✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

:nod: Maybe we'll finally get that Indian/80s/psychedelic mix we were hoping for on the album

Now THAT is a Coldplay that I would absolutely love. Maybe even a little 90's dance pop/trance. I can really see coldplay going into this direction. Electronic 80's and 90's synths with an exotic rock and modern twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

^True...

We don't even know how many new songs there will be. Carly Rae Jepsen released a B-sides EP this fall that is even better than her full album EMOTION from 2015--that EP had 8 new tracks on it which was incredible...

But realistically, a lot of EP's now have remixes, alternative mixes, or even live versions. Coldplay could let us down with a few more straight forward pop songs and then throw down a bunch of remixes...

I just feel like with a name like Kaleidoscope, you gotta have some alternative stuff on there! It would be a disservice to actual kaleidoscopes if it weren't.

• Like 3

I just feel like with a name like Kaleidoscope, you gotta have some alternative stuff on there! It would be a disservice to actual kaleidoscopes if it weren't.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're trying to get at here. I'm not seeing the connection to alternative music with the word 'kaleidoscope'. I want that sort of sound too, but it's a word that can be attached to many things.

I don't see any other thread, so I will post it here:

Look at Will's and Guy's reaction when the host asks them about the EP, and they don't know yet that Chris just spilled the beans some minutes earlier !! :D Especially Will...

Apparently, it will be called Kaleidoscope.

Although I heard Guy talk about always having "a bag full of ideas", so... A Sky Full Of Stars => A Head Full Of Dreams => A Bag Full Of Ideas... ? ;)

Haha, their reactions were the best thing ever:D

And I'm soooo excited for this!!! I'v been dreaming about this so long, I hope it will have some songs with an extraordinary style, in whatever way!

Guest diogo_sg

I remember hearing/reading in an interview that some of the songs recorded for AHFOD were too poppy and others were too rocky. Maybe we'll get those...

After seeing today's Chris and Jonny performance on italian tv (they played Everglow, HFTW and Up&Up, all in stripped-down versions), I'm beginning to think that this EP will only be composed by some AHFOD songs in acoustic versions...

Cant be. Guy was saying that they had a "bag full of ideas" left and many songs that were recorded but didnt make it on the record. It will probably be similar to Prospekt's March, with some new versions of songs and completely brand new songs as well.

• Like 2

I honestly did not think this would happen at all. I heard talks of a Prospekt's March style EP for this album before, but I never thought it would actually happen... Super cool. Hoping for some new songs, and hoping they sound really diverse too... like the kind of stuff we were hoping would be on the actual record, but instead we got something poppier. Someone mentioned above the possibility of the songs that were left over because they were too poppy or rocky... I'd be interested in those songs too. I'm hoping for at least 4 new songs... I do guess this makes up for the lack of B-sides in this era. Guess Coldplay aren't done with giving us extra songs for each era after all! :D

BTW, I really really dig the new Everglow... I am ultra surprised about their decision to, instead of release an even poppier version of it, actually take away all the poppiness and go with a live sound. A piano that sounds honestly played and isn't electronically fixed or edited, minor effects here and there with the guitar solo still being a thing, and also longer with that person talking at the end... Truly powerful. IMO, they actually went a little too stripped down.. I'd at least have liked some real drum sounds in place of the electronic ones that have now actually grown on me in the original version... oh well, this can only mean a good thing for Coldplay's new releases! With this release Coldplay have become truly unpredictable... on one hand they really went stripped down, but now I'm also hearing there's a collab with Chainsmokers going on... man I don't know what to believe with this band anymore... whatever they make I'm pretty sure it will be good! Note that they say this EP is coming out before the end of the year... is it possible it will be released on the same date that the album was released on, a kind of a one year anniversary of AHFOD kinda thing? (WHAT?!! AHFOD is already almost a year old?!! You've gotta be kidding me! Oh, how the time flies....)

So yeah, super excited for this. hoping it turns out good!

• Like 5

I hope we not see A Sky Full Of Stars EP again...

But maybe the tracklist include kaleidoscope, new everglow and at least 2-3-4 new song.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I doubt they would announce an ASFoS-like EP during an interview. I'm hoping for a Prospekt's March EP myself as the best-case scenario. If Kaleidoscope is getting extended, we may even get a song like LiTii :wacky:

One-year anniversary release hype?

• Like 3

Cant be. Guy was saying that they had a "bag full of ideas" left and many songs that were recorded but didnt make it on the record. It will probably be similar to Prospekt's March, with some new versions of songs and completely brand new songs as well.

I hope for something like this cause I love Prospekt's March so much! I really need that kind of thing in my life

I honestly did not think this would happen at all. I heard talks of a Prospekt's March style EP for this album before, but I never thought it would actually happen... Super cool. Hoping for some new songs, and hoping they sound really diverse too... like the kind of stuff we were hoping would be on the actual record, but instead we got something poppier. Someone mentioned above the possibility of the songs that were left over because they were too poppy or rocky... I'd be interested in those songs too. I'm hoping for at least 4 new songs... I do guess this makes up for the lack of B-sides in this era. Guess Coldplay aren't done with giving us extra songs for each era after all! :D

BTW, I really really dig the new Everglow... I am ultra surprised about their decision to, instead of release an even poppier version of it, actually take away all the poppiness and go with a live sound. A piano that sounds honestly played and isn't electronically fixed or edited, minor effects here and there with the guitar solo still being a thing, and also longer with that person talking at the end... Truly powerful. IMO, they actually went a little too stripped down.. I'd at least have liked some real drum sounds in place of the electronic ones that have now actually grown on me in the original version... oh well, this can only mean a good thing for Coldplay's new releases! With this release Coldplay have become truly unpredictable... on one hand they really went stripped down, but now I'm also hearing there's a collab with Chainsmokers going on... man I don't know what to believe with this band anymore... whatever they make I'm pretty sure it will be good! Note that they say this EP is coming out before the end of the year... is it possible it will be released on the same date that the album was released on, a kind of a one year anniversary of AHFOD kinda thing? (WHAT?!! AHFOD is already almost a year old?!! You've gotta be kidding me! Oh, how the time flies....)

So yeah, super excited for this. hoping it turns out good!

I was really surprised by Everglow as well, I didn't expect the version to be much different... But I love it so much, a lot more than the original one. It makes me so happy that they also choose more live recording and stripped down kinda things. And also the performances recently, they do so much acoustic! I'm really into it! The Everglow performances are so beautiful recently with all the candles...

• Like 1

Gotta get the prediction machines going! Let's see...

Everglow (Single Version)

Army of One (Tour Version/alternate version name here*)

Kaleidoscope (Reprise)

*Voodoo?

Hymn for the Weekend (Reprise/Acoustic with fancy voice tricks)

Birds (Extended?)

I dunno what else...

• Like 2

Gotta get the prediction machines going! Let's see...

Everglow (Single Version)

Army of One (Tour Version/alternate version name here*)

Kaleidoscope (Reprise)

*Voodoo?

Hymn for the Weekend (Reprise/Acoustic with fancy voice tricks)

Birds (Extended?)

I dunno what else...

I hope not...anything with less than 3/4 completely new songs would be a disappointment to me...

• Like 2