✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

This era is looking more promising by the day.

It seems they are going the indie rock/pop route but doing it in such a way that is true to themselves and quintessentially Coldplay, hence the poking fun at Liam Gallagher.

Interestingly enough, sunrise will be streamed at dawn and sunset at dusk. I don’t know if the band comes up with this stuff on there own, or they have a cracking pr team but between the black and white video thumbnails, the letters to fans and ads in the classifieds... it’s just really good marketing that keeps people hooked.

• Like 8

The fact that Guy said they're not going to tour this album is one of the more promising things to me. It's sounding like this new release is a stand-alone piece that the band really wanted (perhaps needed) to make, with songs that are not "stadium friendly". Kinda like Ghost Stories.

I support it.

• Like 10

Dude, I'd be careful if I were you. Your profile pic looks just like the hand and bag of that businessman whose body disappears in the GPASUYF video (after he sold - what, fake IDs in your case I presume ?)

I don't think this is the right place for such things . . . . .

Don't reply to those people. I saw such spam stuff here weeks/months ago already.

These guys even created own threads full with the same spam posts. Just report and ignore.

• Like 4

I just realized... during the "press conference," the upside down map appears exactly 42 seconds into the video. :D

I was just wondering I guess I missed this but what did we find out was the significance of the black and white thumbnails.

I don't think they ever really revealed the significance... but if I were to guess now, it's just because the album art is in black and white and they're trying to have that early 20th century look in this era.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

I'm going to miss the snl performance tonight any idea what song besides orphan will be performed?

Probably just Orphans and an older song... but who knows? They might surprise us with something we haven't heard yet.

Perhaps i'm waaaayyyyy behind on this, so my apologies in advance.... But did we ever figure out the significance of the number 42?

The band's love for the number 42 most likely comes from from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in which 42 is the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. They also reference this book in the Talk video, and with the song title Don't Panic. Chris claimed to have never read the book back in the day, but who's to say the rest of the band didn't suggest the reference and Chris just went along with it?

• Like 2

Guys. I would love to go to the Jordan concert by all means and I get that people want to find out how to get tickets on the forum here. But maybe we are kind of missing the point. How great would it be if Coldplay got loads of people to the concert that haven’t got the money or possibility to go to a concert like this normally. We’ll get our tour here at some point. I hope that with this theme they’ve got for the albhm, they’ll go out and surprise people that normally wouldn’t have the chance to see bands like them. And then stream it to the rest of us so we can live it with them.

• Like 6

Hey guys! Will anyone be recording the SNL show? Also, is there a live stream? :confused:

I've been looking around for a live stream and haven't found one. The NBC Universal stream is "free" but apparently there is some subscription needed to view their live shows. But, their website is not very helpful in actually finding this subscription *eyeroll*

• Like 3
  • Sad 1