✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Guest kmm1482
:stunned:

I've heard a lot of people saying they're "done" with Coldplay after GS and didn't want to see them on the GS tour but went anyways. Good luck with being done :laugh3:

Thanks for the well wishes! : ) you guys just keep hearing what you want to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When people say they're "done". They are through and finished with the someone/something in context. Don't know what your interpretation is but it appears to be a bit different.

In no way was I trying to be rude. I was just saying from what I've gone through with Coldplayer friends they didn't end up staying away for long. I can't imagine (and have never seen) a Coldplayer who was so thoroughly invested in the band would actually stop liking them because of one album. Sorry if I didn't elaborate enough, but it was all meant in jest.

Guest kmm1482
When people say they're "done". They are through and finished with the someone/something in context. Don't know what your interpretation is but it appears to be a bit different.

If you'll refer to my original post, it said "IF that is the case, I'm officially done". In NO way did I say "Ghost Stories sucked, so I'm renouncing my fandom from this moment on". To ME, ASFOS is one of the worst songs Coldplay has ever done, and if LP7 is nothing but that sound, I'll skip that album and move on.

If you'll refer to my original post, it said "IF that is the case, I'm officially done". In NO way did I say "Ghost Stories sucked, so I'm renouncing my fandom from this moment on". To ME, ASFOS is one of the worst songs Coldplay has ever done, and if LP7 is nothing but that sound, I'll skip that album and move on.

EDIT: Nope I can't read, sorry for being embarrassingly naive :lol:

Guest kmm1482
In no way was I trying to be rude. I was just saying from what I've gone through with Coldplayer friends they didn't end up staying away for long. I can't imagine (and have never seen) a Coldplayer who was so thoroughly invested in the band would actually stop liking them because of one album. Sorry if I didn't elaborate enough, but it was all meant in jest.

I understand. You weren't rude. But in some threads, if you show your disapproval of Ghost Stories, you get a flood of snipey backlash from people who project entire feelings into you. To some, to say Ghost Stories is a weak album , you might as well have smacked their mothers.

Guest kmm1482

LP7

So the entirety of GS is just like ASFOS? Wow. Now I know why all my mates pick on me for them being repetitive.

You must have some kind of selective vision, so I'm done with you.

I understand. You weren't rude. But in some threads, if you show your disapproval of Ghost Stories, you get a flood of snipey backlash from people who project entire feelings into you. To some, to say Ghost Stories is a weak album , you might as well have smacked their mothers.

Yeah, I've definitely seen some people getting riled up. I don't understand the problem with not liking an album. I dislike a few of albums by the bands I listen to! :laugh3:

But on the topic of my hopes for LP7, I do hope that they work more with Jon Hopkins...to me, Midnight is beautiful...and trust me, it took a while for it to grow on me :laugh3: But I hope they make some similar sounding songs (in reference to the slow synth-y feel of Midnight). Other than that I would love an album with some orchestral sounds.

Guest kmm1482
Yeah, I've definitely seen some people getting riled up. I don't understand the problem with not liking an album. I dislike a few of albums by the bands I listen to! :laugh3:

But on the topic of my hopes for LP7, I do hope that they work more with Jon Hopkins...to me, Midnight is beautiful...and trust me, it took a while for it to grow on me :laugh3: But I hope they make some similar sounding songs (in reference to the slow synth-y feel of Midnight). Other than that I would love an album with some orchestral sounds.

Jon Hopkins is one of the best producers in the business right now. I was lukewarm on Midnight for a while actually. But then I really listened to it a few times in a row and now I consider it one of the highlights of Ghost Stories. I think it also helped that I didn't listen while watching the video.

Jon Hopkins is one of the best producers in the business right now. I was lukewarm on Midnight for a while actually. But then I really listened to it a few times in a row and now I consider it one of the highlights of Ghost Stories. I think it also helped that I didn't listen while watching the video.

