✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only hope that there's a lot of focus on the music as well as the vocals, cause that's the one thing I missed in Ghost Stories, it was all about the vocals in my opinion, and sadly most of the vocals were not even that great. I want J's guitar hooks, Guy's groovy basses and Wills intricate rhythms back, just hope they didn't "dumb" these down to make something super pop focused..

Guess to clarify a bit more, I feel like GS and Miracles made all instruments solely a background, nothing special to take the focus aside from vocals.. Examples: Jonny's In my place riff, every teardrops riff, major minus ending riff! Chris piano in clocks, the bass in God Put A Smile and the drums in Violet Hill and HLH.. Those moments, when complementing great vocal is what I think Coldplay does best. When their songs have more than just a background for Chris's vocals

Each of Coldplay's albums are different. If I was asked which album is the most like VLVODAAHF, I wouldn't say anything.

do you think they will still make a whole different record after 6 albums ? if that so then Im expecting an EDM one

but also it will be quit interesting if he said it will be something different :)

for me MX + Parachutes = Ghost stories .. but yeah i agree with you each album has a new sound

Where did he said that?

Tweet from yesterday my time, so this is very accurate and not outdated:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32457[/ATTACH]

In response to a question posted by someone who was wondering if Rik's been working on AHFOD, Rik replied that yes, he has been in the studio w/CP and it's been a busy week, so they're clearly not done yet. Although they're saying it's almost finished, so I guess they were still putting some more finishing touches on the album (and are probably continuing to do so), and it's seeming like they're doing a great job and keeping a great pace, so hopefully we'll get it soon. :)

I'm all for being positive but as far as Stargate go I think damage limitation is what we should hope for, if the album sounds in the vein of Miracles and not S&M by Rihanna we'll be on to a bloody winner there!

I know you're all hoping that Stargate dabble into experimentation but Occam's Razor applies. They produce pop hit records. Coldplay want pop hit records so they hire Stargate for that reason.

What you said.

Ghost Stories wasn't finished until after Magic was dropped. We can still get a single before the finishing touches are added to the rest of the album. It makes sense to have the single ready to go before anything else.

I agree, and according to @ov3la the single will be out later this month. Now I'm not sure how much that's trustable but that'd make sense for a release date of the new single. :)