✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

What's incredible to me is how really good instrumentation can vastly improve the lyrics.

Sometimes reading Chris' lyrics (like on Orphans) might make you roll your eyes. "Bombs go boom boom boom" but in the song it works SO WELL! Compare that "Feeling Drunk and High" when the music has hardly any grit, ambiance, or inebriation to it... (not to hate on HFTW, I just think they chorus lets the rest of the song down).

• Like 4

@jc90 -- I'm not a native french speaker, but it sounds like the same thing Chris sings in English:

Basically "One resembles another, made of the same sea. ... to make a great river."

my thoughts too. Not a native speaker either, only high school quebec french!

• Like 1

my thoughts too. Not a native speaker either, only high school quebec french!

I don't have the songs anymore as I streamed the leaks and the links were deleted, I was also too hyped to pay 100% attention to the lyrics, but the first few lines were something about two rivers being the same or meeting together or something. When the songs are out in a couple hours I'll come back with an accurate translation!

Ok I couldn’t wait so I listened. The songs are on the subreddit it you are interested.

Here’s my unfiltered thoughts...(tried to avoid comments before listening and writing this)

[spoiler=My take on the songs]Orphan: This is a familiar Coldplay sound. It’s more of a “preachy” song that gives me Every Teardrop vibes. It honestly sounds like it could be one of those Olympic theme songs because it has a very worldly and upbeat sound. This is modern Coldplay but not as colorful as the AHFOD sound.

Arabesque: This is definitely different and I will say right off the bat I love it. If I had to compare it to something, it’s a more gritty song (akin to Major Minus but more mellow). It gives be OK Computer vibes also with some glitchy sounds towards the end. If I had to force it into an era, I would say the Viva era because of its unique sound.

Overall Orphan is a safe modern Coldplay song and Arabesque is more experimental rock. It’s a good day!

• Like 1

Ok I couldn’t wait so I listened. The songs are on the subreddit it you are interested.

Here’s my unfiltered thoughts...(tried to avoid comments before listening and writing this)

[spoiler=My take on the songs]Orphan: This is a familiar Coldplay sound. It’s more of a “preachy” song that gives me Every Teardrop vibes. It honestly sounds like it could be one of those Olympic theme songs because it has a very worldly and upbeat sound. This is modern Coldplay but not as colorful as the AHFOD sound.

Arabesque: This is definitely different and I will say right off the bat I love it. If I had to compare it to something, it’s a more gritty song (akin to Major Minus but more mellow). It gives be OK Computer vibes also with some glitchy sounds towards the end. If I had to force it into an era, I would say the Viva era because of its unique sound.

Overall Orphan is a safe modern Coldplay song and Arabesque is more experimental rock. It’s a good day!

And even then, I find Orphans is a New Coldplay song for sure but definitely less modern or poppy than what was on AHOD

Can't find the songs anywhere. I guess that's good, I can wait for the official release!

Yeah, tried finding them again to see if I could translate the french verse for you guys and they seem to be gone for good. Well, only two and a half hours to go, so we're good!

• Like 2

Well, just heard the stuff.

GODDAMN ARABESQUE. Id does bebop indeed. Joony's got the other guys jazz.

Strong "I am the walrus" vibes from lyrics. "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together" lol. Wouldn't mind a beatles cover during the shows.

"Orphans" is AHFOD done right. I've been waiting for it for 4 years now. hahahaha

• Like 6

Can someone confirm it doesn’t sound like Los Unidades as someone was insinuating?

Arabesque sounds heavy, jazzy, progressive, orchestral. Gives me some vibes of Reflektor-era Arcade Fire. I think it's amazing !

Orphans was the one I thought was like LU from the snippet, but it is more like MX/AHFOD with better production than either of these albums.

I'm positively impressed overall !

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

People say Arabesque is Guys song, but he does way more on Orphans and I loooove it! Arabesque sounds exactly like what the poster looks like. Coldplay plus blues/jazz musicians.

The ending of Arabesque is very Radiohead, my fav part of the song tbh.

• Like 5

Regarding the French verse on Arabesque:

[spoiler=Spoiler alert]"Comme deux gouttes d’eau

On se ressemble

Comme provenant de la même mer

Comme deux ruisseaux

Qui se rassemblent

Pour faire les grandes rivières"

"Like two drops of water

We look alike

As coming from the same sea

Like two streams

Who gather

To make big rivers"

And yeah, is Jonny singing this verse? :eek:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Very excited reading all the comments about the songs. I'm going to wait for the official release. Just over two hours to go and I have a 30 minute window between meetings just when the songs drop! Good day!

• Like 4