✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

I have no doubt that Stargate would be able to produce a rock record but I'd say the band actively sought them out to make a pop album full of megahits.

If the album does end up sounding like Rihanna you can't really blame Stargate for doing what they do. The blame will lie at the bands door for hiring them in the first place.

This is a good point and something to keep in mind once songs start trickling in. If Coldplay wanted a rock record, they probably would have hired a rock-oriented producer. If the day ever comes that Coldplay decides to work with mainly "rock" producers again, then we can start hoping for another album in the vein of their first four albums

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone else think they'll do a surprise release? Just release one single and then around december they'll just be like 'oh yeah, heres the entire album btw'

I wished they would've released the album as a surprise for the fans, but they won't do that since they already filmed the new music video.

Does anyone else think they'll do a surprise release? Just release one single and then around december they'll just be like 'oh yeah, heres the entire album btw'

I think the main reason people are saying this is that there's evidence work is being done on the album "behind the scenes" (e.g. the music video pictures, Amazing Day, etc.), yet the band themselves have yet to really acknowledge any of it. Personally, I could see a surprise single drop, but I doubt the whole album will drop down on us out of the blue one day-- imho the only reason we haven't heard anything official yet from the guys is because they're not at the point where it would be beneficial to start teasing us yet :shrug:

the only reason we haven't heard anything official yet from the guys is because they're not at the point where it would be beneficial to start teasing us yet

The optimist in me says that because the album is so good they don't want to overexpose people to it yet. Maybe drop a couple of singles and release the full album soon after that.

The pessimist in me says that maybe it's because they're so early in the process of recording/writing the album that there is simply nothing to tease and that through our own speculation we have built up an unrealistic hype which in turn has given us the impression of an unrealistic release period and that we could be looking at a Q1 or Q2 2016 release.

The optimist in me says that because the album is so good they don't want to overexpose people to it yet. Maybe drop a couple of singles and release the full album soon after that.

The pessimist in me says that maybe it's because they're so early in the process of recording/writing the album that there is simply nothing to tease and that through our own speculation we have built up an unrealistic hype which in turn has given us the impression of an unrealistic release period and that we could be looking at a Q1 or Q2 2016 release.

I myself believe the album will be great, better than MX or GS. Rik said on twitter they're still working on it. I don't think the boys are recording it still but mixing and mastering it.

Yeah, let's go with that option. They're waiting on another Clocks moment for sure :nod:

I really doubt they will do a surprise release of the whole album. But it is a possibility...

Me too.. This must be their most confirmation album so i think they'll create a big hype with one or two singles, simbols like MX, and teaser videos as for ETIAW..

Guest diogo_sg
Anyone else think they should increase their activity on social media during this era?

I do. But on the other hand, they had never done anything like this before, so they could very well be trying a new type of hype: silence. Nonetheless, I'd still like to see some teasing. A simple photo would do for me.

This is a good point and something to keep in mind once songs start trickling in. If Coldplay wanted a rock record, they probably would have hired a rock-oriented producer. If the day ever comes that Coldplay decides to work with mainly "rock" producers again, then we can start hoping for another album in the vein of their first four albums

Ughh, good point.

Anyone else think they should increase their activity on social media during this era?

I do. There has been no activity whatsoever since they announced the new timeline and title of the new album.They should start to inform us pretty soon.

Imagine Dragons have been pretty constant I think and they're touring at the moment. One Republic I don't know. It's still pretty much a break for Coldplay. I think the two shows they did lulled us into thinking they're coming back when we actually don't know when they're gonna return properly :P

getithom, your quote's in red.

The Adversary, your quote's in blue.

bosly1, your quote's in gold.

jer123, your quote's in green.

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in magenta.

alexandeha17, your quote's in orange.

ov3la, your quote's in dark purple.

But Danger Mouse produced U2's latest album and it certainly wasn't their best but it wasn't bad and it wasn't rap or r&b. :thinking:

Assuming because x producer is involved the music must be y is a large assumption. I'm sure that just like musicians, producers want to expand their horizons as well. Many producers also even make their own albums.

If Miracles is any sign of what's to come, I think that's a good one :nod: At least compared to GS. I trust everyone who's not Chris to push back if they go in an awful direction.

Exactly! I find it hilarious how kneejerk this website is.

