✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the band is just plain tired at this point. The AHFOD era lasted 2 years with a ton of touring, lots of promo appearances, and an EP. I'd be exhausted, too! Maybe later this year they'll release Live 2017 in some form. Though I suppose it's also possible that the project will go the way of the Twisted Logic tour DVD and never be released. I hope that's not the case, but it's a possibility.

• Like 2

I think thats always a possibility but I really don't think it's likely with this. From the sounds of it, they worked really hard on this, especially Mat Whitecross. So I don't think they would just scrap it, but once again as you said... it's always a possibility. Time will tell but if we honestly don't get any sort of announcement or teaser this month, than I think it's safe to say we are further off then we thought. It really could end up being November 2018 lol.

At this point I've gone on from hoping for an announcement every week to having it not even be a thought. So once it's announced, it will come as a surprise to me. I think it's better when you look at things this way as it won't consume your mind and your life. Things will always come in time, so just live your life and enjoy when the moment comes :)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 10

coldplay broke their lengthy social media silence today with chris and phil posting on the coldplay facebook page. it had nothing to do with the live recording/dvd/bluray/whatever they've been up to though. :poop:

• Like 3

coldplay broke their lengthy social media silence today with chris and phil posting on the coldplay facebook page. it had nothing to do with the live recording/dvd/bluray/whatever they've been up to though. :poop:

Of course. Maybe they're just pulling the same shenanigans as 2015... almost complete social media silence, no news at all about the upcoming project--not even little teases.

I know all this talk of "Lets Talk" seems to be all talk but hey on the upside they are promising a Clarity Clense!

This sounds like great news!

Perhaps they will communicate in an 8 bit protocol this time around! ;)

love

Freya

A twitter user said that we have to wait, at least, until July. The source is Mila Furstova’s social media manager (the artist of Ghost Stories artwork). He said that Coldplay will release a concert movie, a documentary and the documentary about Mila’s work for Ghost Stories (“Wings for Coldplay”)

• Like 6

I'm little confused now, so there will be 2 or 3 movies :p

Options are:

1) TOUR DVD including DOCUMENTARY + WINGS FOR COLDPLAY MOVIE (2 MOVIES)

2) TOUR DVD + DOCUMENTARY DVD + WINGS FOR COLDPLAY MOVIE (3 MOVIES)

ChrisMartin Campaign‏ @AwardChris May 13

Coldplay are releasing a dvd of the tour and a documentary and Mila has a movie with Coldplay too

I think the first option is the most likely

A twitter user said that we have to wait, at least, until July. The source is Mila Furstova’s social media manager (the artist of Ghost Stories artwork). He said that Coldplay will release a concert movie, a documentary and the documentary about Mila’s work for Ghost Stories (“Wings for Coldplay”)

I would LOVE to see a decent documentary in addition to a concert film!

• Like 2

My guess is that the "documentary" portion is part of the concert movie- A concert+documentary of the tour, like the band has done multiple times before.

Members of the band have specifically stated that they aren't quite at the point of a standalone documentary film yet in their careers. But I'm sure that day will come years down the road.

• Like 5

Intriguing news... I wonder what he means by 96 mixes? LIke does that mean there are 7 live versions of AHFOD that he's trying to combine? Or is he literally referring to creating 96 mixes tnat they'll widdle down to 15?

I really hope we're in a for a huge surprise on this one.

Does anyone think we'll get updated "Remixes" of certain tracks? I mean, Coldplay has never really done this, but how cool would it be if we got demos/remixes of album tracks? LIke imagine the alternative, more rocky version of AHFOD, or a way more weird synthy version of Army of One? It'd be bad timing now with the death of Avicii, but I still really want to hear the non-avicii version of ASFOS! Feasibly they could use this live album as a celebration of their career and release a bunch old demos from other eras too!

• Like 4

Intriguing news... I wonder what he means by 96 mixes? LIke does that mean there are 7 live versions of AHFOD that he's trying to combine? Or is he literally referring to creating 96 mixes tnat they'll widdle down to 15?

I really hope we're in a for a huge surprise on this one.

Does anyone think we'll get updated "Remixes" of certain tracks? I mean, Coldplay has never really done this, but how cool would it be if we got demos/remixes of album tracks? LIke imagine the alternative, more rocky version of AHFOD, or a way more weird synthy version of Army of One? It'd be bad timing now with the death of Avicii, but I still really want to hear the non-avicii version of ASFOS! Feasibly they could use this live album as a celebration of their career and release a bunch old demos from other eras too!

I actually really like that idea. Would definitely be awesome if we got something like that. I'm going to be safe, not get my hopes up and say that they are combining mixes. But we will see...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1