✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, it would be great to have a theater full of people as passionate as the people on this website because enthusiasm was lacking in my theater. I was the only one in a Coldplay shirt, and my friend and I were the only ones with xylobands and love buttons. Denver needs to step it up!

Had a similar problem in Fort Wayne (Indiana). The theatre was full but very few people seemed pumped, and only my daughter, myself and maybe two other people were wearing any CP clothes. No one clapped at the end either but I heard some laughs at the funny parts. It was way too somber there!!

Loved the movie though and so glad I went!!!!

• Like 2

whoa.

same. also it was nice to bump into you again! such a coincidence, I can't believe we live like 1 km from each other and only see each other at Coldplay events :joy:

Just a small note to the Dutch cinemas: please don't ever put dutch subtitles to Coldplay songs again :joy:

oh my god yes, what on earth was that?! as a translation student I really had to stop reading them because it was driving me crazy haha (also because they used the same subtitles for The Netherlands and Dutch-speaking Belgium, some parts sounded so Dutch and therefore so wrong haha) The rest of the subtitles weren't fantastic either. The lowpoint was when they misunderstood "fight" for "flight" during the scene where the band takes the piss out of Phil. Aaaaaarghh.

Anyway, thoughts on the film (spoilers, of course)

-LOVED IT. All the emotions, man. I loved the bits where studio footage morphed into live footage, really nicely done

-When I walked out I felt like one of the big songs was missing and I couldn't think of which one it was, but yeah where was Clocks?

-MX also got neglected a bit but I can see why that is, with the theme being friendship etc

favourite parts:

-studio footage from the creation of the best Coldplay song of all time aka Politik :heart::heart::heart:

-Chris' banter about the venn diagram/R.E.M.-U2-R.E.2/Coldplay setlist lkdfnmdfj that was hilarious

-the end credits, basically everything there. but especially Chris being completely shitfaced lol

-the note from the band to Chris. my heart.

-that student party where they're all dancing

that's all I can think of for now but there was SO MUCH I think I've already forgotten half of what I saw

• Like 8

Also, it would be great to have a theater full of people as passionate as the people on this website because enthusiasm was lacking in my theater. I was the only one in a Coldplay shirt, and my friend and I were the only ones with xylobands and love buttons. Denver needs to step it up!
Same thing in my theater :/

The theater was sold out but I think it only ended up being 60% full and I was the only one in a Coldplay shirt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well I am so glad this film came out and to have finally seen it after all this anticipation. I assumed in my small area that I would be one of the few in the theater, but I walked up and they said "try to find a seat, if you can't we will show it again later in the evening"- the place was packed! So great to see the passion for Coldplay still high. Luckily I found a seat.

It was so cool to see all the background stuff and behind the scenes in the studio and whatnot, but I was still left wanting more.

-To echo some people on here, my first takeaway from the film was absolutely zero mention of Clocks. That is my favorite song of all time, of any musical artist and it didn't even have a mention. Many, especially outside of our fandom, consider Clocks to be Coldplay's signature mark on musical history.

-I like the heavy focus on X&Y and the bands buildup to that era and the crossroads they hit.

-I was really disappointed that there was not more of VLV era included.

-On that note, MX had like a 15 second mention it felt. Would have loved to see more of that and Brian Eno's impact.

-I thought the band sitting down and deciding the AHFOD track listing was fascinating.

Overall, it was a clearly a monumental task to put together this film and whittle down all that footage into a 2 hour story. I appreciate that Mat decided to try to focus on a theme (friendship, starting a band, etc.) rather than just document each album. However, I would much prefer to someday see a behind the scenes focus and how the songs originated and evolved for each album.

Having said all that, it was truly amazing to watch this film and Mat did an excellent job. I will be watching again. And again.

I feel the exact same way.

I think Mat said they were considering a miniseries at one point instead of a documentary. I think that would have open up more time for things to be shown. I probably could do one season for each era.

I think Mat said there is some bonus stuff on the DVD so hopefully we see a little more of the recording process for Viva and MX.

• Like 2

same. also it was nice to bump into you again! such a coincidence, I can't believe we live like 1 km from each other and only see each other at Coldplay events :joy:

Hahaha yes that's so true! ( Btw I've finally made an account after years and years of lurking hmmmm ). It was such a pleasure meeting you again, by surprise! I am very thankful that we (Ameline and I) met you at the concert. (Oh wait, maybe 10hours before the concert, waiting in full sun ughhhh but it was such a relief after all). What an amazing day that was.

