✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

So we now have a countdown... only issue is that the world premiere of the single is going to be right when one of my university classes starts (12:30 pm local time). So I'm gonna have to wait in agony until class is over to listen.

In the exact same situation....considering going to lecture late rip:D

• Like 5

Which Matt are you talking about? Matt Miller’s (Roadie 42) Instagram account is still public - @millerworld.

I know about R42's account but he barely would post such Jon-related stuff, I was about Matt McGinn's instagram account! It was really once public, he didn't post there for a very long time, didn't actually have any related to Coldplay photos (except one about the letter) but back in last year's December he posted Jon's Les Paul and then a photo of Sunny and himself in the studio.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Maybe the 8 songs with B/W thumbnails are songs that they choose to perform live along with songs on the new album?

I'm all for them playing ALIENS and LiT II. It annoyed me quite a bit when they never played the former in 2017, and the latter has been gone for too long at this point. I wish I could have seen it on the Viva tour.

In the exact same situation....considering going to lecture late rip:D

Hopefully my professor understands. One does not simply deprive me of new Coldplay and get away with it. :joy:

• Like 8

I think it just makes it more believable. Maybe Jonny looks "faked", but it's very clear that Chris' face is shot on the same spot, but a different time.

It's a style choice that she made to make it more subtle that the face expressions are different.

No, that's too much in the nature of Jonny posing like that, so surely not faked, also, think, the light was shifted there a bit

• Like 1

No, that's too much in the nature of Jonny posing like that, so surely not faked, also, think, the ligh was shifted there a bit

The light isn't shifted, it's just that the dust/scratches filter on the top is slightly different than on the bottom.

The poses are exactly the same, only the heads are photoshopped (top is photoshopped, bottom is original). Trust me on this.

(When I mean Photoshopped, I don't mean fake, because the artist probably used Photoshop to create this).

• Like 3

I wonder if this album was built off all of the scrapped material around the Viva/Mylo eras?

For those who don't know, Coldplay was working on a follow up (LP5) to Viva that was originally super acoustic and indie sounding (see original Charlie Brown in AHFOD Film), but they decided they'd rather do something bigger, louder, and more colorful. This is potentially where Car Kids, ALIENS, Arabesque, Drunks and Guns, and other tracks were scrapped. You also have amazing demos like

/
l,

It's possible they knew they were going to keep those demos and put them into a big package eventually since they didn't fit into the more mainstream album cycles. And maybe here we are??? Then again, it could all be new material and those demos above could have been incorporated into releases already (wedding bells and U.F.O or Atlas?).

EDIT: And maybe that'd make sense for the "last 100 years or therabouts" because from Chris' perspective these songs have existed for a super long time but just haven't had a home? Or maybe the album will be time-travelly and each song will be inspired by a different decade of music.

I think you're on to something with that last sentence ... "last 100 years or thereabouts" really could equate to a cutting room floor album.

• Like 3

[MEDIA=twitter]1186910713765228544[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/februberry/status/1186910713765228544

"They said “tell everyone we comin back and to make them listen to our entire discography”"

8 black and white thumbnail on YT, right ? 8 tracks per album on Amazon also...

If this albums are 2 anothers version of coldplay famous old titles, the tour will be probabely small like "ghost storie tour".... And that can confirm the daily mirror article.

Other thing: the marketing campaign is not really big, it is mainly for coldplay fans

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

The light isn't shifted, it's just that the dust/scratches filter on the top is slightly different than on the bottom.

The poses are exactly the same, only the heads are photoshopped (top is photoshopped, bottom is original). Trust me on this.

(When I mean Photoshopped, I don't mean fake, because the artist probably used Photoshop to create this).

Yes, though, the rest of the bodies except the heads is exactly the same, that's true, I understood the point about fake now. That's very much in artist's (either photographer's or Pilar's) vein here

What if the countdown ends with something like a short film set in 1919 where they explain the new projet? I think the band lack too much in this marketing process...

As much as I want new music (like right now, please) I would be down for a 10-minute mini documentary where the band announce the album, explain their though process etc.

• Like 12

I was thinking about the correlation between the following three things.....

1. The chance of the band possibly using tracks from previous records (grayed out videos on YT/Spotify)

2. 1919 (100 years)

3. Experimental album/full of surprises portion of Chris's speech during the last show of the AHFOD tour.

I can see this double album containing both new songs and 're-worked' songs utilizing all eras of music from the past 100 years.... The 'new' songs will

also sound not very modern... basically they will sound "classic", utilizing instruments used back in the day. I think the band using the old typewriter for the letter they sent out is a clue. Maybe ALL songs on both CDs will contain parts from the grayed out songs but I HOPE NOT. I would like to hear some brand new songs.

I rarely post on here but this just randomly came to my mind and I can see the band doing something like this.... now days where "everything is possible" I won't be too mad if I am right but I hope we get 16-18 new songs.. Keep in mind they are coming out with a more conventional/mainstream album next year so we all have to accept the fact that the sky is the limit for LP8...

• Like 7

[MEDIA=twitter]1186910713765228544[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/februberry/status/1186910713765228544

"They said “tell everyone we comin back and to make them listen to our entire discography”"

8 black and white thumbnail on YT, right ? 8 tracks per album on Amazon also...

If this albums are 2 anothers version of coldplay famous old titles, the tour will be probabely small like "ghost storie tour".... And that can confirm the daily mirror article.

Other thing: the marketing campaign is not really big, it is mainly for coldplay fans

ColdpalyXtra deleted his RT of this tweet, again.... (after the deleted tweet about html hidden code)...

• Like 1

They could do what U2 did with Songs of Innocence and Songs of Expirience where on certain songs off of Songs of Expirience would quote a couple lines directly from Songs of Innocence. For example: the song 13 on Expirience had some of the same lyrics as Song for Someone did off the Innocence album. And American Soul did the same with the song Volcano off the Innocence album. This would explain the b/w thumbnails.

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

They could do what U2 did with Songs of Innocence and Songs of Expirience where on certain songs off of Songs of Expirience would quote a couple lines directly from Songs of Innocence. For example: the song 13 on Expirience had some of the same lyrics as Song for Someone did off the Innocence album. And American Soul did the same with the song Volcano off the Innocence album. This would explain the b/w thumbnails.

I think you're on the right track. I am afraid we will definitely hear some old stuff on the record... If it sounds great, then fine :)

• Like 1

Very strange Instagram ad. And the fact that band representatives requested the tweets to be deleted confirms their veracity.

That the songs are from other eras and have been reworked is a plausible theory. But I do think they will be new songs. For example, we have Rik Simpson’s tweet saying he has been working on this album for the past two years. Very unlikely that would have been the case if the album is simply alternative versions of already released songs.

• Like 3