✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Look, I really think you are not an Oldplayer in the sense that most people in this thread are. I have the impression you don't feel this difference we feel between listening to a pre-Viva/Viva song compared to post-Viva. It's Ok, some people don't understand/"sense" that difference. I sometimes cannot understand how that is possible, but I've seen it so often that I know it does happen. No, the majority of the people in this thread don't like their new style. And this thread is obviously full of nostalgia about the early stuff and negativity about the new stuff. Is this a bad thing ? If you think it is, you should maybe really just not visit the thread.

Well no I actually see your point that's the thing, I can really see the difference between the two sides, and I agree the style of the music is quite different, but jeez don't you think it's gone just a bit too far? I understand you have an opinion and you have the complete right to express it in any way you want, I really don't want to get into some sort of fight (it's amazing how much people can say behind their computer screens). But it seems like you guys are getting a little too... Aggressive... For many people's liking.

I was literally RAISED on Oldplay, and it's really not this thread that is the most bothersome, it's the constant spam on all the others and how right you all think you are!

It's really late here and I have school tomorrow... I honestly really love all the users here and on this thread and I don't want to be angry or anything, so continue on... But screen capping others posts and making fun them? It just was the last straw for me...

But it seems like you guys are getting a little too... Aggressive... For many people's liking.

If people let us, we will for the most part stick to this thread and not bother anyone. I think somebody screencaptured a rating to express disbelief at the high ratings, is that a bad thing ? Oldplayers and Newplayers don't seem to understand one another's point of views, so that's a natural reaction. This thread was made for (apart from the reminiscing/revisiting older videos etc. part) the purpose of being able to say your opinion without getting hated on being so "negative about Coldplay" etc. But unfortunately we do get quite a few "visitors" recently who come here expressly to tell us how awful X&Y was (see two posts above) or to make fun of people who stated they don't like the band as they are now (see a few weeks ago). Come on, what's the point of doing that other than deliberately annoying us.

Live and let live !

Guest kmm1482

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread ===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV===

Well no I actually see your point that's the thing, I can really see the difference between the two sides, and I agree the style of the music is quite different, but jeez don't you think it's gone just a bit too far? I understand you have an opinion and you have the complete right to express it in any way you want, I really don't want to get into some sort of fight (it's amazing how much people can say behind their computer screens). But it seems like you guys are getting a little too... Aggressive... For many people's liking.

I was literally RAISED on Oldplay, and it's really not this thread that is the most bothersome, it's the constant spam on all the others and how right you all think you are!

It's really late here and I have school tomorrow... I honestly really love all the users here and on this thread and I don't want to be angry or anything, so continue on... But screen capping others posts and making fun them? It just was the last straw for me...

I'm assuming you're talking about me. I don't exactly know how I was making fun of anyone. I didn't post the person's name and I said nothing derogatory or hurtful. But come on, literally 10 out of 10 on all but two songs?? As I Ran Away said, it was to point out the drastic difference in opinion.

And really, why do you think we still get on here to talk about it?? Cause we still love Coldplay! I could listen to Major Minus, Moving to Mars, Oceans, Midnight, All Your Friends and Ghost Stories (the song) all day long! I used to say that about every single song they released, but now I have no one (on here, at least) to commiserate with about that fact. As soon I bring up my distaste for a back-up "Heyyy" on one song I get berated like I just told them I went down to the Beehive and slapped Phil in the face. This isn't hate, this isn't fighting, this isn't spam, this is people expressing their distaste for a band's sound direction. Also, the album might come out and I only dislike Everglow (which I've listened to quite a few times). Please try to calm down and don't take it personal that there happen to be Coldplay fans who don't automatically think every single song is a classic.

I really think "Newplayers" or people praising this album are getting lost in the hype and are blinded by their love of the band. It's baffling to me how anyone could not think there has been a downward spiral in quality since VLV culminating in AHFOD. I think time (and album sales) will show this. Not to be aggressive or trying to put people's opinion down.

. But it seems like you guys are getting a little too... Aggressive... For many people's liking.

Funny that. We have our own little thread away from everybody yet you guys are the ones in here, cluttering up our thread with rubbish.

I'm sorry but for anyone who really thinks MX is better than X&Y I suggest you listen to both albums again and re-evaluate.

Or... if you really like MX how about you post in the MX thread and scream about how you love it so much in there? You're perfectly entitled to do that in the MX thread, just like I can express my love for the older work in here. You won't see me posting in the MX thread so how about you don't visit here?