I got goosebumps from the second there was something on the screen and that was the commercial for the film. :D

What an emotional roller coaster it was...

SPOILER ALERT

There were so many highlights (and hard to even remember them already), some of the best moments for me:

- the phonecall between Mat & Chris

- the footage of them being students, that song about his friends Roman nose, the party

- all of the X&Y footage :)

- Chris' Coldplay setlist theory

- Ghost stories part with True Love, that cracked me

- Politik

- Chris singing that song about approving songs (where Guy and Will always say no)

- I liked that there was a lot of footage of the Paris concerts, I even thought I saw the green balloon that I was holding at AOAL when I was first row (but it was so fast).

- the last part of the 10 minutes bonus

- I Bloom Blaum :)

and a lot more.

There were so many funny parts in it. Captain Crieff and myself were laughing simultaneously a lot.

I really want to see this film again, it happend like in a haze, a stormy haze

• Like 5

Hahaha yes that's so true! ( Btw I've finally made an account after years and years of lurking hmmmm ). It was such a pleasure meeting you again, by surprise! I am very thankful that we (Ameline and I) met you at the concert. (Oh wait, maybe 10hours before the concert, waiting in full sun ughhhh but it was such a relief after all). What an amazing day that was.

Oh hi, welcome to the forum and I was the one who was with Captain Crieff. :)

I went to see the film with my two friends. Actually, we must have been the youngest ones, the only teenagers in the audience. Everyone else seemed to have been following the band since the early years of their career. Anyway, as the film started, I felt so excited that I was completely in a daze and couldn't believe that I was truly watching it. It felt like a dream to me, really. It took me a while to realize that it was happening. I was dumbfounded. It was the hardest part for me. But later as time passed and the film kept on being screened, I was totally immersed in it. Enjoyed every single part of it, was close to tears now and then, giggled and was having a laugh, didn't want the film to end... It was wonderful. I was flabbergasted. It was an unforgettable experience. I feel blessed to have seen it. Yesterday after coming home I was so delighted that I told myself to see it again!

Anyway, today I visited the local cinema again and asked a box-office attendant whether I could take home a poster advertising the film as I had been too shy the day before. The person was happy to oblige me! Now again I cannot believe what I've managed to do but everything was worth it!

• Like 5

I went to see the film with my two friends. Actually, we must have been the youngest ones, the only teenagers in the audience. Everyone else seemed to have been following the band since the early years of their career. Anyway, as the film started, I felt so excited that I was completely in a daze and couldn't believe that I was truly watching it. It felt like a dream to me, really. It took me a while to realize that it was happening. I was dumbfounded. It was the hardest part for me. But later as time passed and the film kept on being screened, I was totally immersed in it. Enjoyed every single part of it, was close to tears now and then, giggled and was having a laugh, didn't want the film to end... It was wonderful. I was flabbergasted. It was an unforgettable experience. I feel blessed to have seen it. Yesterday after coming home I was so delighted that I told myself to see it again!

Anyway, today I visited the local cinema again and asked a box-office attendant whether I could take home a poster advertising the film as I had been too shy the day before. The person was happy to oblige me! Now again I cannot believe what I've managed to do but everything was worth it!

Good for you for being so brave and going back to ask for a poster! That is wonderful, and what a neat piece of memorabilia to take away from an exciting night! I am happy for you :)

• Like 2

Hi, I have made an Amazon Prime account specifically for people who don't have Prime. I'm not a hundred percent sure if it works yet but if you want, send me a message and I can give you the login information.

If you want to wait for the DVD to watch on your new TV that's fine too :) Just figured I would offer in case.

You are SO kind to do this!! What a generous thing to do, thank you!

• Like 2

Good for you for being so brave and going back to ask for a poster! That is wonderful, and what a neat piece of memorabilia to take away from an exciting night! I am happy for you :)

Thank you! :heart: I was actually sceptical that it would be a successful attempt because I was too bashful as hell to make it happen. When I told my companion about it, she said "If you never try, you'll never know." I understood I had to do that no matter what consequences of that would be like. The funniest thing about it was that I overheard the conversation between the box-office attendant and the man who's resposible for hanging posters round the cinema. He said nobody had wanted it the day before when he had put it away!

• Like 1