I definitely agree with that one! The day the video was released I was watching the video like "what in the heck is this garbage.....?!" but now it's one of my favourite songs by them. I lost my shit and damn nearly cried when they played it at my GS tour gig, so thinking back to the moment I first listened, I can't believe I had so much disdain for it! :laugh3:

Guest kmm1482

I think what started to turn me was when they played it live at the iTunes fest

Personally, I'm still on cloud 9 with Ghost Stories, I think it can hold me thru whenever we get LP7. The anticipation and speculation is half the fun

Your right :) anticipation and talking on here with everyone is amazing :]

I think what started to turn me was when they played it live at the iTunes fest

I completely agree. I was spellbound watching that and couldn't believe the nbc show didn't air that song

I think it was the Zane Lowe interview where Chris revealed the lads were working on new material along with Madeon. Unfortunately, I see more ASFOS-esque songs in the future...

All they said in the zane lowe interview was that it wasn't their last album and the bonus songs from the target deluxe version would come out in six months (came out sooner i guess unless they appear on something else in the future). Chris said Madeon made a 'boom' sound on O that appears right the end (i think credit for such a simple part is unnecessary) and he also helped out sonically with Always In My Head somehow (im guessing he dampened jonny's guitar in favor for the electronic sounds). There was no mention of who, if anyone, they are working with now. I think itd be cool to see more help from Jon Hopkins and have Guy do some more mixing and writing. Brian Eno did a great job on Viva, but if he brings anything from his own newest album, Someday World, it might turn out cheesy and lackluster. Looking forward to some news by the end of the year, FINGERS CROSSED! I know it's too early to do things like this, but I'm guessing the next album will be titled "Tomorrow." There's a bunch of little things that point to this but it's really just a shot in the dark.

well chris did say that they did a session with madeon on a song that was too up beat for GS. so i assume that there will be a madeon produced song in lp7 too. the only thing is, i just hope coldplay doesn't embrace what is already out there and do their own thing maybe with influences. ASFOS is like a badly done imitation in some ways. that's my problem with it.

well chris did say that they did a session with madeon on a song that was too up beat for GS. so i assume that there will be a madeon produced song in lp7 too. the only thing is, i just hope coldplay doesn't embrace what is already out there and do their own thing maybe with influences. ASFOS is like a badly done imitation in some ways. that's my problem with it.

Ow gawd. Even more edm music is just going to scare me and many other 'oldie' fans away. It feels like such a easy uninspired way of making a big hit. It will sound dated soon and it surely will never end up being a classic.

Even though I would just want them to sound like a band again with mostly pure/natural sounds, im also ok with more indie/experiental music like midnight, just anything not trying to sound like the most popular chart music like edm, hiphop rnb etc and no overdone production please oh please oh please.

But this will be a problem, because they are inspired mostly by all these most popular artists/producers.. it seems.

Someone should send them some other music!

Someone should send them some other music!

LOL - maybe send them their own music to listen to again. (just kidding, they'd probably refuse to listen to it as I know they don't listen to their own music for fun) :D

I'm sort of in the middle. I'm a Coldplay late-bloomer because I was listening to other genres of music during their first few albums, like hard rock and classic rock, and the radio stations I listened to didn't exactly cater to Coldplay. Then one day like a miracle, my tried and true rock station played Viva la Vida and I was hooked for life. After that, I discovered their older classics like Yellow, Clocks, The Scientist, Fix You, etc. I quickly began to love a lot of their non-mainstream songs too like Only Superstition, Spies, AROBTTH, Cemeteries of London, Prospekt's March, Things I Don't Understand, and Low. MX had just come out then, and I also loved Paradise and Charlie Brown. So I'm sort of all over the place with their songs I like. On GS, I'm a huge fan of Midnight, Ink and Fly On/O. I also like to listen to the entire album straight through on repeat - I can't say that about their other albums. So even though not every song on GS is a favorite of mine, I think the album in its entirety is great. Wonderful for a mellow, dreamlike state to be in. :smug: For LP7, I don't necessarily want to see them re-do their old styles, especially since I'm not a "way-back" fan, and I definitely don't want to see imitations of current edm or anything resembling hip hop. Even though their experimental music takes some getting used to, when it's done well, and you give it a fair shot, it's incredible. I love their "beautiful" music too with the flowing piano melodies. (IMHO)

Guest kmm1482

Just 4 guys playing an instrument with nothing else never goes out of style

I am agreeing with most this thread. Coming into LP6 I was really optimistic that Coldplay might actually shoot for less mainstream inspired music, especially with the darkly atmospheric and beautiful Atlas and Midnight. Before the album dropped, I thought Magic was going to be the only single and I loved it, considering the song is very original, groovy and fun. I was wrong.