^ I think jaytheblue might have a problem not so much with the MX threads but the long stream of negativity in the mixed / open threads... I particularly notice the number of people who seem to be saying the same thing / similar things. I guess everybody wants to have a say, but if it's not particularly new / insightful, and particularly if it's negative, why keep repeating it individually rather than just using a thumbs up? Just brings the mood down a bit... Far easier to criticize than be constructive (although that's not a fan's job to be constructive/ positive I guess, just complain away...)

I agree with you, I shouldn't be here. And I agree you have an opinion... It was late at night and I was frustrated I suppose.

You have every right to continue doing whatever the hell you want to do, but does it make me (or anybody else) such a horrible person for liking MX (and frankly GS) better than X&Y? Does it make me wrong, and most importantly does it make me any less of a Coldplay fan? And really in the end why the hell does it matter! *sigh* why can't we be friends...

I also noticed how a thread originally celebrating Oldplay has quite quickly degraded into complaining about Newplay (go ahead, blame the new album and what this band has degenerated into... We all know already, pop is evil, everyone's sold out and yep, the Band is dead). No one flamed this thread until the band-bashing started here...

• Like 1

I also noticed how a thread originally celebrating Oldplay has quite quickly degraded into complaining about Newplay (go ahead, blame the new album and what this band has degenerated into... We all know already, pop is evil, everyone's sold out and yep, the Band is dead). No one flamed this thread until the band-bashing started here...

Thank you!!! There's a difference finally someone sort of understands what I'm getting at here!

I also noticed how a thread originally celebrating Oldplay has quite quickly degraded into complaining about Newplay

But then again, who are you to try and define what our thread is suppose to be? From the start it was always about celebrating the genius of Oldplay and lamenting *WHAT WE CONSIDER* Coldplay's demise.

As stated before, I don't see many Oldplayer's openly mocking Newplayer's opinions like in the post above whereas vice-versa it's a different story.

The open/mixed threads don't have to be a bastion of positivity either, as fans are our opinion matters too? I'm sorry your offended by seeing a different opinion to your own.

Guest kmm1482

You're right, because we don't think it's very good. Now, can you stop policing what people say in threads that you don't want to be part of in the first place because it hurts your feelings??

Anyway...

Listened to Christmas Lights last night. Think they'll make another Christmas song at any point?

Who's bashing the band? We're saying their music has gone downhill. They've still produced some of the best music in the last 20-30years. Just because they're struggling creatively at the moment doesn't mean to say they won't be amazing again in the future. All songwriters go through dry spells.

You're right, because we don't think it's very good. Now, can you stop policing what people say in threads that you don't want to be part of in the first place because it hurts your feelings??

Anyway...

Listened to Christmas Lights last night. Think they'll make another Christmas song at any point?

Amazing Day is very Christmassy.

you don't like oldplayers

you don't like negativity

you don't like criticism

you like ahfod

you like mx

you think that people in this this thread are here only because they like to complain about something CP related

so my question is: why the * are you still posting here? Leave us alone if you don't understand us

I Prefer their old stuff but AHFOD is better than mx and gs at least. Cos now Im getting used to song that I was not before like Army of one. I think 5 songs has a touch of oldplay in it, mainly 4. If it wasn't for 6 songs of this album I'd totally hated haha. But one song that really frustated me was Fun, cos the main problem its chorus... so teenager.. I don't know.. its lame. Its a good song but has some lame moments

you don't like oldplayers

you don't like negativity

you don't like criticism

you like ahfod

you like mx

you think that people in this this thread are here only because they like to complain about something CP related

so my question is: why the * are you still posting here? Leave us alone if you don't understand us

*sighs* it's okay I think it's an all around misunderstanding. None of us are right honestly, it's just a matter of opinion and I have my faults because I totally angered (and disturbed) this whole thread.

Guest kmm1482
I Prefer their old stuff but AHFOD is better than mx and gs at least. Cos now Im getting used to song that I was not before like Army of one. I think 5 songs has a touch of oldplay in it, mainly 4. If it wasn't for 6 songs of this album I'd totally hated haha. But one song that really frustated me was Fun, cos the main problem its chorus... so teenager.. I don't know.. its lame. Its a good song but has some lame moments

I think I'd agree with that. I liked like 1 1/2 songs on GS and honestly can't remember any on MX. On AFHOD there's 3 that I like and I like the atmospheric interludes. Other than that, to me, it just sounded like generic, pop, fluff