✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

It would be great for the EP to have one of the versions of AHFOD(the song), that didn't make it to the album or Legends

Wait, wasn't Legends just the original name for AoaL? :thinking:

Any new song will surely have some great guitar riffs

Roadie #42 confirms Jonny Buckland is jamming on a 'new tune' during #ColdplayPhoenix soundcheck [official] https://t.co/RciMuOShdt[ATTACH=full]6286[/ATTACH]

I Am Ready

While I really like the direction they've taken with that stripped back version of the Everglow single, I must say I wasn't too much surprised by it... if you followed a bit what they were doing on tour in terms of 'variation' from the album versions, you could kind of easily see something like this coming, since it's pretty much what we saw more than once during that B-Stage section on tour / where chris was playing everglow in a similar style (i.e. without any bass and drums)

I hope for something like this cause I love Prospekt's March so much! I really need that kind of thing in my life

I was really surprised by Everglow as well, I didn't expect the version to be much different... But I love it so much, a lot more than the original one. It makes me so happy that they also choose more live recording and stripped down kinda things. And also the performances recently, they do so much acoustic! I'm really into it! The Everglow performances are so beautiful recently with all the candles...

I know, Prospekt's March style EP would be epic. I love Viva for the sheer amount of songs that came from the era, I mean really the album was a 13 track album disguised as a 10 and there was pretty much enough content released during that era to make like 2 new full albums out of it including the leaked demos and all. Man I wish something like that would happen for all their other albums... just imagine hearing some of that leaked acoustic LP5 stuff :heart:

I really like Everglow too. I didn't pay too much attention to the tour and everything and as someone said if you did you would see this coming but still I mean what a direction for Coldplay to be taking, a live acoustic feel for the single... I mean it blows me away. Honestly. Most times a single is edited for radio play to be shorter and they only turn up the bass/drums, bring more autotune etc... they did the complete opposite here. Amazing job by Coldplay, for this I am getting super excited for the EP and what kinda content will be on it

Well, Chris announced the album 4/12/2014

the album was released 4/12/2015

Kaleidoscope release 4/12/2016?

Even more potential evidence for my 1 year anniversary prediction thing!

Chris said they're finishing some songs for an EP so I have faith that there will be a couple of new songs, maybe 2 - 3 !

Yep, and notice he said songs so there'll definitely be more than one.. So excited! I mean nowadays for an EP like this it's quite rare. It's making up for the lack of B sides in this era for sure!

Any new song will surely have some great guitar riffs

Roadie #42 confirms Jonny Buckland is jamming on a 'new tune' during #ColdplayPhoenix soundcheck [official] https://t.co/RciMuOShdt[ATTACH=full]6286[/ATTACH]

Totally epic.

While I really like the direction they've taken with that stripped back version of the Everglow single, I must say I wasn't too much surprised by it... if you followed a bit what they were doing on tour in terms of 'variation' from the album versions, you could kind of easily see something like this coming, since it's pretty much what we saw more than once during that B-Stage section on tour / where chris was playing everglow in a similar style (i.e. without any bass and drums)

I'm still surprised they released it as a single though... I mean if they were looking for it to get popular (which they obviously weren't) they'd release something closer to the album single which is wayyyyyy more radio friendly than the single version ironically. The funny thing was I originally thought this song would include no drums and as it turns out there would be an official release by Coldplay with no drums in it... so I guess that's kinda awesome... I really love this version. Stripped down, heartfelt, and genuine. Really recalling Coldplay's earlier work here. The fans asked for it, they got it. Stripped down. Simple.

• Like 3

Surely the EP will be released before April. I can imagine 4 new original songs in there combined with 2-3 songs consisting of alternative versions of already known ones...

April? I've heard it's getting released before the end of this year.

I thought this was the beginning of Kaleidoscope...

that was my impression too.

i suppose there could be more to it that they could release? but i also wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the case. :P

well i am excited! and if we are heading for a release before the end of this year, isnt it time for the announcement? or are EP's generally not announced?

i went back and looked at when PM was announced, which was about a month before it was released... and i feel like since Chris let it slip that they're doing an EP, they probably would announce it beforehand and not just drop it out of nowhere. although they might not announce it as early - maybe a week or two before instead of a month? :shrug:

I hope for something like this cause I love Prospekt's March so much! I really need that kind of thing in my life

I was really surprised by Everglow as well, I didn't expect the version to be much different... But I love it so much, a lot more than the original one. It makes me so happy that they also choose more live recording and stripped down kinda things. And also the performances recently, they do so much acoustic! I'm really into it! The Everglow performances are so beautiful recently with all the candles...

I absolutely love the new Everglow and how they've been performing acoustic too. I have a feeling that's gonna change on Saturday for the Global Citizen Festival too.

• Like 1

This isnt as relevant to the AHFOD era, but Chris said in the Zane interview that he worked with french Electronic Producer Madeon, who happens to be one of my favorite electronic artists of all time, that was too upbeat for the album. Its around minute 9 in this video:

So I was thinking, could this track make it onto the new EP? I really hope so because I would love to here this collaboration in particular. Avicii shouldnt have done ASFOS. Madeon is 100 times better both musically and creatively and I think he would've given the track alot more justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1