After listening to Ghost Stories through and through, I have to say I have lost my optimism. I don't want to sound like too much a whiner here, it is a solid album by my favourite band, but I would prefer if they found new inspiration. The band that used to take cues from indie and classic artists to turn them into accessible, masterful songs for me is no more. When Coldplay channels more "quality" music like Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Arcade Fire, Johnny Cash, Bon Iver, U2, worldly sounds, folk, shoegaze, electronica, they have come out with their most successful, critically acclaimed works. In my view, ASFOS is a shallow rendition of EDM taboo's while Ink (though I love it) sounds like a fuzzy copy of REM. True Love, albeit beautiful, feels inspired by Disney soundtracks.

Undeniably, Coldplay has always followed popular musical trends to some degree, but the production on Ghost Stories and MX are the biggest violators. I think we are going to have start accepting that Coldplay is going to become only more overproduced as time goes on. Ghost Stories is too squeaky clean for me. Even the "beautiful and soulful" songs like Oceans and O are so sterile that they don't have the emotional, sould lifting effect that classic Coldplay does (i.e. The Scientist, Til Kingdom Come, Fix You, Don't Panic, Trouble, Amsterdam)

LP7, unless Coldplay completely strips back, which I think we already know they won't, will undoubtedly be very produced, very radio-friendly. And I will probably still like it.

Guest kmm1482
I am agreeing with most this thread. Coming into LP6 I was really optimistic that Coldplay might actually shoot for less mainstream inspired music, especially with the darkly atmospheric and beautiful Atlas and Midnight. Before the album dropped, I thought Magic was going to be the only single and I loved it, considering the song is very original, groovy and fun. I was wrong.

After listening to Ghost Stories through and through, I have to say I have lost my optimism. I don't want to sound like too much a whiner here, it is a solid album by my favourite band, but I would prefer if they found new inspiration. The band that used to take cues from indie and classic artists to turn them into accessible, masterful songs for me is no more. When Coldplay channels more "quality" music like Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Arcade Fire, Johnny Cash, Bon Iver, U2, worldly sounds, folk, shoegaze, electronica, they have come out with their most successful, critically acclaimed works. In my view, ASFOS is a shallow rendition of EDM taboo's while Ink (though I love it) sounds like a fuzzy copy of REM. True Love, albeit beautiful, feels inspired by Disney soundtracks.

Undeniably, Coldplay has always followed popular musical trends to some degree, but the production on Ghost Stories and MX are the biggest violators. I think we are going to have start accepting that Coldplay is going to become only more overproduced as time goes on. Ghost Stories is too squeaky clean for me. Even the "beautiful and soulful" songs like Oceans and O are so sterile that they don't have the emotional, sould lifting effect that classic Coldplay does (i.e. The Scientist, Til Kingdom Come, Fix You, Don't Panic, Trouble, Amsterdam)

LP7, unless Coldplay completely strips back, which I think we already know they won't, will undoubtedly be very produced, very radio-friendly. And I will probably still like it.

I feel like that will be the case. It seems to me like there's a 'that's what the kids like' mentality going on. In my opinion, they've become less a band and more a group.

I can feel the age of edm is soon coming to a close (meaning that there will be less electronic inspired music on the radio soon) Hopefully LP7 will come at that "turn of the music genre" The question is what will be the next popular radio trend?

EDM is slowly evolving into a sort of more laidback genre

Eg. Mr probz - waves (robin Schultz mix), kygo and some of the tracks on Calvin harris' album 18 months "school" in particular show the more musical side to edm