can listen to them performing it (presumably from Cologne the other night).

I am going to respect the thread and band by not posting it on here, but one thing I know for sure is it's one hell of a tune! I know Zane Lowe played a snippet of it on his exclusive interview with Chris earlier this evening so I'm sure most of you have a feel for how it sounds :)

I dunno... I feel like it sounds too generic and promish, maybe it will grow on me. Definitely seems like its gonna be a sore thumb on the album though

I know what you mean by sore thumb. It definitely stands out from the rest. It doesn't seem like it fits in with the rest of the songs on the album. A great song nonetheless but I see where you're coming from, definitely.

I dunno... I feel like it sounds too generic and promish, maybe it will grow on me. Definitely seems like its gonna be a sore thumb on the album though

I know what you mean by sore thumb. It definitely stands out from the rest. It doesn't seem like it fits in with the rest of the songs on the album. A great song nonetheless but I see where you're coming from, definitely.

"Martin also spoke of working with Avicii on the new album, and about how he felt like he was cheating on the band when he asked Avicii to play piano on 'A Sky Full Of Stars'. 'Ghost Stories' is Coldplay's sixth album and will be released on May 19."

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/coldplay/76980#Jm7pH7M7VsqDQKKK.99

I really just..., I mean I'm not about to..., who thought that this was a..., how can they honestly go and... ugh. WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL!!!! :angry:

I do really think that calling Avicii in was a bit too much. I would have included an acoustic version of the song in the album and then call Avicii to make the remix. Having said that, I am SO grateful with the boys for this record that I will eat my hat and enjoy the song (even though I think it does not sound as Coldplay at all). They have never disappointed and maybe when I hear the full song I will be convinced. For now, not liking at all this little experiment. The rest of the album is BRILLIANT, though. Especially, "O".

It sounds pretty "mainstreamish" but im surprised that i like it pretty much. I was allready surprised when i heard it in cologne.

Btw the video linked here is sped up.. its like 2 times as fast as normal o_O