✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Did anyone notice Chris’s tattoo at the base of his right thumb in the new SiriusXM interview? It looks like some sort of writing but I couldn’t make it out!

on another note, he mentioned that the album will have snippets, short voice memos! So my theory that “daddy“ is actually a voice memo of his kids is coming closer to reality

• Like 1

Did anyone notice Chris’s tattoo at the base of his right thumb in the new SiriusXM interview? It looks like some sort of writing but I couldn’t make it out!

on another note, he mentioned that the album will have snippets, short voice memos! So my theory that “daddy“ is actually a voice memo of his kids is coming closer to reality

Yep, i'm thinking it'll be a voice memo with a little ambient swelling in the background.

• Like 3

When is the Serious FM interview out? I'm so bummed to hear that a lot of the tracks are short voice memos though :(

So there's really only like 10 more songs we haven't heard?

Not a LOT of them but out of 16 songs I’m assuming 4 or 5 would be voice memos or interludes? Leaving us with 11-12 full songs?

Also I don’t have the link to the interview but it’s on the subreddit! I’m on mobile so it’s hard to put it here!

So which ones are gonna be voice memos? Daddy and what else?

Daddy is not confirmed as a voice memo, nor is any song yet for that matter, I’m just speculating!

• Like 1

When is the Serious FM interview out? I'm so bummed to hear that a lot of the tracks are short voice memos though :(

my bad, it wasn’t a SiriusXM interview, just a regular radio station interview! But here’s the

• Like 2

Time for another mandatory massive post.....

None of the them in the same level as fix you..etc EL is the closest one if it’s not on the same level

Eh, to each their own, I think many songs since Viva have reached and exceeded that level of ingenuity. EL IMO is great and my fav so far from the era but I wouldn't consider it a Fix You.

then hopefully a lot of this album will be experimental as fuck.

Now now, not to get too hyped. Remember Stargate's on at least one of the tracks. That being said all the other collabs are pointing to this being a really good album, then again there's nothing wrong with setting the bar low so you either aren't surprised it was bad or become pleasantly surprised.

i can't be the only one hoping for a crunchy, punchy punk track on 'Trouble In Town'.

YES! I'd really like to hear Coldplay experiment with different genres. It's highly unlikely considering they're seeming to be heading in a more old style jazzy fashion but a fusion of genres would be really cool to see.

Gonna try to hold out until the album release to listen to Everyday life, as I don't want to spoil the last track of the album! We shall see how long I last . . .

I was thinking of doing it but I caved when SNL came on, I didn't just wanna turn it off after Orphans cause somebody was watching it with me and I didn't feel like disappointing them. Heck I wanted to try holding out entirely on this era and waiting till the album release proper to hear all the songs, but another of my favorite bands just released an album and I haven't heard a single song off it yet, so I guess I can already say I did that. Not the same experience as holding off throughout the hype though, I surely haven't had that experience yet! In hindsight I should have just held our, seeing as album closers are usually top notch, specially with Coldplay, and designed to be listened at the end of something ya know? Wouldn't be fair to just listen to it on their own for the first time, so I get where you're coming from, and I wish I woulda held out

And someone on Reddit compared it to AROBTTH (the song)

I mean they're both slow and melancholic but EL is hopeful while AROBTTH definitely isn't, so other than the slow pace and general emotive vibe of the songs there's little in common with them. As another user on here said it's more similar to Amsterdam IMO (even with the emotive differences).

the studio version partly has auto-tuned vocals...

WTF?!!? It's so subtle I couldn't hear it! I'll try to remind myself to listen to it after even though I'll probably forget lol.

I know it's 2019 and Coldplay is a pop band that has long used auto tune even in small amounts but come on. They can do better than that if they're collabing with real talented musicians, then again CM's voice isn't the best nowadays so it's not really surprising, but still if they're looking for authenticity why wouldn't they just record the take till he did it right instead of fixing it with studio magic?

Then again Stargate's producing at least a single track (it seems like for now at least he's not producing the full album, I really hope that's not an unrevealed unwelcome secret of this whole process anyways. I'd highly doubt it considering all the other real musicians they've brought in, then again anything's possible since JC is on the same track, maybe Stargate's looking to get a little jazzy and become real artists themselves......? either way I would not want them producing the full album, hopefully that's not a hidden news that would disappoint us.)

Having heard 3 of the songs, at its current trajectory, where would you rank Everyday Life as an album amongst the LPs Coldplay has put out so far?

Oh geez, as others have mentioned it's way too early to call, and I can see people overestimating and being disappointed like the past few albums. That being said I definitely wouldn't say it's better than M or AROBTTH. Never know though.

Jonny's ambient guitar is again inaudible throughout most of the track

That's something the live version has on the album, I was really excited to hear Jonny's guitar shining live, and I can't believe I didn't realize it's usually less audible on the studio version than live, so I was half disappointed with that part specifically upon listening to the studio.

