• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest diogo_sg
And I'm far from the only one who doesn't like it. Just a fact of life

True. Some people like it, some people don't. That's just the way it is :)

The fact remains that the forum is very dead though... and that has to speak to some reception/excitement of this album. At this point I am just waiting for a possible B-side. This era has felt weird. And while I enjoy a lot of elements, it is undoubtedly my least favorite...

Also of course the Superbowl. I grew up in a family that watches the Denver Broncos play every Sunday, so we are all very excited to see them play in the big game! Plus I got my favorite band stepping up for the halftime show!! Should be a good Sunday! Really excited to see what got cooked up for this year. No doubt they have Beyonce come out, then Rihanna. I would also guess another more "classic rock" star might join. I would also guess that the setlist includes another song that they cover.

• Like 1

Really?!?! I didn't know that! Thanks :P

EDIT: I can't find it on the app.

LOL I saw your comment before the EDIT part... I don't think the app has it yet. Im a computer user so ya, although I don't know what you can do on the app. I guess the best you can do is edit and say "Dp" for now until they add a delete button on there :P

The fact remains that the forum is very dead though... and that has to speak to some reception/excitement of this album. At this point I am just waiting for a possible B-side. This era has felt weird. And while I enjoy a lot of elements, it is undoubtedly my least favorite...

Also of course the Superbowl. I grew up in a family that watches the Denver Broncos play every Sunday, so we are all very excited to see them play in the big game! Plus I got my favorite band stepping up for the halftime show!! Should be a good Sunday! Really excited to see what got cooked up for this year. No doubt they have Beyonce come out, then Rihanna. I would also guess another more "classic rock" star might join. I would also guess that the setlist includes another song that they cover.

See I was on the opposite side of that. I live in New England so I was hoping for it to be the Patriots and Coldplay! But thats ok, as long as someone else is enjoying their favorite team and favotite band in the Superbowl, then I'm happy!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest kmm1482

I agree. There's just been a sense of "Oh cool! A new Coldplay album!.... so anyway..." I very much believe that has a lot to do with the quality of the past few albums, we didn't have to wait long for a new one, and there seems to be less transparency within the band. I remember in eras past where Anchorman reported every once in a while with a behind the scenes post about the where the band where in the process, announcing the tour almost right along with the album's release and Roadie 42 showing us some cool pictures and articles from the band in intimate moments. Now, it's just *nothing nothing nothing*"here's an album"*nothing nothing nothing* not even any singles or eps. This also goes into my feeling that band are just burnt out and need a long, long break

Yeah, fan connection seems to have reached a new low. I really hope they will go on a long hiatus after this tour. Only chance for artistic revival of this band (and before I get killed for this comment, think for a moment ! Even the most hardcore AHFOD and Newplay fans would probably agree that it has been a long time since they were on artistic peaks such as AROBTTH or Viva)

• Like 3

Guest diogo_sg

Does anyone know the model of Chris's shoes in this picture? I know they're custom made, but the model mustn't be. Thanks in advance :)

maxresdefault.jpg

PS: I know they're Air Jordans, but I need more info.

And in this one too:

6411_JMH_COLDPLAY_COLDPLAY_HANEY_07-0124_V3_HI_RES.jpg

I agree. There's just been a sense of "Oh cool! A new Coldplay album!.... so anyway..." I very much believe that has a lot to do with the quality of the past few albums, we didn't have to wait long for a new one, and there seems to be less transparency within the band. I remember in eras past where Anchorman reported every once in a while with a behind the scenes post about the where the band where in the process, announcing the tour almost right along with the album's release and Roadie 42 showing us some cool pictures and articles from the band in intimate moments. Now, it's just *nothing nothing nothing*"here's an album"*nothing nothing nothing* not even any singles or eps. This also goes into my feeling that band are just burnt out and need a long, long break

Agree with everything you said. The hype was there a while ago but it just isn't anymore, we just have the new singles to look forward to (and the tours of course:D) but it's like, we don't get no EP's anymore, we don't get no B-Sides anymore, like come on Coldplay. Thankfully they are probably going to be taking a break... really need to look back and see the hype that could have been but wasn't. The quality's a factor too.... if it isn't as good we're bound to be less excited.

Does anyone know the model of Chris's shoes in this picture? I know they're custom made, but the model mustn't be. Thanks in advance :)

And in this one too:

6411_JMH_COLDPLAY_COLDPLAY_HANEY_07-0124_V3_HI_RES.jpg

You know that these are Adidas, don't you?

But if you want more info, I don't have any:)

Sorry:laugh4:

• Like 1

Lets have some Noel Gallagher or Alex Turner! I'd love for him to go back to some true rockstars instead of popstars who will fade away.

I hate to say it, but Coldplay doesn't have the rock rep to get those guys. Do a guitar based album and then we can talk about those kind of duets.

Well just look what happened. :D

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
You know that these are Adidas, don't you?

But if you want more info, I don't have any:)

Sorry:laugh4:

Yeah, I know that :P

But the first pic isn't Adidas I think, only the 2nd one is

@Gideon_Mx yup! :)

I just wanted to know more about them because there are plenty of different types of Air Jordans and Adidas shoes and I can't find these anywhere. I remember hearing Chris saying in an interview that Moses designed a pair of shoes for him to wear this era (one of these two, probably), but I think he only chose the colours and didn't actually designed the model itself. So I don't understand how it can be so hard to find!

It's important to note there's been a fundamental issue with Coldplay. Along with Madonna, Bon Jovi and Nickelback they're currently the most irrelevant musicians in the industry. I don't have to tell you what they all have in common! Since VLVODAAHF their presence or lack of it is totally insignificant, with their influence and resonance and ability to impact or change things in music now totally minuscule.

Of course people's argument here is that they're just a careless happy band now, trying to make happy songs to make everyone else happy about being happy, until everyone vomits a sugary goo of Disney rainbows. But life and music don't work like that, and this forum and the views shared on it do not represent the millions of passionate music lovers and listeners out there.

I personally think there are more unsettling undertones in what they're trying to achieve. They've been a major force in the rise of bands like Imagine Dragons, 5 Seconds of Summer and One Direction, all the while exerting the idea of feeding blandness and mediocrity to the unchallenged masses.

• Like 2