✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Anyone remember that soundcheck from the LA shows earlier this year? One of the songs they were playing was definitely a new song. All I remember is it seemed drum heavy. Hopefully it makes it onto the EP!

This one? [MEDIA=twitter]767161418214961152[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767161418214961152

:)

It sounds really cool. Much darker, and it somewhat reminds me of Cemeteries of London and No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground. I am really excited if this is the way they're going next.

• Like 7

It sounds really cool. Much darker, and it somewhat reminds me of Cemeteries of London and No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground. I am really excited if this is the way they're going next.

WOW ! I never heard this clip before. This has got some alternative rock vibes, and as you said, the guitar melody has got something of a darker edge to it. I hope we get to hear this song (and I hope we get to hear a non-Stargatified version because I trust Stargate to even turn this melody into a sappy pop dance track with their unnecessary effects!!)

• Like 3

I can't play it because the file seems to be corrupt...

Well, it's for the best anyway.

I want this EP to be a total surprise.

So, I'd better stay out of this thread too.

• Like 4

i haven't heard this either!

i like it a lot. :wideeyed:

Aaahh I really like this. As you said, it reminds me a bit of Cemeteries, but crossed with Strawberry Swing. Hope this makes it onto the EP!

• Like 6

The Viva era is back guys!!!!!! :D :D :D

It sounds rather happy and upbeat but not in the AHFOD or MX sense, more stripped down for sure! This sounds like a perfect compromise :D

• Like 6

Let's hope some elements of the Viva era find their way back! I am not so sure. This sounds like an awesome jam session and warm-up before the show, but that doesn't mean it is a b-side. For all we know Will could have started a drumbeat and then Jonny and Guy just threw in some jammin for fun! Sounds good enough to be a real track though!

• Like 3

Let's hope some elements of the Viva era find their way back! I am not so sure. This sounds like an awesome jam session and warm-up before the show, but that doesn't mean it is a b-side. For all we know Will could have started a drumbeat and then Jonny and Guy just threw in some jammin for fun! Sounds good enough to be a real track though!

Yeah, if it isn't a track and was just improv for fun it should be made into an actual track and released. :D

Yeah, if it isn't a track and was just improv for fun it should be made into an actual track and released. :D

I like it too but this really sounds a lot just like a soundcheck jam rather than a song... so, if it is going to turn out into a song one day it is most certainly not going to be on the EP, as it sounds way too much "underdeveloped" at that stage of the EP (even if it wont be released before april)

I like it too but this really sounds a lot just like a soundcheck jam rather than a song... so, if it is going to turn out into a song one day it is most certainly not going to be on the EP, as it sounds way too much "underdeveloped" at that stage of the EP (even if it wont be released before april)

Just wanna point out this was back in August. If it is indeed a real song, three months is plenty of time to work on something. And, too, R#42 has been teasing them playing a few new songs during soundcheck for a few months now.

• Like 1

Just wanna point out this was back in June. If it is indeed a real song, five months is plenty of time to work on something. And, too, R#42 has been teasing them playing a few new songs during soundcheck for a few months now.

It was in August (Rose Bowl show), but I think this is still plenty of time. Really like the guitar in this and I hope we will get to hear it as a song !

• Like 2

Here is what i am hoping for the new EP basically something like Prospekt's March

- Atlernative version of Army Of One (so they can finally play it on the 2017 tour , we know they wanted to play it as they did it a few times in South America and Nice but I think they gonna re work on it so it might sound better live and I would love to see it replacing Heroes into the set)

- the extended version of Kaleidoscope we heard on tour

- 3 or 4 new songs , two of which might be added on the 2017 tour (a couple of down beat songs on the piano/guitar like Poppyfields or Rainy Day, and a couple of upbeat/rock ones like Glass Of Water

- and maybe one of the A Head Full Of Dreams versions that didn't make the cut

that would make a 7 track EP !!!

that would be the perfect EP for this era !

I just pray they won't do another X marks the spot....

I would really doubt the Everglow acoustic will be on it , don't really see the point since it has already been released as single ?

• Like 2