✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Do you think guys the new album will be more "space-rock"? As the MtM style.. It would be awesome.. Parachutes acoustic' date=' arobtth britpop, x&y electronic-rock, Viva baroque-pop, MX pop, Ghosts Stories ambient-pop, and AHFOD space-rock...[/quote']

"MX pop" is pretty much a genre of it's own, it's nothing like most pop songs nowadays.

Coldplay are doing a pretty terrible job at promoting this album' date=' IF they want to promote it, anyway. Problem is, EVERYONE is stating that the album is coming this fall but NOT the band, that's acting like nothing is really happening. They didn't even talked about Amazing Day, not one word. It's weird.[/quote']

It's so weird. Why are they keeping so silent?

Is it because they want to surprise everyone??

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The silence is definitely for a surprise. No doubt about it. And I agree. If it is a surprise, it better be damn amazing! One advantage to releasing a surprise album is that it forces listeners to listen to the album front to back (for the singles). That way they end up liking the package as a whole and the deeper cuts.

But when? Another monday/tuesday have passed without a word...

I don't want to do this because I know for a fact that this will spark a war, but please don't say that they sold their soul just because they stopped making rock music. Maybe their musical taste has changed. Maybe they are tired of their older selfs. But changing their genre of music certainly not selling their soul.

Not to be adversarial, but why do you equate Newplay with the band selling its soul? I agree some of their output has become more produced and less "heart on your sleeve" emotionally accessible, but there are definitely plenty of sounds that pack good emotional punches! If it's because they've turned pop then I feel it's unfair to want to pigeonhole them into one musical genre as they are much more capable and talented than that, not to mention that I really like that they are a band with diverse musical tastes :D They can and still do alt-rock well! The only minus I can see is less album continuity...

I know you feel that Oldplay's work is better than Newplay, and there are in fact a lot of their older works that are much deeper, and agreeing with gentleparachute it has become more produced which isn't the worst thing in the world, but they still haven't sold their soul yet. Just because they've changed to pop doesn't mean they've sold their soul, Coldplay has turned pop into something great to listen to IMO. I agree with the people above me.

But you can't deny most of their newer works are jumping on the commercial bandwagon of what is cool right now with younger crowds. Also, in earlier years they chose their collabs according to quality, now they choose their collabs according to popularity and hipness. As a whole, their newer work is less original and genuine than what it used to be.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more, personally GS is the one album where I think the band fell short on highlighting the rest of the guys. It's all Chris for me, aside from Jonny's solo in True Love, and Guys bass in Magic, no instrumental part really grabbed on on the album, though I enjoyed Midnight a lot, that wasn't even really composed by the band.

I agree with you and disagree that GS was the album were the others didn't shine at all, because it was basically Chris singing against a background full of artificial and synthetic, sometimes ambient sound. I don't know how much the others wrote of these sounds (they even used synth presets to a large extent, imagine that), but for example there was a clear lack of Jonny's guitar lines. If at least Chris's singing had been better, it may have made up for it but the way it is GS is lacking something.

By the way, that Chris made it 40-20-20-20 some years ago instead of their early 25-25-25-25 indicates for me that he has grown to care a lot more about the money than earlier. For me, this totally fits with driving the band to become as commercial as can be. It's such a shame that all idealism seems to be lost along the way when people/bands become famous.

But you can't deny most of their newer works are jumping on the commercial bandwagon of what is cool right now with younger crowds. Also' date=' in earlier years they chose their collabs according to quality, now they choose their collabs according to popularity and hipness. As a whole, their newer work is less original and genuine than what it used to be.[/quote']

I wouldn't call it exactly jumping on the bandwagon. Their new works are great IMO. Not as deep as their previous ones but still light years better than the normal radio pop of today...

Or "It's better than MX but not quite as good as X&Y" as some people seem to expect him to say here :laugh3:

MX is actually really good IMO so itd be hard to make something better, it better be brilliant if that was the case. X&Y is very brilliant as well.

Beach House announced today a new album that is going to be released on October 16th. Two months ago they released another album. I guess that is what many here are expecting is going to be the case for LP7. The band will come out one day and post on Facebook that the album will be released imminently. I highly doubt it. I think that we will get some sort of tease first either from the band or through the press.

Beach House announced today a new album that is going to be released on October 16th. Two months ago they released another album. I guess that is what many here are expecting is going to be the case for LP7. The band will come out one day and post on Facebook that the album will be released imminently. I highly doubt it. I think that we will get some sort of tease first either from the band or through the press.

We'll get a tease from the band, whenever that is. I hope it's tomorrow! [emoji30][emoji51][emoji22]

The day Coldplay sells out/ sell their souls is the day when they don't care about their fans anymore. Instead they keep milking us for our money. The day when they don't support charities. The day when they make it clear that they don't know what the hell they are doing anymore and that they're doing what they're doing because their label told them to. The day they're not friends anymore, but just coworkers.

They are far from selling out. In fact, they are one of the most unique bands in doing what they've done outside and inside the studio. And I dare say they will never sell out because it's just not who they are as people.