✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I got interested in the song title Cry Cry Cry and googled and found out it's a Johnny Cash song...

That's very interesting indeed.

I googled the other song titles and found out that none of them is original.

But I didn't find a real connection between those other songs and Coldplay.

'Sunrise' is a song by Norah Jones

'Church' is a song by Samm Henshaw

'Daddy' is a song by Beoncé.

'Old Friends' is a song by Simon and Garfunkel.

'WOTW/POTP' is a Potpourri of the 20 songs of 'The war of the worlds' Musical by Jeff Wayne

etc, etc

The only really original song title seems to be that of Disco2, Number 6.

:)

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I don't like the idea of a cover album...

But I'm pretty sure the band wouldn't do it.

I am also (almost) sure they wouldn't do that, but why didn't they come up with more original song titles as they did on the other 7 albums? As Chris once said, titles are normally what he starts with when writing songs, and he showed his smartphone where he had literally hundreds of titles.

• Like 3

That's very interesting indeed.

'Daddy' is a song by Beoncé.

'WOTW/POTP' is a Potpourri of the 20 songs of 'The war of the worlds' Musical by Jeff Wayne

etc, etc

This is interesting. The one reason that makes me think this can't be a cover album is because they said this album is "how they've been feeling." I can't see that translating to covering other people's songs. Also, we know that Arabesque is a song from the MX era. I don't see it.

• Angry 2

I wouldn't like a cover album either, but I just remembered the little clip they released. Which sounded a lot like one of the charlie chaplin songs

They made Light Through the Vein into Life in Technicolor/The Escapist and Computer Love into Talk. They took lyrics from someone to start Up with the Birds with. They like to do these things.

• Like 4

Don't forget that these titles are still unconfirmed!

What is strange about those titles, the list obviously appeared on amazon. I have an amazon account, but when I write 'Coldplay, Everyday Life' into the search bar I don't get any results, if I write 'preorder' I don't get any results either.

I read somewhere that the list appeared on amazon 'too early'. That is very strange. The poster in Sao Paulo also appeared 'too early' and had to be taken down.

What is strange about those titles, the list obviously appeared on amazon. I have an amazon account, but when I write 'Coldplay, Everyday Life' into the search bar I don't get any results, if I write 'preorder' I don't get any results either.

I read somewhere that the list appeared on amazon 'too early'. That is very strange. The poster in Sao Paulo also appeared 'too early' and had to be taken down.

Only Amazon Italy and Canada had it, though. And I think by now both have been taken down.

• Like 1

Guys! Whoever said it was a cover album??

Just because they had one song with the same name as Johnny Cash doesn’t mean all the other songs are covers. Lol. They aren’t!

They can always just do that ONE cover song.

But honestly, I just think the name is a coincidence. They’ve never put a cover song on an EP, so I don’t think they’ll start now

• Like 3

Guys! Whoever said it was a cover album??

Just because they had one song with the same name as Johnny Cash doesn’t mean all the other songs are covers. Lol. They aren’t!

They can always just do that ONE cover song.

But honestly, I just think the name is a coincidence. They’ve never put a cover song on an EP, so I don’t think they’ll start now

Maybe they are. I hope not though.

'Daddy' is a song by Beyoncé.

etc, etc

I'm still not wholly convinced by the tracklist. If it's official, why would one of the spots be left blank--even if it supposedly is a sun/moon emoji? It is interesting they would choose to include Arabesque. Of all the old scrapped MX songs, that one was one I've always wanted to hear.

I'm slightly more convinced by the album art, if only because the guys have slightly different expressions on the top and bottom. That would be hard to fake. It is weirdly similar to the AHFOD artwork though, and it seems strange that the guys would choose to start repeating themes now, eight albums in.

But also, how could either the tracklist or the art be fake if they were uploaded together? You would think they would either both be fake or both be legitimate.

This has been a weird era so far... I don't know what to believe :joy:

Also... Assuming the countdown on the website is for a single release, what other info do you think we get? A confirmed tracklist? I'm curious to see what the single artwork will be!

• Like 7

Also... Assuming the countdown on the website is for a single release, what other info do you think we get? A confirmed tracklist? I'm curious to see what the single artwork will be!

Oh I’m definitely sure we’ll get official track list and album cover out with the single.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1