✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Even midnight got a tease of its own [emoji38]. I just dont know what else to think, clearly they have completed enough of the album for Rik to say it sounds great. But on the other hand he did say this:

[ATTACH]32462[/ATTACH]

That gets my hopes down.

How does that get your hopes down? :P

The only thing that downed me about that is that it wasn't a new piece of info.

EDIT: jc90 beat me to it :P

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Longer than you want' but then again we want it now! So he could have meant that, and how he said August, why August? [emoji15][emoji15]

Look, I think you need to look a little closer at his tweets. "Longer than you want"... we do want it now. "not as long as you think". We might not have to wait as long as we think. We think it may be out in early 2016, or December 2015... maybe it actually is coming sooner! :D November is longer than we want, but shorter than what we'd think. :P

And, if you look closely, he said "is your birthday August? If so then definetely!!" He never specified if it meant before or after August but he was most likely making a joke meaning that the album would be out before August 2016 (which is obvious, again he's purposefully, and hilariously, dodging every question that's thrown at him relating to AHFOD:P)

Even midnight got a tease of its own [emoji38]. I just dont know what else to think, clearly they have completed enough of the album for Rik to say it sounds great. But on the other hand he did say this:

[ATTACH]32462[/ATTACH]

That gets my hopes down.

Oh Rik, you're such a tease.

I'm not entirely sure what he means with his August statement, but the rest of that conversation seems vaguely encouraging?

Oh Rik, you're such a tease.

I'm not entirely sure what he means with his August statement, but the rest of that conversation seems vaguely encouraging?

Yeah... not sure why he just said "definetely".

But I'm assuming he meant that it would be before August of next year which is quite an hilarious example of dodging a question :P

Look, I think you need to look a little closer at his tweets. "Longer than you want"... we do want it now. "not as long as you think". We might not have to wait as long as we think. We think it may be out in early 2016, or December 2015... maybe it actually is coming sooner! :D November is longer than we want, but shorter than what we'd think. :P

And, if you look closely, he said "is your birthday August? If so then definetely!!" He never specified if it meant before or after August but he was most likely making a joke meaning that the album would be out before August 2016 (which is obvious, again he's purposefully, and hilariously, dodging every question that's thrown at him relating to AHFOD:P)

Aaaaaand now my hopes are back up! [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

That answer from Rik (which I believe and hope is a joke) would be terrible. He basically confirmed that the album will be out before August 2016 - still a very long time for those of us expecting something before 2015 ends.

As weeks go by, I get more worried since Phil already confirmed they are touring France in December this year. I don't think they will tour without releasing something but who knows!

That answer from Rik (which I believe and hope is a joke) would be terrible. He basically confirmed that the album will be out before August 2016 - still a very long time for those of us expecting something before 2015 ends.

As weeks go by, I get more worried since Phil already confirmed they are touring France in December this year. I don't think they will tour without releasing something but who knows!

AHFOD Release Date: July 31, 2016

In 2012 they "confirmed" they would tour Latin America the following year. Look how that turned out... :/

I'm still hopeful that we will get an album by the end of the year.

Aaaaaand now my hopes are back up! [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85]

You're welcome... but to be honest it's better to keep your hopes low so that when the album is released when you're not expecting it you'll be super surprised and happy. :D

But whatever works for you... :)

In 2012 they "confirmed" they would tour Latin America the following year. Look how that turned out... :/

Ohhh... thanks for getting my hopes down that it will be released sometime before the end of the year :( (keep in mind that I did say not to get hopes up but you do need to have some expectations nonetheless).

Ohhh... thanks for getting my hopes down that it will be released sometime before the end of the year :( (keep in mind that I did say not to get hopes up but you do need to have some expectations nonetheless).

Sorry about that, I should have clarified that I was referring to Phil mentioning shows in France at the end of the year. I didn't mean to get your hopes down. :(

I'm still hopeful, and all signs are pointing toward a single dropping soon so it would make sense to drop an album shortly afterward when they still have the world's attention. :)

Don't remember me that moment :cry::cry:

I wanted to go to the Mylo Xylotour :cry::cry::cry:

As to the Stargate discussion: Remember that the sound of AHFOD, if it turns out to be sugary-poppy, is not Stargate's fault. Stargate cater to a pop crowd and sound and everyone knows that. Coldplay hired them with a purpose. It was Coldplay's (probably at least Chris Martin's) decision to do that and it was a very conscious one. As The Adversary stated before, it is Coldplay who want that sound, not Stargate forcing it upon Coldplay.

Sometimes I get kinda angry because I feel Coldplay has clearly sold its soul. But that's as far as I'll comment here, don't wanna provoke the well-known Oldplay vs. newplay battle again.

As to the Stargate discussion: Remember that the sound of AHFOD, if it turns out to be sugary-poppy, is not Stargate's fault. Stargate cater to a pop crowd and sound and everyone knows that. Coldplay hired them with a purpose. It was Coldplay's (probably at least Chris Martin's) decision to do that and it was a very conscious one. As The Adversary stated before, it is Coldplay who want that sound, not Stargate forcing it upon Coldplay.

Sometimes I get kinda angry because I feel Coldplay has clearly sold its soul. But that's as far as I'll comment here, don't wanna provoke the well-known Oldplay vs. newplay battle again.

I don't want to do this because I know for a fact that this will spark a war, but please don't say that they sold their soul just because they stopped making rock music. Maybe their musical taste has changed. Maybe they are tired of their older selfs. But changing their genre of music certainly not selling their soul.

Not to be adversarial, but why do you equate Newplay with the band selling its soul? I agree some of their output has become more produced and less "heart on your sleeve" emotionally accessible, but there are definitely plenty of sounds that pack good emotional punches!

If it's because they've turned pop then I feel it's unfair to want to pigeonhole them into one musical genre as they are much more capable and talented than that, not to mention that I really like that they are a band with diverse musical tastes :D They can and still do alt-rock well! The only minus I can see is less album continuity...

I actually would love to see the other members make strong contributions lyrically. All they need is a rhyming dictionary to equal some of Chris' work...

Good idea (on the other guys actually contributing lyrics), but would it work? Will Chris sound as heartfelt singing lyrics that are not his own? Will the songs still have the same magical chemistry built between the band members that makes the "Coldplay sound"?