I'm worried I've been fooled into the first two singles being my fave tracks and then not liking a lot of the rest of the album ....

IDK man, with most of the lineup the rest of the tracks have I think this is gonna be fantastic (again, nothing wrong with being pessimistic to either be proven right or pleasantly surprised). But for the most part I think there's no reason to worry. Have you heard the shorter teases/snippets of some of the other songs yet?

I have no doubt now after seeing the credits, that the original "November 22, 1919" video on YouTube is the track 'Sunrise'.

It'll be an instrumental album opener with Davide Rossi arranging the strings we heard from the video.

That would really make sense considering it's released on Nov 22 and they say it's been "100 years in the making" (since 1919). Any link to the video?

Apparently Trouble in Town and Guns are the next singles

I was gonna say that some people on hear must have had a crystal ball because some were speculating that was gonna happen, but then this guy clarified:

Btw Guns and TiT aren’t going to be the next singles, they just appear without the bar and ‘album only’ because they’re explicit, that’s just what iTunes does

Highly likely you're right, but you still never know, they might be the next singles!

According to Tidal, Genius and Wikipedia, Max Martin co-wrote and produced Orphans...fingers crossed Stargate's involvement will be as minimal as Max Martin's appears to be.

Bleh. Probably made it more poppy than necessary, although Orphans is still a good track, and Max Martin can produce some decent music. Just kind of sad to hear Coldplay's still been working with mainstream producers, when this was supposed to be more of an experimental record, which I'm still confident it will be..... again let's just hope it's not information we don't know about ye that more mainstream producers will be doing the rest of the songs either. But with songs like Arabesque and even the title track, I retain confidence that even with minimal pop influence it will be rather authentic (and tbh seeing what most of Max Martin's sound is like now I'm surprised Orphans didn't turn out too too poppy, it sounds like a legit indie pop/rock track. Then again maybe we now know where the "get drunk with my friends" lyrics came from. :triumph:

is there some kind of unifying spoiler policy on discussion of EL the track?

I wish there was, because it would have been great to just hear it unspoiled in the context of the album, but noooo. People would probably break it too much though and moderation I'd imagine is fairly difficult for stuff like that, then people would accuse them of being picky etc..... so I just think it wouldn't be a good idea all around, and I think discussing the overall vibe of the song doesn't do too much harm as an outside person who hasn't listened to it yet, as language only conveys a vague idea of what something subjectively sounds like, and the outside listener might have a completely different opinion (although, looking at other's opinions beforehand can skew first impressions so I personally try to avoid influential opinion as much as possible).

though I feel that (Liam Gallagher's) voice has really gone south over the years

That's something I noticed with that video, his voice definitely didn't sound up to par, and I think he has kind of a quirky voice as it is, a tone that many people don't like. It half annoys me too cause it kinda sounds nasaly but it's not too too bad.

Nonetheless, I feel like there hasn't really been a prominent male singer collaborator on any Coldplay

Not true Coldplay, but don't forget Pharrell Williams on E Lo.

20.000 posts

Darn I noticed your count very close to this the other day and was planning to congratulate you! WOO!

Still hoping that Everyday Life gets music video this week.

Not the biggest of singles, fairly unlikely.

I'm so bummed to hear that a lot of the tracks are short voice memos though :(

Remember, this isn't the first time we've been unpleasantly surprised by what seemed to be a large track count. I know they did sort of the opposite thing on VLV but, hey. Still, 16 tracks and a double album feels like it kind of deserves more, like 2 actual discs because under an hour of music can easily fit onto a single disc. so it wouldn't be a true "double album", just more in the sense of theme.

That's probably a good guess but I am hoping for a little more TBH. That would mean taking a hit at the other song's lengths though, and I'm hoping for at least 1 or 2 longer songs like Arabesque, but we just don't know. Kind of sad to see that this album isn't as long as it first seemed, but it's still a lot of material compared to most albums released recently. IMO I value every recording, long and complex or short and underdeveloped, so it'll still be interesting hearing CP take a slightly different approach to their recordings this time around.

-----------------------------

Something to note, even though I know this isn't fhe first time he's mentioned it this era:

3:00 of the interview a few posts above:

"it's not about money, it's not about awards, it's not about fame, it's not about critical success, it's not about rankings...." I am so very glad to hear this coming from them. Really comfirms that they've got something great cooked up for us in store, even if they've got a few pop influences in there. I'm sure whatever they give us it will be great, judging by what we've heard so far and the authentic nature of most of the collaborations of this era.

