✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

So I'm sitting here in the student center of my university listening to Orphans. The song ends, I take off my headphones, and walk into the food court to get some lunch. Immediately I hear the opening notes of Arabesque coming from the kitchen. I finish grabbing my food and sit down at a table nearby as Arabesque finishes. And then Everyday Life plays!

I love coincidences like this. :D I'm glad to hear these songs out in public, too -- they deserve the exposure.

• Like 7

So I'm sitting here in the student center of my university listening to Orphans. The song ends, I take off my headphones, and walk into the food court to get some lunch. Immediately I hear the opening notes of Arabesque coming from the kitchen. I finish grabbing my food and sit down at a table nearby as Arabesque finishes. And then Everyday Life plays!

I love coincidences like this. :D I'm glad to hear these songs out in public, too -- they deserve the exposure.

i hear orphans all the time on the radio which is cool

• Like 2

Just an idea,

Anyone else thinks that the little rant on Liam during their "press conference" in fact has something to do with him on the record ?

Im not talking about vocals or sth like that. If someone here knows his recent record there is a song called "Halo" - a nice little groovy and progressive bastard :D and somewhat chaotic.

Its just me but immediately as i saw the tracklist for Everyday Life, Trouble in Town was the song i thought it could be something really similar. And since they obviously teased Cry Cry Cry and BrokEn as well, why not Trouble in Town with this funny hommage to Liam.

Anyway,for all of you that dont know the tune:

View: https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=411904882826810&_rdr

• Like 3

Also, before I forget, I want to confirm:

The live concerts in Jordan, they'll be happening at 11 PM EST on 21 November and then 9 AM EST on 22 November I believe?

That would make it 5 AM BST November 22 and 7 PM BST November 22.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong I just want to make sure I'm able to tune in at the right time haha

check the dedicated thread, I posted a countdown, Im pretty sure you have 11pm right, but not sure about 9am

Btw Guns and TiT aren’t going to be the next singles, they just appear without the bar and ‘album only’ because they’re explicit, that’s just what iTunes does

Oh thank you for your explaining.

Sorry for the wrong guessing.

☀️

• Like 1

Oh come on guys. Trouble in town is not that long you can't spell it out. The discussion on the acronym is slowly getting as irritating as the discussion about Daddy. Idk about you but when I see Daddy I think of a child calling his father and when I see Trouble in Town I think of trouble in town. Unnecessary drama :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh come on guys. Trouble in town is not that long you can't spell it out. The discussion on the acronym is slowly getting as irritating as the discussion about Daddy. Idk about you but when I see Daddy I think of a child calling his father and when I see Trouble in Town I think of trouble in town. Unnecessary drama :rolleyes:

If a video is shot for Trouble in Town I always felt it be similar to Knights of Cydonia pending how it sounds of course but I expect an upbeat one.

• Like 3

A Liam collaboration would be most interesting, though I feel that his voice has really gone south over the years whereas Noel's voice has only gotten better. Nonetheless, I feel like there hasn't really been a prominent male singer collaborator on any Coldplay song off the top of my head except for Arabesque with Stromae, though there was Jay-Z for Lost!+. Looking at the list of collaborators for this album that may change!

Speaking of Oasis and the Gallaghers, I've always wondered if/whether this rumour from the MX era ever came to be about Noel Gallagher giving Chris a guitar pedal that would then end up in a song:

"Noel stamps on a pedal and starts off a loop of glorious noise. Immediately Chris is on his feet and shouting, 'What the hell is that?'

"Chris has his iPhone out to record it, excitedly proclaiming it the most amazing thing he's ever heard. Noel is laughing as the pedal loops away through the stack."

He continued: "Fast forward to the dressing room on the show day and Chris is handing me the pedal responsible for all the fuss.

"It turns out that Noel has come in today and motioned Chris over to his dressing room next door with the words, 'I've got a little present for yer…'

"Chris is holding it with great reverence and excitement. 'Can you record what's in here immediately? And then give it Rik [simpson] (sound engineer)? We're going to take it back to the studio and run it through Jonny's (Buckland, guitarist) rig and mic it up'."

The roadie added: "Where it'll end up, I've no idea, but if it finds its way into a song, Noel could easily be playing on the next record without ever having set foot in the studio.""

https://www.digitalspy.com/music/a367647/noel-gallagher-could-feature-on-next-coldplay-album/

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Just an idea,

Anyone else thinks that the little rant on Liam during their "press conference" in fact has something to do with him on the record ?

Im not talking about vocals or sth like that. If someone here knows his recent record there is a song called "Halo" - a nice little groovy and progressive bastard :D and somewhat chaotic.

Its just me but immediately as i saw the tracklist for Everyday Life, Trouble in Town was the song i thought it could be something really similar. And since they obviously teased Cry Cry Cry and BrokEn as well, why not Trouble in Town with this funny hommage to Liam.

Anyway,for all of you that dont know the tune:

View: https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=411904882826810&_rdr

I would love for Liam Gallagher to be on a Coldplay LP. If that happens it really would be every wish answered lol

Noel would probably make some snarky comment about the collab at a show or Liam would tweet something like "Look who's on my side now ya f****n potato Coldplay were a pleasure why me why not LGx" :joy:

Seriously though, I've been hoping Coldplay would work with Liam on an album ever since that version of Live Forever at One Love Manchester.

That little bit from the mock press conference where Chris and some backup singers tease a song (probably BrokEn?), of course, reminds me of Liam's song When I'm In Need:

"When I'm broken and I'm in need

Feel that ocean (feel that ocean)

Swallowing me (swallowing me)"

• Like 5