✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

If I am right, they put a microphone outside the studio during a recording session and recorded the noise coming from the street then they edited it

That's the story you can read about it, but to be honest after listening to it many times I am sure that stock audio material of news/television reports was used as well. Just listen to the end of the song - the voices speak like in a news report.

Thank you both!

Coldplay are on the same wave lenght as U2. They're doing the pop thing now but no doubt in a few albums time they'll "revisit" their original sound. It'll be a diluted version but still a million times better than anything they've done since Viva (See U2's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb for comparison)

Our only hope. Although to be honest, I am not sure it will happen. I'm not too familiar with U2 discograohy so can't comment on that, but I think that Coldplay may well keep on doing a different thing for each album. Before going back to their original sound, they might rather dissolve.

Our only hope. Although to be honest, I am not sure it will happen. I'm not too familiar with U2 discograohy so can't comment on that, but I think that Coldplay may well keep on doing a different thing for each album. Before going back to their original sound, they might rather dissolve.

You should listen to the U2 back catalogue, there's a heck of a lot of stunning stuff in there right back to their earliest albums. Almost 40years they've been going and you can hear the influence they've had on various bands and music of their era. Much of early Coldplay can be traced to U2, piano with guitar sounds New Years Day or I Fall Down by U2 are good examples. Just a shame Bono is a bit of a knob as I feel it takes away from their legacy as a lot of people don't like them because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyZrcyfxypc

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/tyZrcyfxypc

• Like 1

Well theres oldplaying and then theres just ignorance!

Yeah, and it sometimes comes in the disguise of people deliberately closing their eyes to the fact that Coldplay's recent output is just not on par with there earlier one.

I found Archiderp's opinion to be perfectly legit. Guess we were all disappointed when we found out that the album didnt have any Indian/psychedelic influnences as we initially thought.

• Like 2

I like LITii SO MUCH! It's so powerful! There's just something in it that makes it my 2nd favorite CPsong! Watch this AWESOME performance! And enjoy, like I do!

(2009)

I like LiTii too. So energetic and inspiring. But talk again about Oldplay only having sad songs...

• Like 1

I like LiTii too. So energetic and inspiring. But talk again about Oldplay only having sad songs...

I'm sorry, can you please explain what you mean with the last sentence: ''But talk again about Oldplay only having sad songs...''?

Sorry if it's my bad English:angry:

Your English is fine, don't worry !

I meant the common misconception that loving Oldplay means loving only sad and melancholic songs. Some Newplayers are quick to accuse you that you don't like the new Coldplay just because the new songs aren't sad anymore. But that is not true - Oldplay had many upbeat songs too (Viva La Vida, Crests Of Waves, Life In Technicolor ii, Yellow, Lovers In Japan)

• Like 2

I'm sorry, can you please explain what you mean with the last sentence: ''But talk again about Oldplay only having sad songs...''?

Sorry if it's my bad English:angry:

He means that people who usually try to defend CP's "newplay" outputs says that the band couldn't write happy songs in their earlier days.

Obviously that's not true and LiT II is one of the proofs of this

• Like 2

I meant the common misconception that loving Oldplay means loving only sad and melancholic songs. Some Newplayers are quick to accuse you that you don't like the new Coldplay just because the new songs aren't sad anymore. But that is not true - Oldplay had many upbeat songs too (Viva La Vida, Crests Of Waves, Life In Technicolor ii, Yellow, Lovers In Japan)

I get it. Yeah, I totally agree!! Btw, thanks for explaining me! ;) :)

Guest kmm1482

I think some "fans" misconstrue "sad" for "real" and not taking your lyrical cues from whatever is popular at the time.

I'm so sorry, we are so many people in this community that I never remember who's a boy and who's a girl. My memory lacks (that's because I'm not so young anymore)

haha, nevermind :) I just like to point it put because I find that many people in online forums just assume you're a guy and are often surprised when it's not the case :)

Am I the only one who's nervous about Coldplay coming to their city and deciding to go or not?

I can totally understand you. I thought about it a lot too and I am still not sure if it is worth to spend so much money to see them performing songs I don't like for 70% of the time... :(

Am I the only one who's nervous about Coldplay coming to their city and deciding to go or not?

I attended a CP concert for the first time in 2012 during the MX tour. Despite some songs I disliked, it was such an experience: they're very good live and they always play a few "hidden pearls" (in my case there were Warning Sign and Speed Of Sound)

• Like 4

Guest kmm1482
I attended a CP concert for the first time in 2012 during the MX tour. Despite some songs I disliked, it was such an experience: they're very good live and they always play a few "hidden pearls" (in my case there were Warning Sign and Speed Of Sound)

You're right. While I'll probably dislike 60% of the songs, seeing some old classics played live is worth it. And they always have some trick up their sleeve; the B-stage, the confetti cannons, the glowing wrist bands. Since its been so long, they may pull out some songs they haven't played live in YEEEARS