🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coldplay Twitter posting article about Everyday Life being a potential contender for the Grammy's album of the year, which would be nominated well over a year the album came out... not sure if it's el

The other day I received a physical copy of the Japanese edition of Everyday Life. I was surprised to discover that it was different from the regular version, which I had purchased before, in another

I think most of people here need the original lyrics AND the Japanese translation of them which only come with physical versions.  

Posted Images

My take on this again: I am Freaking shocked by the quality of the music. This is by far the most experimental they've ever gone, a lot of things don't make sense on first listen, but Arabesque is definitely most un-Coldplay ever. Sax and brass are amazing on that, completely dominating the song. The song itself is just on steroids if you ask me. No silly production at all. However is someone else singing the lines in French or am I crazy? It doesn't sound like Chris!

• Like 3

Oh wow, is this the lyric ? That sucks then. Cause literally a few lines before it's about bombs and children growing up as orphans.

The lyrics probably mean that they want to be carefree and live as normal teenagers? I would have preferred if it was worded in a different way too though. Waiting for the official lyrics release to be sure

• Like 1

Oh wow, is this the lyric ? That sucks then. Cause literally a few lines before it's about bombs and children growing up as orphans.

At least as I can hear it and as Genius says. We'll see when official lyrics drop. I still love the song but it makes me wonder if this is gonna get blowback? Like he could have just as easily said "back and be with all of my friends." which is heartbreaking. But to say "Back and get drunk with my friends"......... like what?

Edit: And agree with Hedwig. Chris uses "drunk" as a metaphor for feeling carefree and happy with people you love in HFTW. Just not sure if it works in a song that talks about literal bombings.

• Like 4

I'm holding out for a couple more hours because not only do I have class right when the songs drop, but I also don't want to listen to leaks. These early reactions are promising, though. Sounds like I may enjoy these songs more than a lot of Coldplay's output from the past few eras.

After seeing the preview of Chris' interview and peeking at the lyrics, I'm thinking that this album will revolve around a theme of humanity all being in this together, through all the good and bad going on in this world throughout our everyday lives. It'll be something humanistic like AHFOD, for sure, but it'll dig deeper. Believing in love is great, but what is love? Why should we love? How can we love? Who is especially in need of love?

“It seems to me that one of things that might help people have a better time is to put themselves in other people’s shoes, whether that’s these kids who have to leave Syria, or who grew up in Baltimore, or whatever it might be. Rather than judging from afar, maybe to think ‘I wonder what it’s like to be there.’”

https://www.nme.com/news/music/coldplays-chris-martin-explains-inspiration-behind-new-tracks-orphans-arabesque-new-album-everyday-life-2560487/amp

• Like 4

The lyrics probably mean that they want to be carefree and live as normal teenagers? I would have preferred if it was worded in a different way too though. Waiting for the official lyrics release to be sure

that’s what i got from it as well. and the vibe of the song represents how they want to feel, and it’s all a “i want to be happy and distracted from the tragedies of war, so i’m gonna party like there’s no tomorrow” kind of song. plus, knowing chris’s public persona, and what the band has stood for since their inception (free trade, love not war, etc.) i doubt the lyrics are flippant in any way.

• Like 3

Regarding the French verse on Arabesque:

[spoiler=Spoiler alert]"Comme deux gouttes d’eau

On se ressemble

Comme provenant de la même mer

Comme deux ruisseaux

Qui se rassemblent

Pour faire les grandes rivières"

"Like two drops of water

We look alike

As coming from the same sea

Like two streams

Who gather

To make big rivers"

And yeah, is Jonny singing this verse? :eek:

I remember seeing an Instagram post with Jonny alone in France last summer, that may explain it!

• Like 2

The horns and sax on Arabesque remind me so much of Portico Quartet, the way they're so wild. I definitely see the National Anthem vibes from Radiohead too, as someone said. Overall, the song gives me a very cultural vibe.

Orphans is a good pop tune with a guitar base to it. The lyrics about getting drunk with friends don't bother me like HFTW because they're not delivered in as annoying of a way and it's not a song about partying. It's just about community and finding an escape from dark times.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

soooooo

from what i've just heard, one of my all time favourite bands are coming home

if not just that, finding new homes too

1) arabesque. GODDAMN. Stone Roses vibes? you were right about that. horns/sax/brass overload? you were right about that, too. this thing is wild, it's like nothing I've heard from Coldplay since 2014...

2) orphans. yeah, this is destined to be a radio smash. but it's totally not overproduced or stamped with Beyonce's name...it's just the boys doing one of the many things they do best, creating a catchy-ass pop rock song. i mean, maybe Chris could do away with the 'oohs' and the 'woos' (please? pretty please? lol)...but that's like asking a 7 year old to give up Fortnite. loads of U2 influence here, too.

i'm genuinely hoping each track on this album sounds nothing like any of the others...cause that's the sort of idea i'm getting from this

love both.

welcome home.

• Like 5
  • Angry 1