✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Something I wonder: Do the people of Coldplay (marketing, social media or maybe the bandmembers themselves) lurk here on the forums?

They used to, yes, but I'm not sure whether or not they still do. It's totally possible.

I know they used to read Coldplaying articles quite regularly - let's face it's a convenient tool as it basically summed up the press coverage around Coldplay lmao. They may still do.

As for the forums I know for sure they used to lurk once in a while, they possibly still do, to see fans' reactions or theories. I think they kinda like to see that. I assume it's more Phil or people from their crew, I don't see the others doing that haha

• Like 5

They used to, yes, but I'm not sure whether or not they still do. It's totally possible.

I know they used to read Coldplaying articles quite regularly - let's face it's a convenient tool as it basically summed up the press coverage around Coldplay lmao. They may still do.

As for the forums I know for sure they used to lurk once in a while, they possibly still do, to see fans' reactions or theories. I think they kinda like to see that. I assume it's more Phil or people from their crew, I don't see the others doing that haha

Yeah it is indeed pretty normal to get some first reactions.

If someone out there is reading this: Love you, keep doing what you're doing because you're doing it great! <3

• Like 5
  • Wow 3

Off topic question: what is the relation between Coldplaying and the Discord forum?

I signed up to the discord forum because Coldplaying recommended it, but I am amazed by the level of confrontation in that forum.

Things are very civilized here, especially in comparison to other eras.

I like it much better

• Like 3

Off topic question: what is the relation between Coldplaying and the Discord forum?

I signed up to the discord forum because Coldplaying recommended it, but I am amazed by the level of confrontation in that forum.

Things are very civilized here, especially in comparison to other eras.

I like it much better

Coldplaying used to have a partnership with Discord. However the partnership is no longer active. [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] only can confirm this though.

The more I listen the more I can say that the best way I can describe it is as a more cheerful spiritual sequel to a Viva song due to the more “world” element to it, mixed with Adventure of a Lifetime for bass and percussion. Cheery more world music kinda deal? Maybe sounds like something Vampire Weekend could’ve released on their latest album

• Like 4

The interesting thing about the leaked snippet is that the person decided to showcase two different parts of the song, it's not totally continuous.

Probably because it was recorded with a maximum recording length (that explains the 15sec?) I think the person was playing the song, recording and thought "oh shit just 3 seconds left let's jump to the chorus" haha

• Haha 3

It'd be silly to build any real opinion, positive or negative, off that clip. All we can say is the chorus sounds big and there's something of a groove. Also the drums are organic and there's guitar there too. But as to the quality of the song itself, nothing to say.

• Like 1