✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Guys, I'm doing some Photoshop work and trying to find some proof why the album art is real/fake. I believe it's real but I'm open to every possibility.

Here's an exact gif comparing the both sides of the album. Jonny's face is VERY different

EDIT: I'm convinced the album art is real.

coldplayAlbumGif.thumb.gif.6fcded8c091ea6652ee52bb446f966db.gif

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

Guys, I'm doing some Photoshop work and trying to find some proof why the album art is real/fake. I believe it's real but I'm open to every possibility.

Here's an exact gif comparing the both sides of the album. Jonny's face is VERY different

Great work. I never doubted they were two different photo sets, and here you can clearly see that every band member shifts position.

But some of the advertising posters, the vertical ones, also had this flipped image on top...so there is this very, very remote possibility someone may have gotten hold of that image file.

• Like 1

Great work. I never doubted they were two different photo sets, and here you can clearly see that every band member shifts position.

But some of the advertising posters, the vertical ones, also had this flipped image on top...so there is this very, very remote possibility someone may have gotten hold of that image file.

The photos are exactly the same, only the heads are Photoshopped, but that's a perfectly normal artistic choice since two different photos would be easily visible.

EDIT: Can't get on the site aswell...

^ I was going to point that out as well. If everything in the photos are the same except for their heads, that makes it more likely that it's a fake. And with the general grainy image style they're using, any discrepancies would be less obvious.

Then again, if it is legit, the same argument could be made *shrug*

I think it just makes it more believable. Maybe Jonny looks "faked", but it's very clear that Chris' face is shot on the same spot, but a different time.

It's a style choice that she made to make it more subtle that the face expressions are different.

• Like 2

It doesn’t seem like it (as in credited artists) but we’ve learned that there are producers like Timbaland and possibly vocals from some other chick who I’ve forgotten what her name is

Natacha Atlas?

And usually Coldplay doesn't credit collabs...

Part of me still hopes that isn’t the cover... just cause I’ve liked the usual center piece as part of their era theme... but i mostly think it is the real one

I think the album will be packed like Ghost Stories and AHFOD, with a box above the actual CD having the sun-and-moon. Or maybe the sun-and-moon art will be an alternative cover (like in MX)

I'm terrible sorry about my English, but I'm not being able to straight-up express what I mean above; I hope you can understand.

• Like 3

So we now have a countdown... only issue is that the world premiere of the single is going to be right when one of my university classes starts (12:30 pm local time). So I'm gonna have to wait in agony until class is over to listen.

I don't think it's a cover album either, but maybe - dare I say it ? Maybe their track titles are just a little uninspired/lazy this time.

Some of the titles, like Daddy and Cry Cry Cry do come off as uninspired. But at least there's Èko... that one is quite unique. Judging from titles alone, that's the song I'm most curious about.

If there's any artist featured on the album who would y'all like to see?

I really want to see Gary Lightbody on a Coldplay album. But if it has to be someone younger and more relevant to modern pop, maybe it should be someone like Alessia Cara. After all, she supported the AHFOD tour.

Hi everyone!

Nice to once again feel the excitement of a new release.

Do you guys think they could release music videos for all the songs in the new album?

Assuming there are indeed 16 songs on the album... I don't think it's likely that they'd make 16 different music videos. They usually only make maybe 5 of them per era. Even if they double that amount because it's a double album, it'd still be real time consuming for them... who knows, though?

• Like 2

So we now have a countdown... only issue is that the world premiere of the single is going to be right when one of my university classes starts (12:30 pm local time). So I'm gonna have to wait in agony until class is over to listen.

Some of the titles, like Daddy and Cry Cry Cry do come off as uninspired. But at least there's Èko... that one is quite unique. Judging from titles alone, that's the song I'm most curious about.

I really want to see Gary Lightbody on a Coldplay album. But if it has to be someone younger and more relevant to modern pop, maybe it should be someone like Alessia Cara. After all, she supported the AHFOD tour.

Assuming there are indeed 16 songs on the album... I don't think it's likely that they'd make 16 different music videos. They usually only make maybe 5 of them per era. Even if they double that amount because it's a double album, it'd still be real time consuming for them... who knows, though?

Well the music videos could be animated, like Ink and Aliens.

• Like 1

Here's my question

We all know 12 videos were updated on YouTube (208 to 220) then why are there 16 songs in leaked tracklist?

something doesn't add up.

I'm thinking 4 of those titles won't be on the list

Or maybe (sadly) 4 of the songs will be short transitional songs... like MMIX or A Hopeful Transmission, so they aren't including them in videos..? Guess we'll find out when the official track-listing is out with the song times listed.

• Like 2

Well the music videos could be animated, like Ink and Aliens.

I want to see something like the Ink video again! It was really interesting how they stuck with a choose-your-own-adventure format and then used the most popular choices from fans to piece together the official video. They should try that kind of format again, it'd be a cool way to engage with the fans.

• Like 7

Or maybe (sadly) 4 of the songs will be short transitional songs... like MMIX or A Hopeful Transmission, so they aren't including them in videos..? Guess we'll find out when the official track-listing is out with the song times listed.

I'm hoping some of those videos are teaser clips, like whatever it is that's supposedly being prepped for the website according to the code that was unearthed.

• Like 3

As someone mentioned before. This could be the insert.

Sorry but I really really want them to continue the tradition of them not being on the cover. Haha