✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

No arguments going on here! I just want you to understand that as moderators of the site, we have to ensure that the album does not get leaked on our site. As we have done in past eras, we report all leaks to Coldplay's takedown team and private messages are often turned off during this period.

I know another place that did this, and I think its a good idea as well to turn off thread making and new members for a period too. You might want to think about how restricted and what time period, but helps to keep things tidy.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I know another place that did this, and I think its a good idea as well to turn off thread making and new members for a period too. You might want to think about how restricted and what time period, but helps to keep things tidy.

The site will most likely crash anyway lol, I will take all this into consideration. Thank you as always!

• Like 3

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE COMPARE THE SONGS TO PREVIOUS TRACKS OR ERAS.

(sorry, I just wanna know vaguely what to expect)

Orphans - maybe slightly Miracles, the original version?

And Arabesque doesn't sound like Coldplay lol, but it's good!!

• Like 3

Could not resist to listen to the leaks, sorry @Coldplay. I'll still buy the vinyl!

[spoiler=Reactions in spoiler]OH MY GOD Arabesque. I can also see the similarity with some of NGHFB's work in the beginning. Brass. That verse in French. Totally different from what they have done in the past. I may have been harsh with Coldplay recent work sometimes regarding their (imo) lack of inspiration, I can only be satisfied.

Orphans is quite short but catchy as hell. Even Chris' voice (which I was a bit tired of in the last era) does not bother me at all.

• Like 1

Got the files but on my phone where i can't easily share them. Just three hours, people!!!!

[spoiler=if you want to be spoiled....]

Orphans: A near perfect indie-pop single. Guy's bass is incredible, Jonny contributes nice guitar licks, the chorus vocals are back, production is RICH -- lots of fun details sprinkled through the mix (a flute?). Love lyrics too! My only criticism is that it feels like they didn't have a strong bridge to the chorus, so the song is shorter than it needs to be and the chorus comes on kind of awkwardly (like no drum fill or guitar to fill the space between the bride and chorus? And Jonny's guitar could be louder).

Arabesque: Wow this is truly new for Coldplay and quite incredible. Reminds me a bit of something that could have been on Arcade Fire's Reflektor. Incredible groove, tons of horns, saxophones, weird sax solo that isn't very good but has character, someone sings a verse in french? Jonny? What I love the most about this is how LITTLE Chris is in it.

• Like 2