✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't see this album being anything but new songs (except Arabesque). If it was just a mashup of old songs, it wouldn't work. Roadie 42 specifically talked about how Coldplay needs an album to fit together musically, whereas he said if it was 9 soft songs and 1 heavy metal track, it should be the best songs that make it, regardless. I don't think that mindset has changed.

• Like 2

Even the music snippet that came with the poster wasn't their own music but that of a film long ago.

I'm sorry and I'm not trying to single anyone out, but I have to respond to this since I'm seeing this a lot.

The music is NOT the same. Please everyone listen to the two pieces again. Just because it is both a sequence of violin notes doesn't make it the same. I've listened to classical music a lot in the past and the two pieces are just NOT the same.

• Like 4

Reflektor only had 13 songs as double album!

I don't know Reflektor. What's the full running time of this?

Usually a double album would be around 90 minutes.

It would be amazing if Coldplay's new tracks will all be 5 minutes or longer

(I have some doubts, but of course let's wait for more official information).

• Like 1

I'd be down for aspects of the 8 greyed out songs being integrated into new material without necessarily being reworked. Borrowing a lyric or a melody here and there? If it fits in the context of the song, I won't really think of it as not being inventive as long as other aspects of the song do something new. Just don't cram so much old stuff into a new song that it starts to feel like a rework rather than something new.

It's like what someone said a couple pages back about the last U2 album Songs of Experience borrowing bits and pieces from its predecessor Songs of Innocence. Two songs on the former each borrow an entire chorus from previously existing songs. Yet, in my opinion... it works. The difference here is that these would be Coldplay songs across the band's whole career.

This is the only way I’d like the band to use old songs. I want new songs, not reworks...

• Like 1

[uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] sorry if this has been asked, but since you had some info before the amazon post, is the song title you saw on that amazon list? it would help direct us as to whether its real or fake since we're collectively unsure.

• Like 5

I like it... the sound quality is dreadful, but what I can hear is fresh. Is that a mandolin or a freaking banjo I hear?!? :eek:

I can't seem to hear a banjo, but clearly other instruments we haven't heard from Coldplay yet. I hate it that the clip is cutted around the 9th second, but this is "better than nothing".

Something I wonder: Do the people of Coldplay (marketing, social media or maybe the bandmembers themselves) lurk here on the forums?

• Like 5