✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

I prefer when they go a little experimenting, as in Magic or even Ocean. This one is way poppier, will be perfect for radio broadcasting this summer, but isn't at first guess a masterpiece...

Wait & See the album version :-)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you heard the album in the previous shows?

Yeah, I was at the first LA show where they played the whole album. They didn't play ASFOS straight into O, so I'm not sure how that transition works, but the build up to ASFOS from the previous songs sounds natural and the song sounds in no way out of place.

Something else to keep in mind is how horrible the compression is on most of these videos. I haven't heard the leaked version of this song, nor do I care to, but from the sound of things the quality is probably misleading a lot of people who have not heard the song live (or the studio version). This might not be the best example, but listen to a bit of this recording of Charlie Brown and compare it to the studio version or professionally recorded live versions: [video=youtube_share;04dedu3kwWo]

. If you listen closely, you can make out the intricacies and layers of sound that are evident in higher quality recordings, but it's so toned down compared to the guitars, bass and drums it doesn't really paint an accurate picture of the way the song is intended to sound.

All that to say, even if you think you have a good sense of what the song sounds like, you'll probably be surprised once an official version, live or otherwise, becomes available.

Tomorrow feels like the perfect day to drop ASFoS.

I would be happy with anything coming out tomorrow. AIMH (because of the Zane Lowe preview) and Another's Arms (said to be released on the 28th by Amazon) are also rumoured. I know I will be very disappointed if nothing is released :/

Yeah, I was at the first LA show where they played the whole album. They didn't play ASFOS straight into O, so I'm not sure how that transition works, but the build up to ASFOS from the previous songs sounds natural and the song sounds in no way out of place.

Something else to keep in mind is how horrible the compression is on most of these videos. I haven't heard the leaked version of this song, nor do I care to, but from the sound of things the quality is probably misleading a lot of people who have not heard the song live (or the studio version). This might not be the best example, but listen to a bit of this recording of Charlie Brown and compare it to the studio version or professionally recorded live versions: [video=youtube_share;04dedu3kwWo]

. If you listen closely, you can make out the intricacies and layers of sound that are evident in higher quality recordings, but it's so toned down compared to the guitars, bass and drums it doesn't really paint an accurate picture of the way the song is intended to sound.

All that to say, even if you think you have a good sense of what the song sounds like, you'll probably be surprised once an official version, live or otherwise, becomes available.

This is good point. It just makes me more exited to think that if I thought the poor recording of ASFoS was fantastic, the studio version will be ten times better. This is true for all of the songs we have heard so far. In Another's Arms and Always in My Head, you can tell that there is supposed to be a big 'finale' I guess you say, at the end of the song, but it is not very clear when they play it live. Just how the studio version of Fix You is much more massive at the end than the live version if you get what I'm saying. Hopefully we can listen to the studio version of Another's Arms tomorrow!

Guys, I found this:

It's real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*link removed*

Hahaha everyone knows, but the Coldplaying police have been shouting at people who post links to the song the past 24 hours, something to do with Chris' wishes :cry: (very emotional)

So basically you want to take the link down before people start whining again. To be fair, it does say 'no links' in the thread title.

When I heard asfos in la it reminded me if dlibyh but not quite as noisy if that makes sense and it wasn't like viva. Not as fast paces; more like an anthem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the word anthem for this song. I think when people compared it to Viva, they meant the "bigness" of it. I personally have been listening to the low quality version non stop. I have no shame in saying that I love this song.

Really liking it so far. I can see how people will be bitter towards it, but overall, I'm liking what I hear so far! And that's just the low-quality version. The studio version will probably blow me away.

I feel the same.