Something else he mentioned around the 5:00 mark is that he recorded memos in Buenos Aires, Jerusalem (ring a bell?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!..... sorry that was terrible) Italy, Paris (kind of stopped there lol). So that would mean at least 4 memos. I'm really hoping some of them are combined into one track, but assuming they're on their own separate tracks that means we have "only" 9 real songs left to hear (10 counting Flags). So, worst case scenario, even that is still better than something like GS for example where apparently people only hadn't listened to 2 tracks before the album officially released (wasn't an actual fan at the time) but still like that is kind of low total left, seeing as there might be another single or 2 released before the album.

Also never knew Will Champion was all the reason behind the no swearing in Coldplay lyrics before (whether that's just an excuse or not :joy: :joy: ) but if so I'm glad he kind of grew up around that!

• Like 4

So now that we know there for sure will be some interlude tracks, how many do we think there will be? I'm going with 4. Kind of sucks because at the end of the day, it's just a regular album lol.

I was sure it was a regular album since they've announced its total lenght of 53 minutes. Twenty One Pilots' Trench has 14 songs and the total lenght is 56 minutes long.

• Like 1

I was sure it was a regular album since they've announced its total lenght of 53 minutes. Twenty One Pilots' Trench has 14 songs and the total lenght is 56 minutes long.

Yeah it's just a bit disappointing that it's being referred to as a double album when it's really not. It's pretty much like X&Y, where there are two halves.

Ah well, We should have at least 9 more full songs.

Yeah it's just a bit disappointing that it's being referred to as a double album when it's really not. It's pretty much like X&Y, where there are two halves.

Ah well, We should have at least 9 more full songs.

Chris said in that interview that it's not a double album because there's enough songs to make it so, but because even while being shorter than some of their other releases, it's "well portioned, well divided".

I'm ok with that, we're basically getting a Coldplay album but just better divided to make it more cohesive

• Like 1

Chris said in that interview that it's not a double album because there's enough songs to make it so, but because even while being shorter than some of their other releases, it's "well portioned, well divided".

I'm ok with that, we're basically getting a Coldplay album but just better divided to make it more cohesive

Yeah I like that, I just want more music lol. X&Y as an album is long, but I wouldn't mind having more songs from that era you know? I wish b-sides were still a thing.

• Like 1

Yeah I like that, I just want more music lol. X&Y as an album is long, but I wouldn't mind having more songs from that era you know? I wish b-sides were still a thing.

B-sides are so great, from a era we had the album itself plus those additional songs as an extra. Love them so much

• Like 1

Time for another mandatory massive post.....

Eh, to each their own, I think many songs since Viva have reached and exceeded that level of ingenuity. EL IMO is great and my fav so far from the era but I wouldn't consider it a Fix You.

Now now, not to get too hyped. Remember Stargate's on at least one of the tracks. That being said all the other collabs are pointing to this being a really good album, then again there's nothing wrong with setting the bar low so you either aren't surprised it was bad or become pleasantly surprised.

YES! I'd really like to hear Coldplay experiment with different genres. It's highly unlikely considering they're seeming to be heading in a more old style jazzy fashion but a fusion of genres would be really cool to see.

I was thinking of doing it but I caved when SNL came on, I didn't just wanna turn it off after Orphans cause somebody was watching it with me and I didn't feel like disappointing them. Heck I wanted to try holding out entirely on this era and waiting till the album release proper to hear all the songs, but another of my favorite bands just released an album and I haven't heard a single song off it yet, so I guess I can already say I did that. Not the same experience as holding off throughout the hype though, I surely haven't had that experience yet! In hindsight I should have just held our, seeing as album closers are usually top notch, specially with Coldplay, and designed to be listened at the end of something ya know? Wouldn't be fair to just listen to it on their own for the first time, so I get where you're coming from, and I wish I woulda held out

I mean they're both slow and melancholic but EL is hopeful while AROBTTH definitely isn't, so other than the slow pace and general emotive vibe of the songs there's little in common with them. As another user on here said it's more similar to Amsterdam IMO (even with the emotive differences).

WTF?!!? It's so subtle I couldn't hear it! I'll try to remind myself to listen to it after even though I'll probably forget lol.

I know it's 2019 and Coldplay is a pop band that has long used auto tune even in small amounts but come on. They can do better than that if they're collabing with real talented musicians, then again CM's voice isn't the best nowadays so it's not really surprising, but still if they're looking for authenticity why wouldn't they just record the take till he did it right instead of fixing it with studio magic?

Then again Stargate's producing at least a single track (it seems like for now at least he's not producing the full album, I really hope that's not an unrevealed unwelcome secret of this whole process anyways. I'd highly doubt it considering all the other real musicians they've brought in, then again anything's possible since JC is on the same track, maybe Stargate's looking to get a little jazzy and become real artists themselves......? either way I would not want them producing the full album, hopefully that's not a hidden news that would disappoint us.)