Hmm... he never mentioned any websites. Did you mean to quote one of the posts mentioning the trashy kpopstarz site? (Please ignore this part if my post is completely stupid and I completely missed what @getithom was talking about:P)

If the album does end up sounding like Rihanna you can't really blame Stargate for doing what they do. The blame will lie at the bands door for hiring them in the first place.

Personally, I think Rihanna is one of the better pop artists. She does make the "radio pop" but her songs are actually better than most radio pop music nowadays. I think some of her music is good. But it'd be low of Coldplay to ever drop to Rihanna's level. I expect mostly magnificence from Coldplay, not "good" or the sometimes "great" of Rihanna. I enjoy listening to that but the majority of Coldplay's music outshines Rihanna's work by a ton, and I want for it to stay that way.

When do people think this album will be released?

I was hoping it would be before next year, but I am not so sure.

Origninally we were all thinking a late Oct/early Nov release. That's most likely to be the release of the single at this point and clearly the album has a very low chance of dropping by then. The earlier side of what makes sense right now would be a release in early-mid December, the earliest being mid-late November. I'd say the album logically might drop somewhere around mid-late December, or unfortunately we might even have to wait until early next year's January for it to be dropped. The latest I'd expect right now would be in Febuary, or even at the very very latest March. I really hope a March release doesn't happen, that's much too long...

However lots of sources are saying we will have it before Christmas at least... it'd be a great Christmas present from Coldplay to drop it somewhere around then:D

Waiting for a new single...

If @ov3la is right we'll only have to wait until later this month, which could mean anything to mid-month to the late month for the new single. But I'm not going to believe that for right now, as to not get majorly disappointed. I'd do that if I were you, too.

This is a good point and something to keep in mind once songs start trickling in. If Coldplay wanted a rock record' date=' they probably would have hired a rock-oriented producer. If the day ever comes that Coldplay decides to work with mainly "rock" producers again, [b']then we can start hoping for another album in the vein of their first four albums[/b]

I just need to say one thing about that. Those albums were mostly about insecurity. Now if Coldplay wanted to get back into more of an alternative rock sound like those albums I think they'd do great with that, however the insecurity feeling wouldn't be exactly the same because back then they legitimately were very unsure of the future so they knew exactly how it felt to be very unsure and insecure about stuff. Now that the band is on top of the world and they have not a thing to worry about they don't know that feeling as well as before because they're not experiencing it in real life anymore. Just a thought. Of course if they went back to an alt-rock sound it'd definetely be in the vein of the first four albums and I'd love for them to try that out again...

Does anyone else think they'll do a surprise release? Just release one single and then around december they'll just be like 'oh yeah' date=' heres the entire album btw'[/quote']

You know what, you might be right! Maybe that's what the big secret is! I got it! :D :D :D

I'm not going to try to my hopes up (or any of yours), but I honestly think that's what the big secret may be. They haven't said ONE WORD about Amazing Day yet (minus Rik who indirectly confirmed it'd be on the album) but they never teased us. If they weren't going to do a surprise release they'd probably at least teased us a little bit by now. They know how much we can't wait for this new album so maybe they're going to make us all explode in happiness by surprise-releasing it. That could be why everyone who knows about it is keeping it a secret, maybe because it's meant to be a surprise and it's not meant to be slowly leaked. That's how Amazing Day came along after all, they never said they were going to play a new song, we only knew of it the day before. So possibly they're going to do the same with the album. I think they decided to play Amazing Day maybe as a test at how the community would react in response to a sudden release. If they liked it maybe they'll continue the trend with the new single. But maybe that's why the fans who did hear of this "secret" understood why not to leak it, because they got let in on what the surprise would be. Just some thoughts. I recommend not getting too excited:D

I wished they would've released the album as a surprise for the fans' date=' but they won't do that since they already filmed the new music video.[/quote']

And that has to do with...?

Just because they filmed the new music video already doesn't mean they'll still do a surprise release.:D

Thats not what I mean. Onerepublic and Imagine Dragons keep their accounts active to at least one post a day. CP should do this too like those roadies they used to do or photos from each of their concerts. Maybe even trying some new food to the places they go to :P

Thats not what I meant either. I'd take one good nugget of LP7 news over a repost of something in their band library any day