✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But Danger Mouse produced U2's latest album and it certainly wasn't their best but it wasn't bad and it wasn't rap or r&b. :thinking:

Assuming because x producer is involved the music must be y is a large assumption. I'm sure that just like musicians, producers want to expand their horizons as well. Many producers also even make their own albums.

If Miracles is any sign of what's to come, I think that's a good one :nod: At least compared to GS. I trust everyone who's not Chris to push back if they go in an awful direction.

Miracles isn't a bad song but Coldplay can do so much better than that.

But Danger Mouse produced U2's latest album and it certainly wasn't their best but it wasn't bad and it wasn't rap or r&b.

Assuming because x producer is involved the music must be y is a large assumption. I'm sure that just like musicians, producers want to expand their horizons as well. Many producers also even make their own albums.

If Miracles is any sign of what's to come, I think that's a good one At least compared to GS. I trust everyone who's not Chris to push back if they go in an awful direction.

Very good point. Forgot about that by the time the album was released. Signs of Danger Mouse producing it were almost non existent.

I think like in U2's case, Stargate won't have much if any say on the music structure and like someone said, they tend to overproduce tracks and over Coldplay's last few albums, there are more overproduced tracks than underproduced, so the effect won't be noticable.

I think like in U2's case' date=' Stargate won't have much if any say on the music structure[/quote']

That may be the case, however Rik confirmed that Stargate had loads of input on the album, which is a bit worrying. Maybe you're right but from what Rik said that might not be true.

^I am certain it is true coming from Rik, but that doesn't define what "input" is. I think GS is an example of an album that was overproduced but not from the likes of their producers, save Avicii. The contributions of Madeon, Timbaland, and others was VERY slight. Rik probably had more influence.

So Stargate's contribution could literally just be advice or maybe a single, minuscule sound in a song. We just don't know. Either way, I think we can expect even more producers on AHFOD that we aren't even considering. Only time will tell. At the very least we know Rik is there and probably Dan Green too, which is a good sign for oldplayers.

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

^I am certain it is true coming from Rik, but that doesn't define what "input" is. I think GS is an example of an album that was overproduced but not from the likes of their producers, save Avicii. The contributions of Madeon, Timbaland, and others was VERY slight. Rik probably had more influence.

So Stargate's contribution could literally just be advice or maybe a single, minuscule sound in a song. We just don't know. Either way, I think we can expect even more producers on AHFOD that we aren't even considering. Only time will tell. At the very least we know Rik is there and probably Dan Green too, which is a good sign for oldplayers.

For GS it was mainly rik and paul epworth. For ahfod, i think it'll be split down the middle between rik and stargate with little cameos from other producers like dan green and madeon. I know that chris worked with madeon again on a song he probably added a sound effect like in O, so we could see his contribution again.

I actually would love to see the other members make strong contributions lyrically. All they need is a rhyming dictionary to equal some of Chris' work...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32459[/ATTACH]

But srsly "No I don't, no I don't, no I don't, no I don't want anybody else but you. No I don't it's true" C'mon Chris.

Also didn't Will write the lyrics to Sweet Marianne? That song's not half bad. :dance:

That is true, we really do never know until we hear the full thing. You could be right about Stargate's contribution, it could be miniscule and Rik could be lying. But more likely than not Stargates' probably going to have more input than less. Depending on what "input" means, it could be a very decent album, or a terrible one. We don't really know what "input" means in this case but most likely it means production, advice, etc.

This is also his first time working with an actual band if I remember correctly so it might also be different this time around. But that doesn't add to his horrible track record really... Miracles turned out decent (but, Coldplay could have done better, but really it was just a movie soundtrack...)

But Danger Mouse produced U2's latest album and it certainly wasn't their best but it wasn't bad and it wasn't rap or r&b. :thinking:

If Miracles is any sign of what's to come, I think that's a good one :nod: At least compared to GS. I trust everyone who's not Chris to push back if they go in an awful direction.

Exactly! I find it hilarious how kneejerk this website is.

Think of Ryan Tedder. He's the lead singer of OneRepublic, a pop songwriter, and a producer who just so happened to work on some of the recent U2 album like Danger Mouse did. For a guy who has written many generic pop hits for other artists, his work as a producer is not bad. The U2 songs that he produced sound nothing like those poppy songs.

Think of Ryan Tedder. He's the lead singer of OneRepublic, a pop songwriter, and a producer who just so happened to work on some of the recent U2 album like Danger Mouse did. For a guy who has written many generic pop hits for other artists, his work as a producer is not bad. The U2 songs that he produced sound nothing like those poppy songs.

Yeah, producers are going to definitely style their production in the sense of the band that they are working with.....(if the producers are knowledgeable ones)

Yeah, producers are going to definitely style their production in the sense of the band that they are working with.....(if the producers are knowledgeable ones)

I have no doubt that Stargate would be able to produce a rock record but I'd say the band actively sought them out to make a pop album full of megahits.

If the album does end up sounding like Rihanna you can't really blame Stargate for doing what they do. The blame will lie at the bands door for hiring them in the first place.

When do people think this album will be released?

I was hoping it would be before next year, but I am not so sure.

Wow, wish that's how I was thinking about it. I was always hoping it be out this year, in a weird way out by now too haha. But I guess early next year is starting to make sense [emoji25] so slow..

Wow, wish that's how I was thinking about it. I was always hoping it be out this year, in a weird way out by now too haha. But I guess early next year is starting to make sense [emoji25] so slow..

I think that's what they meant. That it will be out before next year, by the end of this year.