✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

I will try to piss everyone off in one statement:

"SCREW OLDPLAY, POP IS THE BEST WAY TO GO COMMERCIALLY. CHRIS NEEDS ALLLLL THE MONEY. THE ENTIRE BAND IS HUNGRY FOR MORE. GOOD LYRICS AND REAL INSTRUMENTS ARE OUUUT TEHHH WINDOWWW. AS LONG AS IT SOUNDS CATCHY AND THE GENERAL BUTT-LOVING MUSIC POP CROWD LOVE IT, THATS ALL WE NEED TO CARE ABOUT. CP NEEDS TO COLLAB WITH EVEN MOOORE ARTISTS. Im talkin these:

Dat A$$ (Feat. Kanye West)

High Like There's No Tomorrow (Feat. Nicki Minaj)

Hotline Clocks (Feat. Drake)

THESE ARE GOLD IDEAS PEOPLE.

If the oldplayers want to have their corner of negativity they can. I personally can't see how they think X&Y is better then MX or even the new album. X&Y was an over produced cluttered album filled with too many songs that were too long and sounded the same with the same shitty lyrics that old players complain about these days. Now if that's harsh, that's what Coldplay fans like me who likes all their music sees ur guys reaction. Honestly, x&Y has a few good songs I revisit (Fix you, low, white shadows, square one) but MX has (paradise, etdiawf, Charlie Brown, HLH) which imo are just as good, with Fix You being the only one that stands out as a classic. Rather then shitting on the new album, just Look at it as a different band cuz honestly they are a different band ten years later, just like Radiohead is different from ten years ago, and so on.

I'm sorry but X&Y also had Swallowed in The Sea. The lyrics and music are absolutely beautiful. It's one of their best songs.

I'm sorry but X&Y also had Swallowed in The Sea. The lyrics and music are absolutely beautiful. It's one of their best songs.

Personally I disliked X&Y, and swallowed in the sea is alright, but it definitely isn't the best song they've written by a large margin. But again opinions are opinions.

Guest kmm1482

[quote

I have to ask: does anyone love Prospekts March/Poppyfields and Help is Round the Corner as much as I do?

Prospekts March Poppyfields is some of the most beautiful music they've ever written.

And Help is Round the Corner only solidifies my opinion that their early b-sides are just as good, if not better, than most LP songs of any era.

[quote

I have to ask: does anyone love Prospekts March/Poppyfields and Help is Round the Corner as much as I do?

Prospekts March Poppyfields is some of the most beautiful music they've ever written.

And Help is Round the Corner only solidifies my opinion that their early b-sides are just as good, if not better, than most LP songs of any era.

Agreed. I even love Postcards From Far Away. I wish they had added lyrics to it....I'm sure it would have been even more beautiful!

I also love, love, Crest of Waves! It's a fun song w/o sounding like generic pop music.

Fun has grown so much on me. I think Fun and Birds are the best songs of AHFOD. Sure, Fun follows a lot of Pop Tropes and is a tad overproduced, but it gives off a melancholy vibe, and it is so great to have a Newplay song have that vibe. Also, I thing the lyrics are beautiful (at least those that I can understand).

Sorry for the quadruple post, forum malfunction I guess. (I really hope this will not be the final version of the Forum - I can't find anything anymore, everything lags and where are all our hard-earned likes gone ?)

I haven't been on the site yet, but I've been on the mobile site- seems a tad bit confusing.

I haven't been on the site yet, but I've been on the mobile site- seems a tad bit confusing.

Just as confusing online on PC. I really hope this is just a preliminary state, otherwise the update will have been a step backwards.

(But even if: You'll go backwards again, You'll go FORWARDS again !) :D

Just as confusing online on PC. I really hope this is just a preliminary state, otherwise the update will have been a step backwards.

(But even if: You'll go backwards again, You'll go FORWARDS again !) :D

:D ahahaha

I don't know the app so far is the least confusing, and I'm sure you'll get used to it eventually. It seemed much cleaner and more concise at least

Fun has grown so much on me. I think Fun and Birds are the best songs of AHFOD. Sure, Fun follows a lot of Pop Tropes and is a tad overproduced, but it gives off a melancholy vibe, and it is so great to have a Newplay song have that vibe. Also, I thing the lyrics are beautiful (at least those that I can understand).

Confession: I really like Hymn for a Weekend.

I feel like this is going to be one of those albums that sounds better live (just going off the performance of Up&UP and the recent one of Everglow at Belasco Theatre). I've gone from thinking this album was going to be very meh to actually thinking it might overtake Parachutes in my #4 spot (can I say that here? Do I need to go listen to X Marks the Spot 10 times in a row as pennance? :P )

• Like 1