✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Haven't listened to the studio version of Everyday Life yet, but it sounded great live. It ended so abruptly though... I was expecting something more like the ending of What If after that last chorus.

It's a sweet song, and it does sound very Oldplay if you ask me.

live version is much much better. it feels more alive and dynamic.

• Like 2

I don't understand why they would release everyday life as a single either. Feel like even Arabesque would fair better. And usually the second single is the big single from every album. If this is the big defining single for this era, maybe the rest of the songs are not that radio friendly.

• Like 2

Who cares about how it performs as single? Cause you know who doesn't? Coldplay. They chose to release this song now because it obviously is special to them. Think people are missing the essence of the song for what it is. As for the song not having a big ending, they have done that plenty of times. Have you forgotten that they don't like repeating themselves? Sticking to the same formula with song structures gets boring after a while.

Everyday Life is beautiful. I love it!

• Like 8

Not my favourite song on the album but I think it's beautiful! I was feeling sad and I had fallen asleep and suddenly woke up 10 minutes after it was uploaded on youtube. The first thing I did when I woke up was to listen to Everyday Life and let me tell you listening to it was a sweet and exciting way to wake up :blush: I just love that they made songs that they really like and I appreciate their work in this album :heart:

• Like 3

I've been listening to the studio version of Everyday Life on repeat and honestly... wow. It's really beautiful. In terms of sheer beauty, it ranks up there with Gravity, Fix You, Fly On, Death And All His Friends, and the like.

I adore the production. Jonny's E-bow especially steals the show here, it compliments those strings perfectly. The lyrics are beautiful, with what seems to be an REM reference (Everybody Hurts) in there. I still think the song ends too abruptly, but it all makes more sense to me in this studio version compared to the SNL performance. In time, this might end up being one of my favorite Coldplay album closers.

This era is turning out to be really special. Wow.

• Like 6

Everyday Life is so beautiful. I feel this is the kind of song we wanted Everglow to be. It's even better live and it reminds me a bit of Elbow. This is truly the Coldplay I want to hear! Thanks boys for another beautiful gem.

• Like 3

Arabesque spoilt us.

Exactly!!

I loved Arabesque when I first heard it and I loved Orphans on second hearing. It's really catchy. I thought the songs which would be released would be getting better and better. But even after listening to Everyday Life several times I don't like it as much as the other two. It ends so abruptly and leaves me with a question mark.

Well, we must simply accept the fact that this is the music which is close to the boys' hearts. As Chris said they no longer pay attention to what people think of their music.

I'm still looking forward to the other songs on the album though.

• Like 2