Oh geez, as others have mentioned it's way too early to call, and I can see people overestimating and being disappointed like the past few albums. That being said I definitely wouldn't say it's better than M or AROBTTH. Never know though.

That's something the live version has on the album, I was really excited to hear Jonny's guitar shining live, and I can't believe I didn't realize it's usually less audible on the studio version than live, so I was half disappointed with that part specifically upon listening to the studio.

IDK man, with most of the lineup the rest of the tracks have I think this is gonna be fantastic (again, nothing wrong with being pessimistic to either be proven right or pleasantly surprised). But for the most part I think there's no reason to worry. Have you heard the shorter teases/snippets of some of the other songs yet?

That would really make sense considering it's released on Nov 22 and they say it's been "100 years in the making" (since 1919). Any link to the video?

I was gonna say that some people on hear must have had a crystal ball because some were speculating that was gonna happen, but then this guy clarified:

Highly likely you're right, but you still never know, they might be the next singles!

Bleh. Probably made it more poppy than necessary, although Orphans is still a good track, and Max Martin can produce some decent music. Just kind of sad to hear Coldplay's still been working with mainstream producers, when this was supposed to be more of an experimental record, which I'm still confident it will be..... again let's just hope it's not information we don't know about ye that more mainstream producers will be doing the rest of the songs either. But with songs like Arabesque and even the title track, I retain confidence that even with minimal pop influence it will be rather authentic (and tbh seeing what most of Max Martin's sound is like now I'm surprised Orphans didn't turn out too too poppy, it sounds like a legit indie pop/rock track. Then again maybe we now know where the "get drunk with my friends" lyrics came from. :triumph:

I wish there was, because it would have been great to just hear it unspoiled in the context of the album, but noooo. People would probably break it too much though and moderation I'd imagine is fairly difficult for stuff like that, then people would accuse them of being picky etc..... so I just think it wouldn't be a good idea all around, and I think discussing the overall vibe of the song doesn't do too much harm as an outside person who hasn't listened to it yet, as language only conveys a vague idea of what something subjectively sounds like, and the outside listener might have a completely different opinion (although, looking at other's opinions beforehand can skew first impressions so I personally try to avoid influential opinion as much as possible).

That's something I noticed with that video, his voice definitely didn't sound up to par, and I think he has kind of a quirky voice as it is, a tone that many people don't like. It half annoys me too cause it kinda sounds nasaly but it's not too too bad.

Not true Coldplay, but don't forget Pharrell Williams on E Lo.

Darn I noticed your count very close to this the other day and was planning to congratulate you! WOO!

Not the biggest of singles, fairly unlikely.

Remember, this isn't the first time we've been unpleasantly surprised by what seemed to be a large track count. I know they did sort of the opposite thing on VLV but, hey. Still, 16 tracks and a double album feels like it kind of deserves more, like 2 actual discs because under an hour of music can easily fit onto a single disc. so it wouldn't be a true "double album", just more in the sense of theme.

That's probably a good guess but I am hoping for a little more TBH. That would mean taking a hit at the other song's lengths though, and I'm hoping for at least 1 or 2 longer songs like Arabesque, but we just don't know. Kind of sad to see that this album isn't as long as it first seemed, but it's still a lot of material compared to most albums released recently. IMO I value every recording, long and complex or short and underdeveloped, so it'll still be interesting hearing CP take a slightly different approach to their recordings this time around.

-----------------------------

Something to note, even though I know this isn't fhe first time he's mentioned it this era:

3:00 of the interview a few posts above:

"it's not about money, it's not about awards, it's not about fame, it's not about critical success, it's not about rankings...." I am so very glad to hear this coming from them. Really comfirms that they've got something great cooked up for us in store, even if they've got a few pop influences in there. I'm sure whatever they give us it will be great, judging by what we've heard so far and the authentic nature of most of the collaborations of this era.

Something else he mentioned around the 5:00 mark is that he recorded memos in Buenos Aires, Jerusalem (ring a bell?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!..... sorry that was terrible) Italy, Paris (kind of stopped there lol). So that would mean at least 4 memos. I'm really hoping some of them are combined into one track, but assuming they're on their own separate tracks that means we have "only" 9 real songs left to hear (10 counting Flags). So, worst case scenario, even that is still better than something like GS for example where apparently people only hadn't listened to 2 tracks before the album officially released (wasn't an actual fan at the time) but still like that is kind of low total left, seeing as there might be another single or 2 released before the album.

Also never knew Will Champion was all the reason behind the no swearing in Coldplay lyrics before (whether that's just an excuse or not :joy: :joy: ) but if so I'm glad he kind of grew up around that!

And I wouldn't be so negative about the voice memos. Doesn't mean 4 tracks will be full voice memos. Remember that both Arabesque and EL begin with a memo.

• Like 3