✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Hahaha yeah that was the worst part. :laugh3: It seems so bizarre that it could well have been a joke. I honestly can't imagine what was going through their head when they were putting this on the album, especially Chris saying this is his favourite!?

What.

He actually said that?

jfc I could write a thesis over all the things wrong with that song. All hope is lost

. . . And what really makes me sad is that underneath all the random production crap, there are a few songs that could have been really decent, or even pretty darn good in the case of Up&Up. I've said this probably a half-dozen times since listening to the album, but who ever thought it was a good idea to muffle Noel's solo?

My only hope is that AHFOD will really flop in the charts and that it will be ripped apart by music critics so that the band will maybe wake up

The latter may happen, but I think AHFOD is gonna be a huge chart success (unfortunately) cause it is exactly tailored towards being a chart success !

The album wasn't bad per say, pretty good actually. But yes blame this shitpile of a music industry all you want, spot on @anthamic. These charts and mainstream are ruined and I plan to do something about it. Poor Chris, listening to this rubbish...:(

Poor me having to listen to AHFOD!

Guest kmm1482
Stargate.

We all knew this would happen.

What is a Stargate?? Is that seriously the name of the person who produced this thing?

Surely people are stupid enough to buy it?!

I can only recommend anyone who doesn't like it not to buy it just because it's Coldplay. There will be many opportunities to get high quality rips for your mp3 collection, and if you need the CD for your CD collection I recommend buying it second-hand. Not buying it new and thus contributing to the record sales is a way of expressing discontent, and it is important that we do this.

Guest kmm1482

Just attempted Everglow again. I like some of the piano and some parts of the singing ("when I'm cold") and the guitar is great, the sonar-y sound is ok, but the rest is garbage. The "heyyyyy" just drags the song down.

I think not everybody compares it to Oldplay stuff, but maybe also to other current chart music (which is crap). And then there are those who love EVERYTHING that Coldplay puts out just because it says Coldplay - I can't understand that either. Fandom should have a healthy sense of criticism, too.

And then there are those who love EVERYTHING that Coldplay puts out just because it says Coldplay

This!

I remember laughing when Coldplay won something for Ghost Stories as "best rock (insert something here)"

A lot of bands are really just being judged by their name and status now, and that's just really stupid. Just because someone with a big status releases something, doesn't automatically mean it's good.

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread ===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV===

This!

Just because someone with a big status releases something, doesn't automatically mean it's good.

Just because Coldplay releases something different than Parachutes, doesn't automatically mean it's bad. And just because someone doesn't share your exact music taste, doesn't mean their wrong.

Honestly I should just stay off this thread the negativity is a little upsetting and is something I really don't need in my life, but I posted in it once so now I keep getting notifications... Honestly I thought I was an oldplayer too because I really enjoy their earlier works (minus X&Y) more than their newer stuff, I do think their more well done, and I do think Coldplay should revisit that sort of music. But good God the amount of hate here just makes me want to denounce all their older work and go complete newplay!

I'm not sucking up to this band, I am so picky with music that I don't even know why or how I can even like all their music and listen to all their albums. I dislike pop music with an absolute passion, I totally ditched Imagine Dragons because of their latest album, I now sort of despise Mumford and Sons for changing their signature sound, but good lord I've stuck around for Coldplay. And I did not stick around because of their 'crap' music, I stuck around because I actually think they make GOOD music. I don't know what you're waiting around on the forums for if you despise them so much, get out there and find a new band that's more suited to your music tastes, or take each album for what it is!

For example, Mylo Xyloto is quite rocky in many ways, it has such prominent guitar and amazing riffs! Ghost Stories is such an experimental and out there album that does such a fabulous job at BEING AN ALBUM! It tells an amazing story and is so coherent which is absolutely brilliant despite the songs themselves not really standing out. And I mean good lord those two albums aren't viva level, but they're listenable! So sure you can hate, you can fill yourselves up to the brim with nostalgia or whatever the hell you want, just please, please stop denouncing other people's opinions because they aren't yours!

