✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Hey everybody!

Exciting evening! Long time lurker and fan here and I just want to say something. I first saw coldplay live during the VLV-tour in 2009 after becoming a fan in 2008 when that same album was the soundtrack of my summer! After that I didn’t miss a single album launch and also this time I read all pages of this thread. From the haircut that gave the AROBTTH vibes and everything.

I read it all with so much fun and I’m beyond excited for tonight! I’m rambling a bit but all I want to say is that I wish everybody a nice rollout of the album and enjoy the times ahead! Can’t believe it’s finally happening after 4 years!! And to think we didn’t expect a album before the end of 2020 just a month ago!

"A simple plot but I know one day, good things are coming our way"

• Like 6
  • Angry 1

I think these are Guys best parts so far. He definitely steals the show on these songs, more on Orphans than on Arabesque, but he's amazing in both, Johhny is more of the star of Arabesque I find

Guys part on Orphans is definitely driving that song more than anything else.

I'd say the Brass section (whoever they are) are the real stars of Arabesque tbh. Arabesque gives me National Anthem vibes at the end.

• Like 3

ok maybe wanna walk back on what I said earlier about lyrics. So apparently the chorus of orphans is "I wanna know, when I can go, back and get drunk with my friends."

But then he seems to be alluding to bombs falling on Syria, crushing the dreams of young people there. Is it just me or is that super weird? Like the conflict syria is super serious. I'm not saying they're making light of that, I really like the sentiment of the track. But for an "orphan" to say "ya know all this killing sucks, I wish I could drunk with my friends," feels like a SERIOUS misread of a situation...

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

So this cold anticipation,

The tumultuous movement of the waves,

They can’t crush a vision

The dream of dreaming...still

(I know nothing I’m writing makes sense, but I just need a place to express my freaking feelings, so just ignore if you want)

• Like 1

ok maybe wanna walk back on what I said earlier about lyrics. So apparently the chorus of orphans is "I wanna know, when I can go, back and get drunk with my friends."

But then he seems to be alluding to bombs falling on Syria, crushing the dreams of young people there. Is it just me or is that super weird? Like the conflict syria is super serious. I'm not saying they're making light of that, I really like the sentiment of the track. But for an "orphan" to say "ya know all this killing sucks, I wish I could drunk with my friends," feels like a SERIOUS misread of a situation...

Oh wow, is this the lyric ? That sucks then. Cause literally a few lines before it's about bombs and children growing up as orphans.

• Like 1

Both songs are nothing like COLDPLAY we know from before!!!!!

Orphans has U2-like production!!

Agreed, the first melodic line Chris sings gave me uber U2 vibes too.. Orphans lyrics are so damn dark. I'm loving these songs, they sound nothing like what I was expecting, and thats what took me back for a bit. Coldplay at its most experimental, but not in a pure modern way, to date!

• Like 2

Arabesque is a song with amazing sax, and is NOTHING LIKE ANY OTHER COLDPLAY SONG!!!

I didn't hear any of the two songs and after reading all the comments I am super excited. I am so glad I was wrong thinking they wouldn't release new stuff. It's so exciting having Guy contribute so much to the song and Jonny (?) singing in French.

• Like 2