✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

it's not about what we want it's what the band want .. if Coldplay want to reach to the mainstream pop songs in best way then they have to pick the right producer .. IMO Ryan Tedder would help them to reach their goal without losing much of their Identity .. the guy worked with , Beyonce , Adele , Taylor Swift , U2 , Maroon 5 and the Fray also his band OneRepublic are really going big

again if it's up to me i would dream to see sequel to AROBTTH but again it's up to Chris and the guys

• Like 3

Not believing for a second that the EP will only have two new songs. Prospekt's March had 4 (GoW, Rainy Day, Prospekt's March, Now My Feet Won't Touch the Ground) if I remember correctly, plus a long version of LiT and Postcards From Far Away we knew from live performances. Chance is one or two of these new songs is brand new, others are (maybe) leftovers from before plus different (longer, etc.) versions of the songs we already know about.

• Like 2

It seems like Coldplay know they need to come up at least with a couple new songs since this tour will last almost two years. All in all, we're in for a treat! Release time I'd say will be before the Asian dates (February, March).

• Like 2

Some random Twitter fan account claimed without a source that it would be coming out before the end of this year, but I'm pretty sure they said (Will I think?) that it would be out sometime around the start of next year. I definitely agree (and certainly hope!) that it's going to have more than two new songs on it, if it had two or less that would suck so haaaaard. I'm also hoping that the band doesn't screw us over here (that sounds kinda selfish and overindulgent, though) and gives us a small EP, as in a three/four-track "EP", instead of PM length/style. Although, judging by the way that they "announced" it and the time that they're taking/have taken to make it, that's thankfully most likely not going to be the case.

Overall, though, I have a pretty good feeling about this EP, and I think that that's the general consensus so far (with what little information we have). I mean, with AHFOD, I know that myself and many others were quite apprehensive after learning the name of the album, let alone all of the other info that gradually came. According to the general (and my own personal) consensus, we were partly right, but I think that in this case, we're much more hopeful, and that's probably because here the possibilities are almost endless. I'm just really excited for what's to come and can't wait to see everything else (like the app) that will be coming from CP in 2017 and onwards!

• Like 3

Some random Twitter fan account claimed without a source that it would be coming out before the end of this year, but I'm pretty sure they said (Will I think?) that it would be out sometime around the start of next year. I definitely agree (and certainly hope!) that it's going to have more than two new songs on it, if it had two or less that would suck so haaaaard. I'm also hoping that the band doesn't screw us over here (that sounds kinda selfish and overindulgent, though) and gives us a small EP, as in a three/four-track "EP", instead of PM length/style. Although, judging by the way that they "announced" it and the time that they're taking/have taken to make it, that's thankfully most likely not going to be the case.

Overall, though, I have a pretty good feeling about this EP, and I think that that's the general consensus so far (with what little information we have). I mean, with AHFOD, I know that myself and many others were quite apprehensive after learning the name of the album, let alone all of the other info that gradually came. According to the general (and my own personal) consensus, we were partly right, but I think that in this case, we're much more hopeful, and that's probably because here the possibilities are almost endless. I'm just really excited for what's to come and can't wait to see everything else (like the app) that will be coming from CP in 2017 and onwards!

What app? I agree with all you've said btw. :)

Yeah, I thought that it would be out before the end of this year too as someone said that on here, but oh well we do know it's coming soon! I'd be sad if we only got 1 new song. 2 songs would be okay. 3+ would be grand. I mean, this tour has been going on since forever and I'm sure playing the same old songs from the album over and over again is getting repetitive so this may be why they're doing it, also so we can get something fresh and new too! I don't see how getting a PM style EP would "screw us over". I'm definitely not hoping for one, as that would only screw myself over as that's pretty much guaranteed not happening, but at least a 3-4 or even 5 track EP would be nice. I wonder though, since PM was only released 6 months or so after Viva, or at least that's what I heard from some people in this forum... now they're releasing an EP a full year later+, wouldn't it have made sense for this EP to be longer and the PM shorter? Just my view on it, we all know that's not the case now. Viva era was jam packed with songs. Oh well. But if we did get a PM style ep with 4 completely new tracks, 2 sort of new tracks and 2 alternate versions of tracks that were already fully released on studio, or something like that, that would be EPIC, but I know that's asking for too much, so I'd be content with a 3-4 track EP, and truthfully really grateful and excited. Can't wait to see what they come up with this time around!

I've gotta good feeling about this EP as welll, although many said the same thing about AHFOD (despite the title, which I personally have not one problem with) and then got Amazing Day, which a lot of people, even some Oldplayers liked, but some didn't, and then the news came about AOAL and then the pop stars in it, but also other people some would consider more "genuine" and stuff. Was interesting times. And evidently some people were really disappointed, I wasn't and I really enjoyed the album except for the fact that it started really dragging on sometime around Kaleidoscope but got saved by Amazing Day at least for me. But this time around things are legitimately looking up, as that soundcheck from Rose Bowl had that new song or jam or whatever that sounded epic, and the single version of Everglow really got a lot of us excited for Coldplay's future. I know that in the live performances they were gradually heading that way towards that evolution of Everglow but I'm surprised they released a less radio-friendly version of the song still. No doubt that it's still good, but that's what I'm saying, it's better than a "radio mix" or something like that. All in all I'm excited for the future of the band!

