✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

The band's neglect of X&Y is such a shame. This album is literally a collection of great both upbeat and slower stadium anthems that would fit these shows so well.

Is it too much to ask for at least Speed Of Sound and Talk to be remembered occasionally ?

Also, I hate it that all they remember from Parachutes is Yellow. Over and over and over again. Trouble does not nearly get the attention it deserves.

• Like 1

I'm really curious about Politik/Midnight... the other good song to listen to is Green Eyes obviously, the others are kinda forgettable.

Don't know why people get such great expectations on this tour, they're at the weakest point of their career artistically speaking, they can't do anything different from this

I haven't seen all videos and posts about the concert yet, so I'm holding my horses about giving my thoughts.

But, the setlist was a bit disappointing for me too.

I didn't trust the one that had been circulating the previous days - it was way to good to be true - but, I really expected it to be somewhat less predictive than it is.

From all the wonderful old songs they have, only playing Yellow - Clocks - Fix you is so...

But, the fact that they were rehearsing some older stuff is hopeful, probably candidates for the fan requests.

IMO, Green Eyes was an easy first one to start with, they have played it on the GS tour.

They probably had enough "stress" about the first show to consider a song that they haven't been playing for a while.

So maybe the further in the tour, the chances of a not so frequently played song is going to be more plausible.

Guys they played a good balance! Green Eyes! How can u complain! This band has released 7 albums of hits, you cant expect them to play every hit and every song from every album (i wouldnt mind it but i know others wouldnt want to be at a concert for 6 hours)

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

They're playing it safe. UATW could easily be 10 different songs but they decided to stick to it. I don't think it's awful but why would you keep the setlist so similar to MXs tour? Along with decisions like putting Yellow second just seem lazy to me.

I wonder if they themselves have full creative control over the setlist or is this delegated to someone in management? You would never know with Coldplay these days.

I think they have control...it is sad but true, they personally condone their own ways.

at the end of the day, i am still 100% sure they will include much more oldplay songs...

this is just the beginning...like testing the Puls of the tour...like Intro

also i'm sure it's really up to just 5 of them to decide which songs they will play...not some management :)

they need to sense the vibe of the crowd,concerts...but somehow i-m really really confused with not enough long concert, or maybe more songs, or i don't know...but also i get it, it can't be like 4 hours gig and 2 hours it's quite ok, maybe they could do it 2,30 but...

and HOPE they eventually will and with Old songs like/ One I love, or Trouble, or ok,ok, ok I ran away,or.....square one.....a whisper... jeez there are so many, many more i love pre-Viva era...or maybeeee Ghost story song from GS...i don't know, just thinking :p ;)

btw I was blown away with

O mio babbino caro...pfufff

and charlie chaplin The Great Dictator's speech!!!!!!!

Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

whoever suggested to include Chaplin's Dictator is my IDOL...Man you have my full, holly R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

well now i'm speechless :D

• Like 2

Will on a drum machine for Army of One doesn't make sense to me at all. The acoustic drumming on that song was one of the few redeeming qualities of AHFOD. Chris' voice didn't sound great singing this live.

• Like 1

So now Chris has taken to walking around singing Fix You instead of actually playing the piano and going for better vocals (he is better when he is not moving while singing).

Sigh.

More show, less music. Great.

At least the bridge stayed the same. I think the Midnight integration is the reason he's not at the piano in the beginning. At least it's the good part of Midnight we're getting. Not the latter half of the song.

The more AHFOD Tour shows I watch, the less excited I am about going to a show. The MX Tour was miles better than this. Fix You ruined, ASFOS and Up&Up as closers, Paradise remix (completely superfluous) and Midnight disco feeling...that is not the Coldplay I know