✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm new, but really surprised by the amount of negativity considering theres no official artwork, album track lists or singles. I know its all about opinions, but in my opinion, why not judge it when the whole thing is here. I'm confident that everything thats produced from creative to songs, will have an immense amount of thought put into it, and have some thread or link throughout.

• Like 6

I've never quite understood this idea that people don't think something is "very Coldplay".

We're talking about a band that has consistently re-invented themselves and continues to strive to release something new.

And in reference to "Daddy"... I can see this one being somewhat of a lullaby. And Ode to his children... Almost like a song from their perspective. Which i'm all for.

• Like 7
  • Angry 2

Anyone noticed this? (saw the link on discord)

[ATTACH=full]9403[/ATTACH]

[MEDIA=amazon]id=B07YTD3CQL;tld=ca[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.amazon.ca/Everyday-Life-Vinyl-Coldplay/dp/B07YTD3CQL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=coldplay+everyday&qid=1571714713&sr=8-1

The official album cover!? Looks weird and great at the same time IMO.

FIrst time the band members are on the front cover.

Well, a new chapter, maybe they'll be on the next album covers as well?

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

I truely believe when all is out in its entirety that every photo , title and view will be exactly what Coldplay wanted it to be .. I don’t doubt for a second it will be anything less :) kinda surprised by some of the comments myself and of course everyone is entitled to make assumptions and have opinions but perhaps it’s just supose to be what it is for significant reason beyond our initial thoughts :) I think the cover is beautiful in its one right . I don’t care if a song is called daddy lol perhaps it’ll be amazing !? I’m excited to see what lyrics came through for this no matter how “ hippie” or “ cheesie” they may or may not be . Chris is an amazing song writer who’s lyrics have an impact on society I’m more then ready .

• Like 7

I've never liked the idea of bands putting their faces on album covers unless it's done in an artistic way, so this doesn't bother me as much. However I think the sun and moon art work would have been cool too.

As for the titles, we go through this every era. Song titles pop up and everyone cringes, but then we hear the songs and everything is fine. I remember being surprised at ETIAW, but now that's one of my favorite songs of all time. So don't be too quick to judge yet. Let the music speak for itself :)

Also this means that the double album is indeed this year and and not split up like we originally thought. So if rumors are true, we will see another album next year.

• Like 10
  • Angry 1

I've never liked the idea of bands putting their faces on album covers unless it's done in an artistic way, so this doesn't bother me as much. However I think the sun and moon art work would have been cool too...

I believe the jazz band picture actually is the slipcase while the sun/moon motif is on the booklet's front cover.

Probably similar packaging way as the last few albums.

• Like 7

I agree with both of you... We are so lucky to be living in this lifetime with Coldplay around... I trust the ideas of the band 100%. I am ready to take in whatever they come up with! It;s a great time to be alive ! :) :)

Two pages ago it was "it better not be reworked old songs." Now that there is a track listing and what appears to be official album art it's "this isn't right either."

All i hear is Chris's wry song on AHFOD movie, "with their f***ing opinions." I think it's fair to hear the music before completely skewering the band? No?

All that being said there are rumors that this is fake. Can anyone verify?

• Like 9

91ndq3ln0yl-png.9403

As an Arabian guy the album title “ الحياة اليومية " sound an amazing/classical in our own language

Im starting to believe that Everyday Life is going to have an arabian vibs or influenced by the middle east culture something just like yes from VLVODAAHF

Also i don’t know if someone post this back in july

EHG8z0dX4AAWDj6?format=jpg&name=medium

Le Trio Joubran (Arabic: الثلاثي جبران‎) is an oud trio playing traditional Palestinian music.

• Like 8