A few months ago, Chris mentioned in this interview around 4 minutes that they're making an app and something to do with a new song (probably something off of the EP). Excited to find out what it is!

Oooooooh!... wait, a few months ago? Come on! I'm really falling behind in Coldplay news lol. I don't know a lot of stuff I bet the rest of you do. At least I'm getting caught up lol. Either way it sounds ultra cool, and I can't wait to see what it is either!

it's not about what we want it's what the band want .. if Coldplay want to reach to the mainstream pop songs in best way then they have to pick the right producer .. IMO Ryan Tedder would help them to reach their goal without losing much of their Identity .. the guy worked with , Beyonce , Adele , Taylor Swift , U2 , Maroon 5 and the Fray also his band OneRepublic are really going big

again if it's up to me i would dream to see sequel to AROBTTH but again it's up to Chris and the guys

Ryan Tedder knows how to make hits. But at this point, I don't think that's what Coldplay is going for in this EP. They've already been massively successful and, like they said, their like shows are going very well. Plus, its already logical that "good Coldplay" isn't "Coldplay that is meant for the radio". Ryan Tedder, in my opinion, does a great job in making massively successful singles, but there are better choices regarding what the band want at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What is this EP?

Hey I remember you! Wow that was a long time ago...

Yeah this EP is something new coming from Coldplay, we don't know much yet but will likely be released sometime around early next year. At least 2 brand new songs are likely from this EP as Coldplay said they were working on new songs and that's new songs with an S. So we'll definitely at least get two. I mean it's such a massive tour, the same songs over and over again wouldn't work so they made some new songs for us to hopefully enjoy sometime soon. We think it might go in more of an alternative direction this time around judging from the Rose Bowl soundcheck a while back that had some new kinda jam going on in there. Then again we though that for AHFOD, but we got a poppier release then some expected. Then again, we have that and the single version of Everglow which is just the piano and Chris Martin pretty much, and it sounds much more stripped down, raw, and live than most of the album's content. We got audio evidence this time to hint that they're going in a new direction, CM is taking interviews more seriously as of late as well, and they're calling the new EP "good Coldplay" and that "if you like Coldplay you'll love this", which might be hinting that the fans of the older content might get a treat and a sign of hope that for them Coldplay might be heading in a more alternative artistic direction moving forward. I'm hoping for this too, as while the last 3 albums were fun we know Coldplay are looking to sound different with each release, Coldplay did three albums broadly speaking that are mainly rock focused, then 2 in between albums, with one having lots of diverse influences, and then the last two had a more pop feel to them than ever before. So who knows what will happen next... I'm hoping for the best.

• Like 7

Yeah this EP is something new coming from Coldplay, we don't know much yet but will likely be released sometime around early next year. At least 2 brand new songs are likely from this EP as Coldplay said they were working on new songs and that's new songs with an S. So we'll definitely at least get two. I mean it's such a massive tour, the same songs over and over again wouldn't work so they made some new songs for us to hopefully enjoy sometime soon. We think it might go in more of an alternative direction this time around judging from the Rose Bowl soundcheck a while back that had some new kinda jam going on in there. Then again we though that for AHFOD, but we got a poppier release then some expected. Then again, we have that and the single version of Everglow which is just the piano and Chris Martin pretty much, and it sounds much more stripped down, raw, and live than most of the album's content. We got audio evidence this time to hint that they're going in a new direction, CM is taking interviews more seriously as of late as well, and they're calling the new EP "good Coldplay" and that "if you like Coldplay you'll love this", which might be hinting that the fans of the older content might get a treat and a sign of hope that for them Coldplay might be heading in a more alternative artistic direction moving forward. I'm hoping for this too, as while the last 3 albums were fun we know Coldplay are looking to sound different with each release, Coldplay did three albums broadly speaking that are mainly rock focused, then 2 in between albums, with one having lots of diverse influences, and then the last two had a more pop feel to them than ever before. So who knows what will happen next... I'm hoping for the best.

Sweet mama! I'm excited :D Hopefully we can get it in January.

• Like 1

I don't see how getting a PM style EP would "screw us over".

No I meant if we got a much shorter one instead of PM style and length. Although, as I said, that sounds extremely greedy. But as I think about it now, while PM style and length would be nice, I'd actually like to see them change it up a bit and maybe give us something that's different. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, though.

Oooooooh!... wait, a few months ago? Come on! I'm really falling behind in Coldplay news lol. I don't know a lot of stuff I bet the rest of you do. At least I'm getting caught up lol. Either way it sounds ultra cool, and I can't wait to see what it is either!

Yeah that interview was from the 6th of August, I still remember listening to it then. How the time flies, we're even gonna be reminiscing over right now in a few years, just as we do over years ago and other eras. AHHH I wish I could've experienced the MX era...

