✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everglow

Coeurli

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i get a mediafire link please peeps? ;)

It's in the multimedia section. Grab it while you can, because since Everglow is available on Tidal, Spotify and Apple Music I recon the link will be removed from there pretty soon.

It's in the multimedia section. Grab it while you can, because since Everglow is available on Tidal, Spotify and Apple Music I recon the link will be removed from there pretty soon.

I'm on mobile i can't find it so I'd appreciate a link that's all :)

If this is the second single, I dont think it has the same effect as the other second singles. Maybe it will make more sense as the big hit once I hear the whole album

Doubt it's the second single. It's most likely a "promotional single" like Midnight was.

To me, it almost feels as though they revisited their original ideas for Up in Flames and 'had another go'..

There's just so many similarities running through it.

It was what I pretty much expected from hearing the little teaser clip but I quite like it.

I think it's one of those tracks that'll be appreciated more in the context of the album.

I love this song. There are some lines I could hear that brought tears to my eyes. It's a little bit sad and at the same time it has joy.

In fact I'm a "Goldplay" if that term exits. But I won't say it's the best Coldplay song or their best ballad because I listen to each song in a different context. I don't compare them because there's something that makes each song unique and I appreciate those differences. Everglow reminds me the sad moments I've had but that I always try to remember as happy memories. Maybe my attitude towards every situation I've lived helps me to see the greatness of Coldplay songs as I've always been a girl who looks for the positive side.

When i Heard the snippet thought I was not gonna like it.

But to my surprise its quite interesting.

The second listen to the song while reading the lyrics gave me chills.

In the context of the album will be great

Im really excited for this new album and era!!

well this place is more positive and colorful than here lol

not sure if their always like that anyway i can't wait for the Media reviews after the album release to see if you guys are too much critical

I am a moderator on /r/Coldplay and this is just part of the reason I much prefer the subreddit to Coldplaying for actual feedback on a song. /r/Coldplay has a whole is a mixed bag in terms of what they like and dislike, but opinions are conveyed in a much more mature manner than here. To be quite honest, the most animosity I've heard towards anything on AHFOD is here. Obviously not everyone likes what they hear on Reddit, but I'll be damned if it's easier to read. The negativity on Coldplaying has been around since well before I joined in 2009, but the post-Viva days here brought the worst out of people.

Guest kmm1482

I'm honestly very tired of people who call others who don't love the song, "Oldplayers" or that the "animosity" and "negativity" here is horrible and bringing the whole community down. Since when was the only opinion that mattered, the positive one? I'm sorry, I don't like the song. The group has embraced this very produced, radio sound that was never around several albums ago and that's what I long for again; 4 guys just playing instruments. I miss the rock band side. Adventure of a Lifetime is one of my favorite songs of theirs in quite a long time and I've played it countless times consecutively, so I'm not some "Oldplayer" who "hate-listens" and complains about every single song. I am extremely excited for the album and am pleasantly encouraged by what new direction they're going, from the snippets. If I wasn't a huge fan of theirs I wouldn't be on here. So please, those of you who think you're a "real" Coldplay fan and know better than fans who have loved them since Parachutes, stop misinterpreting reservations about the songs for hate.

I am a moderator on /r/Coldplay and this is just part of the reason I much prefer the subreddit to Coldplaying for actual feedback on a song. /r/Coldplay has a whole is a mixed bag in terms of what they like and dislike, but opinions are conveyed in a much more mature manner than here. To be quite honest, the most animosity I've heard towards anything on AHFOD is here. Obviously not everyone likes what they hear on Reddit, but I'll be damned if it's easier to read. The negativity on Coldplaying has been around since well before I joined in 2009, but the post-Viva days here brought the worst out of people.

I'm honestly a little surprised at how much more positive and supportive /r/Coldplay is than the forums. You would think that the greater anonymity of Reddit would make it the opposite, but apparently not :shrug:

Granted, I still prefer the forums since they promote a greater platform for discussion (plus I've been hear for five years now so it's just my default :P ), but sometimes the vitriol can get to be a bit much

EDIT: And when I say vitriol, I don't mean "I hate this song, I think it's crap" or "this song is great, you're wrong," I just mean the arguments that sometimes veer into more personal attack territory :shrug:

I think posters have a really, really hard time accepting the fact that Coldplay is not the same band that it was back in the years spanning from 2000-2005.

Not at all, more the fact that Chris' creativity seems to been really going. He's just doesn't seem to be writing very well at the moment.

Not at all, more the fact that Chris' creativity seems to been really going. He's just doesn't seem to be writing very well at the moment.

It's really not that bad though.

I'm honestly a little surprised at how much more positive and supportive /r/Coldplay is than the forums. You would think that the greater anonymity of Reddit would make it the opposite, but apparently not :shrug:

The best thing about Reddit (that's overlooked always) is that the smaller communities are always super friendly and not retarded like /r/funny or /r/pics or whatever. Good discussion, good people. :heart:

I'm honestly very tired of people who call others who don't love the song, "Oldplayers" or that the "animosity" and "negativity" here is horrible and bringing the whole community down. Since when was the only opinion that mattered, the positive one? I'm sorry, I don't like the song. The group has embraced this very produced, radio sound that was never around several albums ago and that's what I long for again; 4 guys just playing instruments. I miss the rock band side. Adventure of a Lifetime is one of my favorite songs of theirs in quite a long time and I've played it countless times consecutively, so I'm not some "Oldplayer" who "hate-listens" and complains about every single song. I am extremely excited for the album and am pleasantly encouraged by what new direction they're going, from the snippets. If I wasn't a huge fan of theirs I wouldn't be on here. So please, those of you who think you're a "real" Coldplay fan and know better than fans who have loved them since Parachutes, stop misinterpreting reservations about the songs for hate.

I'm sorry for wording it that way. I'm all for differing opinions no matter if it's highly favorable or utter disgust. I meant that this website in particular has always had a very interesting perspective and take on the negative side of things. Of course there is no such thing as a 'real' fan of any music, just like there is no 'real' sound any one band can have. I suppose that every community has its ups and downs, and by no means am I trying to act superior or say /r/Coldplay is. I love both places.

I mean in your opinion I suppose.

Ive realized that I kinda really enjoy the criticism. I mean positivity is great and don't get me wrong only negativity is absolutely horrible too, but constructive criticism gives insight on where coldplay is lacking and doesn't make this an adoring two- dimensional fanbase that adores everything that the band does no matter what. It sorta makes things interesting because you realize that everybody doesn't have to be like minded to be a Coldplay fan, and yet we all share that common interest even though we have different opinions :laugh3: Super deep but just on my mind... and I haven't even listened to Everglow