our sales are down and Chris is stressed out

cause ever since you left the fanbase

we

collaborated with 1D

glasses of champagne with beyonce

doing some collabs we've never done before

then comes the Macklemore verse :laugh3:

Song Recorded by Def Jam Records:laugh3:

Why are they jumping around as Monkeys in a CGI video for AOAL? It's embarrassing for the band now. I really don't know what's happened to this (used to be great) band.

Everything's too 'polished' now. They're definitely trying to cultivate a certain image for themselves. Unfortunately for us, that's the "happy" band, maybe they're doing it for their kids, I don't know. The whole hippy, wishy-washy love life thing Chris has going on at the moment is very superficial, shallow and very much shaped by his perfect Hollywood life. I don't begrudge him at all, the lad deserves everything he's got, but for most ordinary people they aren't going to be able to relate to that (Give me back my bedwetter music!) All I do know is that this is just a passing phase and they'll ultimately live to regret it I think.

Even in terms of production the music has just lost its character, it's so squeaky clean and perfect. On Parachutes and AROBTTH you could hear the snare drums snap, guitar strings vibrating and the desperation in Chris's voice. The older albums are genuine while the newer albums imo come across more as a product to be sold.

Guest kmm1482

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread ===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV===

To me, it seems the band is trying so hard to get a radio hit. They want the X-Factor, AMA, Ryan Seacrest crowd so much. I want the 'four guys with instruments' band back. Not this 'let's get Tove Lo, Avicii, Rihanna and Chris' famous ex wife' band we have now.

To me, it seems the band is trying so hard to get a radio hit. They want the X-Factor, AMA, Ryan Seacrest crowd so much. I want the 'four guys with instruments' band back. Not this 'let's get Tove Lo, Avicii, Rihanna and Chris' famous ex wife' band we have now.

Trying to chase the top. It's failing miserably. Amazing Day is so horrible like a clichéd old Coldplay by numbers Christmas song that has no invention, craft or anything. I cant bare to listen to it.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Trying to chase the top. It's failing miserably. Amazing Day is so horrible like a clichéd old Coldplay by numbers Christmas song that has no invention, craft or anything. I cant bare to listen to it.

Reading other music forums and the sentiments are very similar. Almost unanimous agreement that Coldplay were fantastic particularly AROBTTH and VLV but all in agreement that songs like Amazing Day and Everglow are rated as the two most boring Coldplay songs ever. It's utter self parody. With the addition of a host of deeply uninspired guest slots it is perfunctory in the extreme.

Guest kmm1482

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread ===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV===

Reading other music forums and the sentiments are very similar. Almost unanimous agreement that Coldplay were fantastic particularly AROBTTH and VLV but all in agreement that songs like Amazing Day and Everglow are rated as the two most boring Coldplay songs ever. It's utter self parody. With the addition of a host of deeply uninspired guest slots it is perfunctory in the extreme.

Two friends of mine absolutely hate Coldplay, they make fun of me constantly for listening to them and I send them links to newer songs just to troll them. Even they love Parachutes and Rush of Blood. One even went to see them in concert during Twisted Logic.

It really infuriates me when I see people rank Ghost Stories above Parachutes, Rush of Blood, or even above X&Y. I can't fault them for their opinion, but it's just so [emoji58]

So what are you guys thinking after listening to the bastard-child AHFOD? Was that it with Coldplay or will they one day gloriously return with a radically different LP8?

For me GS at least had some gems like Midnight, O, All Your Friends, and Ghost Story but AHFOD seems to have no extraordinary songs. The title track, Birds, and Up&Up are pretty okay but not even as good as the b-sides to GS. I really try not to be too harsh with them but I can't ignore the feeling that this was the final nail in the coffin. :cry:

Ever since GS I had the feeling Coldplay were done, and now I see my thoughts confirmed. This album is as bland and meaningless as a Coldplay album can get (I don't hate every single track, for example I quite like Birds to be honest, but it all feels fake and plastic and not genuine).

Also, I have the feeling every angle of the Chris-Gwyn relationship/breakup has been examined to death and I hope I don't have to listen to any further song about it ! Seriously, Coldplay's themes were more varied in the old days.

Everything's too 'polished' now. They're definitely trying to cultivate a certain image for themselves. Unfortunately for us, that's the "happy" band, maybe they're doing it for their kids, I don't know. The whole hippy, wishy-washy love life thing Chris has going on at the moment is very superficial, shallow and very much shaped by his perfect Hollywood life. I don't begrudge him at all, the lad deserves everything he's got, but for most ordinary people they aren't going to be able to relate to that (Give me back my bedwetter music!) All I do know is that this is just a passing phase and they'll ultimately live to regret it I think.

Even in terms of production the music has just lost its character, it's so squeaky clean and perfect. On Parachutes and AROBTTH you could hear the snare drums snap, guitar strings vibrating and the desperation in Chris's voice. The older albums are genuine while the newer albums imo come across more as a product to be sold.

This sums it up perfectly.

Guest kmm1482

Can you guys imagine if Clocks was made in this current era?? Drake would throw in some "Yeah!"s and there'd be a drum machine drowning out everything and instead of Chris singing about a reluctant impending death, it'd have lines like "We used to watch Game of Thrones under the blanket and now flowers make me sad"

Drake would throw in some "Yeah!"s and there'd be a drum machine drowning out everything

Yeah, to be honest one of the annoying things aout AHFOD are the chopped-up random backing vocals in many of the songs - Do It do it in Army of One, Jifadaeeeh magic magic in AOAL, Up(up) in Up&Up and so on...

No, you totally don't get the song. It's sophisticated literature. Key quote: "You make my heart go ba-boom ba-ba-boom"

Hahaha yeah that was the worst part. :laugh3: It seems so bizarre that it could well have been a joke. I honestly can't imagine what was going through their head when they were putting this on the album, especially Chris saying this is his favourite!?

It really infuriates me when I see people rank Ghost Stories above Parachutes, Rush of Blood, or even above X&Y. I can't fault them for their opinion, but it's just so [emoji58]

IKR? I can usually understand why people like certain things more than others, even when I disagree. But rating GS higher than AROBTTH is beyond me.

My only hope is that AHFOD will really flop in the charts and that it will be ripped apart by music critics so that the band will maybe wake up.