• Like 1

Just because Coldplay releases something different than Parachutes, doesn't automatically mean it's bad. And just because something doesn't share your exact music taste, doesn't mean their wrong.

Calm down. I'm not saying it's bad because it's different from Parachutes. I didn't say they were wrong either, I just really didn't like it. I'm sorry for the negativity.

Just because Coldplay releases something different than Parachutes, doesn't automatically mean it's bad. And just because someone doesn't share your exact music taste, doesn't mean their wrong.

Honestly I should just stay off this thread the negativity is a little upsetting and is something I really don't need in my life, but I posted in it once so now I keep getting notifications... Honestly I thought I was an oldplayer too because I really enjoy their earlier works (minus X&Y) more than their newer stuff, I do think their more well done, and I do think Coldplay should revisit that sort of music. But good God the amount of hate here just makes me want to denounce all their older work and go complete newplay!

I'm not sucking up to this band, I am so picky with music that I don't even know why or how I can even like all their music and listen to all their albums. I dislike pop music with an absolute passion, I totally ditched Imagine Dragons because of their latest album, I now sort of despise Mumford and Sons for changing their signature sound, but good lord I've stuck around for Coldplay. And I did not stick around because of their 'crap' music, I stuck around because I actually think they make GOOD music. I don't know what you're waiting around on the forums for if you despise them so much, get out there and find a new band that's more suited to your music tastes, or take each album for what it is!

For example, Mylo Xyloto is quite rocky in many ways, it has such prominent guitar and amazing riffs! Ghost Stories is such an experimental and out there album that does such a fabulous job at BEING AN ALBUM! It tells an amazing story and is so coherent which is absolutely brilliant despite the songs themselves not really standing out. And I mean good lord those two albums aren't viva level, but they're listenable! So sure you can hate, you can fill yourselves up to the brim with nostalgia or whatever the hell you want, just please, please stop denouncing other people's opinions because they aren't yours!

This is the only post in this thread I have stopped to actually read. I am now going to get off the coldplaying app where you can't give thumbs up and log into the website where you can and add this to my small list of thumbs up given.

• Like 1

Calm down. I'm not saying it's bad because it's different from Parachutes. I didn't say they were wrong either, I just really didn't like it. I'm sorry for the negativity.

It's okay it wasn't just you its just been a collection of people all over just bashing a lot of stuff which is upsetting because things that are crap to coldplayers probably aren't crap to the rest of the world lol.

And you don't have to like it! I couldn't care less if you liked it or not, I haven't even listened to the goddamn record! I'm just a sliiiggghht bit fed up...

I've been trying to hold back from ranting all day but I guess I caved I must seem a slight bit psycho right now but I promise I'm usually not that bad aha

Look, I really think you are not an Oldplayer in the sense that most people in this thread are. I have the impression you don't feel this difference we feel between listening to a pre-Viva/Viva song compared to post-Viva. It's Ok, some people don't understand/"sense" that difference. I sometimes cannot understand how that is possible, but I've seen it so often that I know it does happen. No, the majority of the people in this thread don't like their new style. And this thread is obviously full of nostalgia about the early stuff and negativity about the new stuff. Is this a bad thing ? If you think it is, you should maybe really just not visit the thread.

If the oldplayers want to have their corner of negativity they can. I personally can't see how they think X&Y is better then MX or even the new album. X&Y was an over produced cluttered album filled with too many songs that were too long and sounded the same with the same shitty lyrics that old players complain about these days. Now if that's harsh, that's what Coldplay fans like me who likes all their music sees ur guys reaction. Honestly, x&Y has a few good songs I revisit (Fix you, low, white shadows, square one) but MX has (paradise, etdiawf, Charlie Brown, HLH) which imo are just as good, with Fix You being the only one that stands out as a classic. Rather then shitting on the new album, just Look at it as a different band cuz honestly they are a different band ten years later, just like Radiohead is different from ten years ago, and so on.

• Like 1