✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more thing just for the record. Live Nation shows are known to be released atleast a year/year and a half after the end of the tour and as of recently things have gone even longer than that. Madonna's MDNA Tour and Rebel Heart tour took much MUCH longer than what people here have been waiting for. Atleast don't get your hopes down for no reason, it IS going to come out.

• Like 5

Given that their shows have about 24 songs including interludes, perhaps there will be 4 different versions of the AHFOD concert, as in 4 times 24 songs equals 96 things to produce? Maybe 4 shows or locations perhaps.

More optimistically I’d love to see a full album of soundchecks this tour so we can hear things like HYPNOTISED (full band), AROBTTH (2003 to 2007 versión), Spies, Oceans, just to name a few songs that I know were soundchecked based on YouTube videos.

• Like 2

Your point is great ... but what about .... we will get 4 different versions / 4 concert legs ....

1. DVD - European Leg

2. DVD - Asian Leg

3. DVD - North American Leg

4. DVD - South/Latin American Leg

It's just guess but just think about it! :)

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just because 96 mixes are being produced, that doesn't mean we're definitely going to hear all 96, no? Didn't Viva la Vida (song, not album) have something like 20 different versions before the guys settled on the one that we got? And we've never heard any of the others . . .

Not to be a downer, as I would love to have a massive album like that, but that seems like such a monumental task for the guys and their team to pull off

• Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just because 96 mixes are being produced, that doesn't mean we're definitely going to hear all 96, no? Didn't Viva la Vida (song, not album) have something like 20 different versions before the guys settled on the one that we got? And we've never heard any of the others . . .

Not to be a downer, as I would love to have a massive album like that, but that seems like such a monumental task for the guys and their team to pull off

I would agree with this. from a business decision standpoint there's no way the record company will produce and manufacture/press a bunch of DVDs/CDs of the same show from different locations. It simply will be too costly to do it that way. Now, if they want to make a bunch of other shows available digitally/streaming only with no physical product then that's another conversation. Perhaps they will attempt to develop a new way of product distribution with all of this - I don't know.

But I would caution about taking Rik Simpson's comments regarding "albums" and running with any assumptions. It could be nothing more than Simpson providing a set of different options (complete live show productions) to the band and the band selecting the production they like the best that will eventually become Live 2017. And perhaps there's so much material to work with that's causing the extended time delay - too many alternatives and going back to the drawing board as they swap song from this show for same song from another show, etc. I could see that being very time consuming as the band changes their collective mind time and time again.

• Like 4

I would agree with this. from a business decision standpoint there's no way the record company will produce and manufacture/press a bunch of DVDs/CDs of the same show from different locations. It simply will be too costly to do it that way. Now, if they want to make a bunch of other shows available digitally/streaming only with no physical product then that's another conversation. Perhaps they will attempt to develop a new way of product distribution with all of this - I don't know.

But I would caution about taking Rik Simpson's comments regarding "albums" and running with any assumptions. It could be nothing more than Simpson providing a set of different options (complete live show productions) to the band and the band selecting the production they like the best that will eventually become Live 2017. And perhaps there's so much material to work with that's causing the extended time delay - too many alternatives and going back to the drawing board as they swap song from this show for same song from another show, etc. I could see that being very time consuming as the band changes their collective mind time and time again.

That's a very good point. Basically he just has multiple versions of what will become Live 2017.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
That's a very good point. Basically he just has multiple versions of what will become Live 2017.

That's what I'm thinking as well. They're working to see what "meshes" well.

At least the Clocks mix will be easy to figure out (if that song is included). It sounds exactly the same at every show *wink wink*

• Like 5

That's what I'm thinking as well. They're working to see what "meshes" well.

At least the Clocks mix will be easy to figure out (if that song is included). It sounds exactly the same at every show *wink wink*

Hahah they have had "Clocks (Live 2017)" since 2016

• Like 3

I think release of the live album/movie is still a long-distance run for now. As I read the full interview, small chance they will release it anytime before Christmas.
Yeah I'm definitely thinking a November or holiday release. They could release it on or around A Head Full Of Dreams 3rd anniversary.

I'm telling you Chris is going to end up being technically right because he never said November 2017, he just said November lol

• Like 6