Plus, its already logical that "good Coldplay" isn't "Coldplay that is meant for the radio". Ryan Tedder, in my opinion, does a great job in making massively successful singles, but there are better choices regarding what the band want at this point.

Noooop. Let's not be hipsters and pretend that music is only good when it's not successful. Coldplays music is practically synonymous with radio-friendly and I certainly regard many of the bands radio-hits as good Coldplay. Especially MX, imo, since many people jump at the chance of bagging out MX and that era. While I'm not saying that all of their music is good and that all of their popular hits are good (looking your way, HFTW) Coldplay, and especially good Coldplay, while not necessarily being specifically made by the band to be hits, is destined for the radio.

Ohh damn I'd forgotten about that, that was the interview where he hinted at Global Citizen India! :D

When does he hint at Global Citizen India? I cbf to listen to it now lol.

• Like 1

No I meant if we got a much shorter one instead of PM style and length. Although, as I said, that sounds extremely greedy. But as I think about it now, while PM style and length would be nice, I'd actually like to see them change it up a bit and maybe give us something that's different. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, though.

Yeah that interview was from the 6th of August, I still remember listening to it then. How the time flies, we're even gonna be reminiscing over right now in a few years, just as we do over years ago and other eras. AHHH I wish I could've experienced the MX era...

Noooop. Let's not be hipsters and pretend that music is only good when it's not successful. Coldplays music is practically synonymous with radio-friendly and I certainly regard many of the bands radio-hits as good Coldplay. Especially MX, imo, since many people jump at the chance of bagging out MX and that era. While I'm not saying that all of their music is good and that all of their popular hits are good (looking your way, HFTW) Coldplay, and especially good Coldplay, while not necessarily being specifically made by the band to be hits, is destined for the radio.

When does he hint at Global Citizen India? I cbf to listen to it now lol.

He says that this time they're doing a global citizen festival abroad (and sweetly mentions "I don't know whether they've announced it yet" lol typical Chris) and that time rumours about Coldplay coming to India on Nov 19th were already ripe, so one could put two and two together :)

Rose Bowl soundcheck? Link please! [emoji16]

• Like 1

letd not assume that music is only good when it's not successful. Coldplays music is practically synonymous with radio-friendly and I certainly regard many of the bands radio-hits as good Coldplay. Especially MX, imo, since many people jump at the chance of bagging out MX and that era. While I'm not saying that all of their music is good and that all of their popular hits are good (looking your way, HFTW) Coldplay, and especially good Coldplay, while not necessarily being specifically made by the band to be hits, is destined for the radio.

No, that's not what I meant at all. What I meant was that the band is NOT trying to make songs specifically for the radio (ex. Hymn for the Weekend, Princess of China). They are seemingly trying to make songs that they think can live up to their potential. Not songs purposely made to be radio hits.

• Like 2

No, that's not what I meant at all. What I meant was that the band is NOT trying to make songs specifically for the radio (ex. Hymn for the Weekend, Princess of China). They are seemingly trying to make songs that they think can live up to their potential. Not songs purposely made to be radio hits.

Though I would agree about them not focusing on radio-friendly tracks, I feel there's definitely some amount of people-friendlyness that's kept in mind in their composition of songs nowadays. For example, there are so many "Oh ooohs" and all in the AHFOD album simply for the sing-along factor in the concerts. That's not necessarily something new, I mean Viva la Vida had it. But it's just way more conspicuous now is all I'm saying

• Like 2

I think I was referring mainly to when you said that "it's already logical that "good Coldplay" isn't "Coldplay that is meant for the radio"." That implies that anything from them which makes it onto the radio isn't good. But otherwise, I also think that they could shy away from too many additional producers - they're so good when it's just them and maybe someone else, Briano Eno for example, and having too many, like Stargate and Ryan Tedder, might really change things up for the worse. And I don't really mind the production that Stargate did on AHFOD.

• Like 1

I think I was referring mainly to when you said that "it's already logical that "good Coldplay" isn't "Coldplay that is meant for the radio"." That implies that anything from them which makes it onto the radio isn't good. But otherwise, I also think that they could shy away from too many additional producers - they're so good when it's just them and maybe someone else, Briano Eno for example, and having too many, like Stargate and Ryan Tedder, might really change things up for the worse. And I don't really mind the production that Stargate did on AHFOD.

No, that doesn't imply that anything from them that makes it onto the radio isn't good. It means that, like I previously said, songs like HFTW and Princess of China were made specifically to become hits on the radio. Using that kind of ideology means that great songs such as Clocks, Fix You, and Viva La Vida arent good Coldplay even though in my opinion, they are.

Though I would agree about them not focusing on radio-friendly tracks, I feel there's definitely some amount of people-friendlyness that's kept in mind in their composition of songs nowadays. For example, there are so many "Oh ooohs" and all in the AHFOD album simply for the sing-along factor in the concerts. That's not necessarily something new, I mean Viva la Vida had it. But it's just way more conspicuous now is all I'm saying

Well, the setlist is already filled with "arena-friendly" songs filled with "oohs" and "woohoos", so why do more of that? There isn't really a need to anymore.

• Like 1