✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's my question

We all know 12 videos were updated on YouTube (208 to 220) then why are there 16 songs in leaked tracklist?

something doesn't add up.

I'm thinking 4 of those titles won't be on the list

I don't think all songs should need an official MV? For example: Army Of One and Everglow from the last album did not have an (official) music video.

• Like 1

They could do what U2 did with Songs of Innocence and Songs of Expirience where on certain songs off of Songs of Expirience would quote a couple lines directly from Songs of Innocence. For example: the song 13 on Expirience had some of the same lyrics as Song for Someone did off the Innocence album. And American Soul did the same with the song Volcano off the Innocence album. This would explain the b/w thumbnails.

Thought about the same, too! But if not directly quoting, then, at least, referencing to the same stories/topics of each songs looking at the brighter and darker sides of them?

• Like 2

Hey guys two things! First, someone on Twitter is claiming we’re getting two singles tomorrow, Orphans and Arabesque, see for yourselves. I cannot say hoe reliable this person is but might as well share!

[MEDIA=twitter]1186976004142784512[/MEDIA]

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ultrasubversive/status/1186976004142784512?s=19&utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Also, i just had a random recollection, remember when the band hid the lyrics to all the Ghost Stories songs around the world and made us go hunt for them like Easter eggs? Haha what a time

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

I'm seeing a few people on the Coldplay subreddit being generally condescending/nasty to each other about whether the Amazon thing is real or fake. People seem to be just concerned about proving themselves rather than celebrating the fact we're getting new Coldplay. I'm glad to see people here are keeping it relatively friendly and civilized.

• Like 13
  • Wow 2

I'm seeing a few people on the Coldplay subreddit being generally condescending/nasty to each other about whether the Amazon thing is real or fake. People seem to be just concerned about proving themselves rather than celebrating the fact we're getting new Coldplay. I'm glad to see people here are keeping it relatively friendly and civilized.

I’m on both communities as well and I also much rather be here, people get quite nasty on reddit in general. I am wondering though if we’re going to get old stuff, reworked stuff or all new stuff? I selfishly hope we’re not getting any rehashes of old stuff but any Coldplay at the end of the day is good Coldplay haha

• Like 5

We won't be getting an album of reworked songs from the bands past catalog. We already know that this is a new chapter for Coldplay, they won't be revisiting older tracks on this record...

Like the rest of us I am feeling positive about the direction Coldplay seeming to be going with this - early days yet but I love the wedding band poster, and the track titles seem quite experimental. I really hope we get the true successor to VLV!

As for those track titles/album cover they are definitely 100% legit., Amazon would not post fake material. The titles match up with those seen on the source code on Coldplay.com as well. Perhaps that particular album cover is just for the vinyl though, with the simple sun and moon oriental graphic the regular CD/album art.

I do wish the album cover was a little more creative and new though, its a lovely photo of the band but the mirror image, icons and album title a foreign language is really a rehash of AHFOD. So far the title Everyday Life doesn't stand put to me, but perhaps it will make more sense when in context of the music!

• Like 12

The more I think about the album the more I doubt we will get many brand-new songs. The posters, the typewriting,, everything is old. The band is looking backwards, not forward. So we might get lots of reworked songs, perhaps some cover songs and very few new songs. Even the music snippet that came with the poster wasn't their own music but that of a film long ago. They have probably now installed themselves in their everyday life, not too keen on changing anything. Whatever they rlease, it won't be colourful.

But II hope I am wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A L I E N S, Yellow, Up&Up, Paradise, The Hardest Part, The Scientist, Violet Hill, LiT ii

It's quiet strange that there's no song of Ghost Stories, while every other album and EP is represented. (Could be looking over something though?)

EDIT: And yeah I'm thinking that half of the album is reworked and half is new, but I'm trying to find a link between the "leaked" tracklist and the b/w videos.

• Like 2

I do wish the album cover was a little more creative though, its a lovely photo of the band but the mirror image, icons and album title a foreign language is really a rehash of AHFOD. So far the title Everyday Life doesn't stand put to me, but perhaps it will make more sense when in context of the music!

This is exactly what I was thinking, I love the leaked amazon titles, I’m not too keen on the cover art because it just seems like a rehash of AHFOD! It’s cool nonetheless, I think it has a great style. It’s just that if it’s real, it’s very... derivative.

• Like 3

We won't be getting an album of reworked songs from the bands past catalog. We already know that this is a new chapter for Coldplay, they won't be revisiting older tracks on this record...

Like the rest of us I am feeling positive about the direction Coldplay seeming to be going with this - early days yet but I love the wedding band poster, and the track titles seem quite experimental. I really hope we get the true successor to VLV!

