Everything else but LP7 thread - A Ghost

AHFOD thread - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't say something like that just by looking at a dozen of photos. I mean, it is going to be colorful, but we have no idea of how it will sound like, so I'm sorry to say but you can't be disappointed for something you don't even know.

I slightly agree with you... we can say the same for all the excitement that's around the topic. We can't be sure we'll like the new single. It's fair to say that it's better to be positive about that, but I can't. There are just too many similarities, too much in common with the era that started their downhill phase.

My only hope is that they could try to fix that lack of inspiration and creativity by perfecting the last three eras

When did 'different' start being 'crappy'? Of course this depends a lot on personal opinion, but we can't blame the guys for experimenting new stuff.

Coldplay can't please everyone. I'm excited! It's a great day today! [emoji7][emoji41]

Guest diogo_sg
If electropop is experimenting, Rihanna is as creative as Kate Bush

They experimented something new for them. They had never done electropop before MX as far as I recall, so this was indeed "Coldplay experimentation".

I can understand beastwars fear.

Their latest records, MX and Ghost Stories, didnt went the direction a lot of fans wanted them. I dont expect something like "Back to the roots" honestly.

Further more, its going to be very poppy again imho. BUT that isnt actually bad since pop music can be very good too. Some popular Oasis songs were pop songs too and nearly everybody loved them.

At least, i hope for more decent lyrics. I know Chris can do a lot better.

Guest diogo_sg
GUYS:

WHO REMEMBERED THE TWEET THAT THERE WAS AN INDIAN NAMED SONG CALLED LAMHEIN?

THAT's PROBABLY WHAT THIS IS!!!!!!

Joueur Froid has already brought that up many posts ago.

It will be amazing when they will came back with some real good music instead of the crappy songs they did in that era (except for two or three songs)

Yeah, looking at the colour scheme it does seem like it's going to be the pure pop record we have been expecting, so us Oldplayer's do have a slight cause for concern. With that being said though, you can't pre-judge an entire album on a few pictures. I'm going to stay enthusiastic until we hear something.

When did 'different' start being 'crappy'? Of course this depends a lot on personal opinion, but we can't blame the guys for experimenting new stuff.

You can certainly blame the lads for the declining quality since VLVODAAHF. It's your duty as a fan to criticize, not just lap up any old thing they release. Especially when it's a band of an exceptional quality like Coldplay.

They experimented something new for them. They had never done electropop before MX as far as I recall, so this was indeed "Coldplay experimentation".

that it doesn't mean it's good for them... IMHO they took the wrong direction in that case and maybe in this too.

Just to clarify, I really hope I'm wrong and I'm only overcriticizing and they'll come out with a masterpiece, like every other CPyer.

I still can't believe there is no recording of them performing the song. Either they all had in ear monitors only and no one actually heard the song aside from the band itself or the indian people take the "please don't record it and put it on youtube" request very serious.

I still can't believe there is no recording of them performing the song. Either they all had in ear monitors only and no one actually heard the song aside from the band itself or the indian people take the "please don't record it and put it on youtube" request very serious.

It doesn't seem like it now, but it's probably best to hear the official recording over a terrible quality recording off an iPhone. it can't be far off so patience seems the order of the day.