✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

The lyrics probably mean that they want to be carefree and live as normal teenagers? I would have preferred if it was worded in a different way too though. Waiting for the official lyrics release to be sure

that’s what i got from it as well. and the vibe of the song represents how they want to feel, and it’s all a “i want to be happy and distracted from the tragedies of war, so i’m gonna party like there’s no tomorrow” kind of song. plus, knowing chris’s public persona, and what the band has stood for since their inception (free trade, love not war, etc.) i doubt the lyrics are flippant in any way.

• Like 3

Regarding the French verse on Arabesque:

[spoiler=Spoiler alert]"Comme deux gouttes d’eau

On se ressemble

Comme provenant de la même mer

Comme deux ruisseaux

Qui se rassemblent

Pour faire les grandes rivières"

"Like two drops of water

We look alike

As coming from the same sea

Like two streams

Who gather

To make big rivers"

And yeah, is Jonny singing this verse? :eek:

I remember seeing an Instagram post with Jonny alone in France last summer, that may explain it!

• Like 2

The horns and sax on Arabesque remind me so much of Portico Quartet, the way they're so wild. I definitely see the National Anthem vibes from Radiohead too, as someone said. Overall, the song gives me a very cultural vibe.

Orphans is a good pop tune with a guitar base to it. The lyrics about getting drunk with friends don't bother me like HFTW because they're not delivered in as annoying of a way and it's not a song about partying. It's just about community and finding an escape from dark times.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

soooooo

from what i've just heard, one of my all time favourite bands are coming home

if not just that, finding new homes too

1) arabesque. GODDAMN. Stone Roses vibes? you were right about that. horns/sax/brass overload? you were right about that, too. this thing is wild, it's like nothing I've heard from Coldplay since 2014...

2) orphans. yeah, this is destined to be a radio smash. but it's totally not overproduced or stamped with Beyonce's name...it's just the boys doing one of the many things they do best, creating a catchy-ass pop rock song. i mean, maybe Chris could do away with the 'oohs' and the 'woos' (please? pretty please? lol)...but that's like asking a 7 year old to give up Fortnite. loads of U2 influence here, too.

i'm genuinely hoping each track on this album sounds nothing like any of the others...cause that's the sort of idea i'm getting from this

love both.

welcome home.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1

So I’m just gonna wait for the official release.

But when it was said that it’s an experimental album, from what you guys heard so far, is it really experimental or Coldplay’s version of experimental?

i mean it’s different and great and all for them but we’re still dealing with coldplay here, not aphex twin. i will say though i agree with annie mac; this sort of pop isn’t similar to anything out at the moment, it’s really unique in that sense while also being unique for coldplay, which is great.

• Like 2