As for those track titles/album cover they are definitely 100% legit., Amazon would not post fake material. The titles match up with those seen on the source code on Coldplay.com as well. Perhaps that particular album cover is just for the vinyl though, with the simple sun and moon oriental graphic the regular CD/album art.

I do wish the album cover was a little more creative and new though, its a lovely photo of the band but the mirror image, icons and album title a foreign language is really a rehash of AHFOD. So far the title Everyday Life doesn't stand put to me, but perhaps it will make more sense when in context of the music!

For me Arabesque was the giveaway. Trouble in Town, Daddy, Orphans and Everyday Life have made it to several media outlets and were all over this thread, the Coldplay discord and the Coldplay Subreddit. Arabesque is (was) too obscure, it has only been featured on a list in an old documentary that most likely only die-hard Coldplay fans have seen. I mean, what are the chances of someone being be both well connected enough to get that stuff on two versions of Amazon (to troll or whatever) _and_ being aware of Arabesque

• Like 4

I'd be down for aspects of the 8 greyed out songs being integrated into new material without necessarily being reworked. Borrowing a lyric or a melody here and there? If it fits in the context of the song, I won't really think of it as not being inventive as long as other aspects of the song do something new. Just don't cram so much old stuff into a new song that it starts to feel like a rework rather than something new.

It's like what someone said a couple pages back about the last U2 album Songs of Experience borrowing bits and pieces from its predecessor Songs of Innocence. Two songs on the former each borrow an entire chorus from previously existing songs. Yet, in my opinion... it works. The difference here is that these would be Coldplay songs across the band's whole career.

• Like 5

Don't know, maybe I'm absolutely biased and wrong but I think Jon wasn't just joking about tweeting once in 1911 4 years ago, actually, his first tweet was in 2011; now I have a strong feeling that they've been rummaging around implementing the idea of XX century past + present connection since around MX era lol Well, maybe it's just now that everything looks suspicious and connected :laughing:

• Like 4

It's quiet strange that there's no song of Ghost Stories, while every other album and EP is represented. (Could be looking over something though?)

EDIT: And yeah I'm thinking that half of the album is reworked and half is new, but I'm trying to find a link between the "leaked" tracklist and the b/w videos.

Midnight On Spotify

• Like 1

This is exactly what I was thinking, I love the leaked amazon titles, I’m not too keen on the cover art because it just seems like a rehash of AHFOD! It’s cool nonetheless, I think it has a great style. It’s just that if it’s real, it’s very... derivative.

Well, it will look like this anyway because that's Pilar Zeta's style with gradients, metal textures, astronomical symbols (clocks for countdown included), some likeness in picking the fonts, so goodness knows, maybe there was a purpose to preserve signature style with all of that because, maybe. her usual abstract artstyle doesn't go with music at all, who knows.

• Like 4

I'm still not wholly convinced by the tracklist. If it's official, why would one of the spots be left blank--even if it supposedly is a sun/moon emoji?...

I think the tracklist we saw, with the blank track etc,, wasn't the final version.

Also it looks a bit too short for a double album.

Eight tracks per CD, unless every track is running at least 5 minutes but I think that's unlikely.

• Like 1

I think the tracklist we saw, with the blank track etc,, wasn't the final version.

Eight tracks per CD, unless every track is running at least 5 minutes but I think that's unlikely.

I'm thinking the same. Kaleidoscope EP's first tracklist was different from the final version.

-All I Can Think About is You

-Something Just Like This

-Miracles 2

-A L I E N S

-Hypnotised

It was like this but later they changed the name of Miracles, SJLT to Tokyo Remix and Hypnotised to EP Mix. And even Coldplay announced this tracklist. So I think the one in Amazon is not the final list. Even it is for now band can change it later like they did for Kaleidoscope.

• Like 7

Reflektor only had 13 songs as double album!

• Like 4

I haven't seen a single post about this in the past week after I came out of my Coldplaying hiatus but what if we get hidden tracks again? In which case there could be more than 8 songs per each side of the album, maybe even 9 or 10.

I seem to recall them saying something about not doing hidden tracks ever again after X Marks the Spot but then again, they could have changed their mind.

I'm thinking the same. Kaleidoscope EP's first tracklist was different from the final version.

-All I Can Think About is You

-Something Just Like This

-Miracles 2

-A L I E N S

-Hypnotised

It was like this but later they changed the name of Miracles, SJLT to Tokyo Remix and Hypnotised to EP Mix. And even Coldplay announced this tracklist. So I think the one in Amazon is not the final list. Even it is for now band can change it later like they did for Kaleidoscope.

It looks like they would have less than a month to change things this time around. But then again as long as there is time and as long as the label hasn't made them settle on something for the purpose of the physical release, they could conceivably still switch the order around as they please and even change track names...

• Like 3