✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

There's something in Everyday Life (song) that really caught me. Perhaps its sheer rawness and the emotions/message it conveyed. As for someone who had a rough year, I can tell you the song is a nice pat in the back, a warm hug from friend. Although it's too early to place the new album, I'll probably go with this ranking for now.

1. A Rush of Blood to the Head

2. Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends

3. Mylo Xyloto

4. X&Y

5. Everyday Life

6. Parachutes

7. Ghost Stories

8. A Head Full of Dreams

• Like 2

I bet this is from when I need a friend and if so I’m already tearing up ... photo came from coldplayxtra on Twitter .. this album is going to be amazing , and honestly I’ve never looked forward to a live performance as much as the one from Jordan I think it’s gonna be every emotion there is .. 332BF804-F4C4-41A0-B2E2-958E3D82D379.thumb.png.17733ca7c8b211dd19d7f9a4754b7494.png

• Like 6

Wow! Everyday Life is a truly special song, it gives me crazy VLV/AROBTTH vibes, The strings, the guitar, the piano, amazing song! It’s what we’ve been asking for for a couple of eras now, I am truly in love with it!

On the other hand, the live performance of Orphans was INSANE! It sounds even more old-school live than it does in the album, it’s an incredible song as well, this is truly a very special era and I really can’t wait to see what the rest of the album sounds like but it seems to be the album we’ve all been asking for

i agree!! i was telling my sister who was (disgrutlingly :joy:) watching with me that both performances seemed to tap back into some of their older styles, especially everyday life. glad to see others agree! still havent listened to the studio version yet but very excited too, the snl performances set my expectations high.

Not sure if I stole this idea or not, but interesting though nonetheless:

Having heard 3 of the songs, at its current trajectory, where would you rank Everyday Life as an album amongst the LPs Coldplay has put out so far?

I know, wayyy too soon, plus the full album is coming in a few weeks, but thought id ask!

dang thats hard! idk yet, definitely higher then ahfod but other than that im not sure. i really like both of coldplay’s poppier albums so idk how it’ll rank in comparison to those. not hitting older viva or robtth or parachutes era stuff but we’ll see.

heres sorta what it looks like now

1. parachutes

2. viva

3. robtth

4. mylo

5. ghost stories

6. everyday life

7. x and y

8. ahfod

• Like 1

Why are we including Everyday Life in a ranking system before hearing the album?

3 of 16 songs have been released....

Because I asked and mentioned I understand how early it is. If you think its silly, thats because it is. I mean, we're allowed to be silly sometimes, right?

• Haha 1

Everyday Life is so beautiful. I feel this is the kind of song we wanted Everglow to be. It's even better live and it reminds me a bit of Elbow. This is truly the Coldplay I want to hear! Thanks boys for another beautiful gem.

Agreed! Love the new song. Arabesque also reminded me a bit of Elbow in a way.

• Like 1

Wanted to try and keep from listening to any more songs released before the album but caved and listened to Everday Life.

So 3 songs out, presumably another one before the album release. If there's at least 4 interludes/voice memos/intros on there that could leave 8 songs plus the bonus track left to listen to upon release. I guess that's not too bad considering there were like 2 songs left that we hadn't heard by the time Ghost Stories was released

Everyday life has hints of Amsterdam. But with strings, If this continues EL might be their best yet for me. It matches the quality we got with the first few VLVADAAHF singles but slightly more personal as they share their views on this life.

I can’t imagine the rest of the album disappointing so for me could easily get to the top and beat VLV but we’ll see. If not probably 2nd to VLV... these songs are each so unique and yet share this production quality I’m really digging... I’m beyond excited to hear this album entirely over and over

• Like 1

Not sure if I stole this idea or not, but interesting though nonetheless:

Having heard 3 of the songs, at its current trajectory, where would you rank Everyday Life as an album amongst the LPs Coldplay has put out so far?

I know, wayyy too soon, plus the full album is coming in a few weeks, but thought id ask!

I think my ranking is:

1. AROBTTH

2. GS

3. P

4 / 5. X&Y or VLVODAAHF dependent on mood

6. MX

7. AHFOD

If EL keeps on this trajectory, it'll probably be 3.

I always check the Wikipedia page for Coldplay's new albums because somehow they end up with info I never find. And:

-Sunrise is credited to Coldplay and Davide Rossi

-Church is credited to Coldplay and Jacob Collier, who has been mentioned previously. Also...Stargate. Not thrilled to hear that!

-Cry Cry Cry is credited to Coldplay, Jacob Collier and two others: Bertrend Berns who was a songwriter from the 60's and produced Brown Eyed Girl for Van Morrison (you've probably heard it) and Jerry Ragovoy who wrote for The Rolling Stones, amongst others.

-The Arabic titled track is credited to Coldplay and Alice Coltrane who is a famous jazz musician

-Champion of the World is credited to Coldplay and a few others, notably Scott Hutchinson who founded indie band Frightened Rabbit and recently died at only 36.

Overall, I'm definitely getting good vibes from this. Let's just hope Stargate's influence here is minimal.

• Like 5
  • Wow 4

-Champion of the World is credited to Coldplay and a few others, notably Scott Hutchinson who founded indie band Frightened Rabbit and recently died at only 36.

Oh this is interesting! I love FR and was devastated to hear about his death. Looking forward to this song a lot more now if it’s true.

1. AROBTTH

2. VLV

3. MX

4. X&Y

5. Parachutes

6. GS

7. AHFOD

At the very least, I expect EL will be above GS and AHFOD. I have a hard time seeing it having a chance to go above 3 for me. VLV and AROBTTH are too special.

I think EL will fall somewhere between the 3rd and 6th spot, for me.

But let's hear the other 13-14 songs first :joy:

I wouldn't rank Everybody Life with the albums yet when we only have 3 songs. But if we pretend those 3 songs are an EP...

1. Prospekt's March

2. The Blue Room/Safety

3. Everyday Life

4. Kaleidoscope

5. ETIAW

6. Brothers & Sisters

I always check the Wikipedia page for Coldplay's new albums because somehow they end up with info I never find. And:

-Sunrise is credited to Coldplay and Davide Rossi

-Church is credited to Coldplay and Jacob Collier, who has been mentioned previously. Also...Stargate. Not thrilled to hear that!

-Cry Cry Cry is credited to Coldplay, Jacob Collier and two others: Bertrend Berns who was a songwriter from the 60's and produced Brown Eyed Girl for Van Morrison (you've probably heard it) and Jerry Ragovoy who wrote for The Rolling Stones, amongst others.

-The Arabic titled track is credited to Coldplay and Alice Coltrane who is a famous jazz musician

Overall, I'm definitely getting good vibes from this. Let's just hope Stargate's influence here is minimal.

Stargate? Again?!?

giphy.gif.1391f9f97fce4d6dc768b516a9bba01b.gif

I like what I see from the rest of that list though...it suggests a very old school vibe with some indie rock thrown in.