✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I like that idea. I think that makes the most sense and I hope you're right.

Another option would be a 3 or 4 panel digipak sleeve, similar as the Butterfly Package.

But then the booklet would be more hidden inside the sleeve. Well, let's hope it's packaged like Ghost Stories and AHFOD.

• Like 3

Another option would be a 3 or 4 panel digipak sleeve, similar as the Butterfly Package.

But then the booklet would be more hidden inside the sleeve. Well, let's hope it's packaged like Ghost Stories and AHFOD.

Oh please no digipaks. I hate those, they are way more susceptible to wear and tear. I prefer a good old jewelcase. If you damage your jewelcase you can simply buy a replacement and swap the booklets etc, while a digipack is damaged forever. Plus, I think a jewelcase looks better on the CD shelf.

• Like 6

From looking at the new designs and the general old fashioned look the Coldplay website and their social media platforms are sporting, I dearly hope their new album is more oriented towards "back-to-the-roots" fashioned stuff, and less electronic and all-over-the-place like their last two albums.

Oh boy, what can I say, I'm actually excited! dance.gif.e74aa8a460ae96151fd7b447d341b427.gif

dance.gif.a70d274eeb0942f2a16daeda55954ed2.gif

• Like 10

Cross your fingers half of these songs are not just transition songs like MMIX or A Hopeful Transmission. Or it’ll be almost the same length of MX and not really a true double album. There’s only 8 songs on each side (going by leaked track list), so just 2 more songs than MX had.

• Like 3

EHepuceXYAA9xqZ?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Okay seriously though, please tell me I'm not the only one who gets STRONG millennial vibes from that letter.

It honestly reads like "Hey y'all, we're really tired and old and took like 30345235 years for 5 songs lol. Anyways I can't type for shit so here are our signatures in glitter font lmao bye"

I love them wacko.gif.1ab464579333eaadc26af88b5a692a11.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

Cross your fingers half of these songs are not just transition songs like MMIX or A Hopeful Transmission. Or it’ll be almost the same length of MX and not really a true double album. There’s only 8 songs on each side (going by leaked track list), so just 2 more songs than MX had.

Eight tracks per disc... Hope each song will run at least 5 minutes then.

• Like 1

When I saw Arabesque I had a hunch and I just looked it up, it's true. Arabesque is an unreleased song from the Mylo Xyloto era! :)

Our troublesome fake leaker who said The Race would be on the album ended up right about one thing: we're getting an unreleased song from a prior era. It's not Car Kids (unless that has been renamed...!) but it'll have to do lol

• Like 2

Sunrise and Sunset are pretty great for the names of the albums, but Everyday Life sounds, well a little bit mundane to me. I think many of the song titles in the Amazon's listing sound a little weak and simple. Sunrise, Trouble in Town, When I need a Friend, Old Friends and Orphans are pretty fitting for Coldplay, but the rest sound a bit meh imo. Any idea what could be track #6 for the second disk? Sunset would make sense at least to be included as a song title.

Any guesses how they are going to tour the albums? A large tour production like AHFOD and MX, or smaller venues and more intimate like Ghost Stories? I think small venues are unlikely, but I really hope they would. Or maybe a combination of both, a small promo tour and then a large tour, or a small tour for one of the albums and a bigger for the other?

And btw, I think it's great attention to detail that the first song in the first album is called Sunrise, and the last line in Kaleidoscope EP was "Now it's sunrise".

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

And btw, I think it's great attention to detail that the first song in the first album is called Sunrise, and the last line in Kaleidoscope EP was "Now it's sunrise".

Yeah love that continuity. Coldplay can be nerdy like that as we know.

I'm excited for the song titles. Curious to hear Guns. Going by the titles, the album seems very political and makes sense that they brought in a cultural advisor to the mix leading up to the release. If Coldplay ends up ruffling some feathers, we'll see. They ruffle feathers just by existing anyway.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1