✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin on Zane Lowe (28-04-2014) - 8pm on BBCR1

Captain Crieff

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just me that thinks Chris is aiming at a more mainstream fanbase than Coldplay currently have? An hour on Radio 1 is pretty big really, especially now that Radio 1 changed their direction to be more teen friendly

It's not just me that thinks Chris is aiming at a more mainstream fanbase than Coldplay currently have? An hour on Radio 1 is pretty big really, especially now that Radio 1 changed their direction to be more teen friendly
I think his choice more has to do with the interviewer than the radio. Zane Lowe has this segment of long, in-depth, exclusive interviews and Chris probably wanted that format for an interview. I think he won't do many interviews this era (or at least not yet), and this balances things out in a way.

edit: Also, Coldplay are basically the biggest band in the world. Their fanbase is already pretty enormous, and "mainstream".

^Exactly. I think it's purely a matter of wanting to do only one (big) interview. Maybe feels like he has to explain a few things about the album, but he wants to have some control about the questions being asked, because of his divorce. He feels comfortable with Zane Lowe and knows he won't push him too much.