✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I always check the Wikipedia page for Coldplay's new albums because somehow they end up with info I never find. And:

-Sunrise is credited to Coldplay and Davide Rossi

-Church is credited to Coldplay and Jacob Collier, who has been mentioned previously. Also...Stargate. Not thrilled to hear that!

-Cry Cry Cry is credited to Coldplay, Jacob Collier and two others: Bertrend Berns who was a songwriter from the 60's and produced Brown Eyed Girl for Van Morrison (you've probably heard it) and Jerry Ragovoy who wrote for The Rolling Stones, amongst others.

-The Arabic titled track is credited to Coldplay and Alice Coltrane who is a famous jazz musician

-Champion of the World is credited to Coldplay and a few others, notably Scott Hutchinson who founded indie band Frightened Rabbit and recently died at only 36.

Overall, I'm definitely getting good vibes from this. Let's just hope Stargate's influence here is minimal.

• Like 5
  • Wow 4

-Champion of the World is credited to Coldplay and a few others, notably Scott Hutchinson who founded indie band Frightened Rabbit and recently died at only 36.

Oh this is interesting! I love FR and was devastated to hear about his death. Looking forward to this song a lot more now if it’s true.

1. AROBTTH

2. VLV

3. MX

4. X&Y

5. Parachutes

6. GS

7. AHFOD

At the very least, I expect EL will be above GS and AHFOD. I have a hard time seeing it having a chance to go above 3 for me. VLV and AROBTTH are too special.

I think EL will fall somewhere between the 3rd and 6th spot, for me.

But let's hear the other 13-14 songs first :joy:

I wouldn't rank Everybody Life with the albums yet when we only have 3 songs. But if we pretend those 3 songs are an EP...

1. Prospekt's March

2. The Blue Room/Safety

3. Everyday Life

4. Kaleidoscope

5. ETIAW

6. Brothers & Sisters

I always check the Wikipedia page for Coldplay's new albums because somehow they end up with info I never find. And:

-Church is credited to Coldplay and Jacob Collier, who has been mentioned previously. Also...Stargate. Not thrilled to hear that!

-Cry Cry Cry is credited to Coldplay, Jacob Collier and two others: Bertrend Berns who was a songwriter from the 60's and produced Brown Eyed Girl for Van Morrison (you've probably heard it) and Jerry Ragovoy who wrote for The Rolling Stones, amongst others.

-The Arabic titled track is credited to Coldplay and Alice Coltrane who is a famous jazz musician

Overall, I'm definitely getting good vibes from this. Let's just hope Stargate's influence here is minimal.

Stargate? Again?!?

giphy.gif.1391f9f97fce4d6dc768b516a9bba01b.gif

I like what I see from the rest of that list though...it suggests a very old school vibe with some indie rock thrown in.

Okay thanks to you (and whoever the blessed soul is who updated Wikipedia) I think I might've stumbled upon a discovery.

So Bertrend Berns and Jerry Ragovoy actually wrote a song together titled 'Cry Baby' which was recorded by Garnett Mimms and the Enchanters in 1963, and just listen to that beginning:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBVFcnbAz28

Sounds uncannily like the snippet of 'Cry Cry Cry' that was played at the start of the press conference (with an additional "Cry"). I'm fairly certain this track was sampled for the song. Janis Joplin also recorded a cover in 1970 so could be from that too, though I think the voice matches up more with the original.

Also I'm absolutely pumped about Scott Hutchinson being featured here -- was turned onto FR through the Midnight Organ Fight tribute album that came out earlier this year and instantly fell in love with Scott's vocals/lyrics. I'd be really happy even if it was just him singing the entire song, even though it's Coldplay's. Couldn't ask for a more fitting conclusion than that.

• Like 2

Okay thanks to you (and whoever the blessed soul is who updated Wikipedia) I think I might've stumbled upon a discovery.

So Bertrend Berns and Jerry Ragovoy actually wrote a song together titled 'Cry Baby' which was recorded by Garnett Mimms and the Enchanters in 1963, and just listen to that beginning:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBVFcnbAz28

Sounds uncannily like the snippet of 'Cry Cry Cry' that was played at the start of the press conference (with an additional "Cry"). I'm fairly certain this track was sampled for the song. Janis Joplin also recorded a cover in 1970 so could be from that too, though I think the voice matches up more with the original.

Also I'm absolutely pumped about Scott Hutchinson being featured here -- was turned onto FR through the Midnight Organ Fight tribute album that came out earlier this year and instantly fell in love with Scott's vocals/lyrics. I'd be really happy even if it was just him singing the entire song, even though it's Coldplay's. Couldn't ask for a more fitting conclusion than that.

Oh lmao just found out that this has already been discovered on the Cry Cry Cry thread, nvm.

Wow. Apart from the cursed S-word all the other influences/collabs sound intriguing ! I think this album is gonna be a good one.

• Like 4

Maybe it'll sound like...

Unfortunate hypothesis - Life is Beautiful may be dead, because the lyrics look like they may have been recycled into Arabesque:

"There's a new song coming on the radio

Frutas florecen en todo el mundo

Let the flowers all blossom

The hummingbirds hum

We're all born equal under the same sun

Someone could be you and you could be someone

So do to each other as you would be done"

Ok, so here’s a random theory I have been mulling over this weekend since hearing Everyday Life. Do you think the whole “Sunrise, Sunset” theme could be about the whole of one’s life, with the songs ranging from birth to childhood to all stages of life? If so, the last song would be sort of at peace with itself. What do you think??

• Like 3

Ok, so here’s a random theory I have been mulling over this weekend since hearing Everyday Life. Do you think the whole “Sunrise, Sunset” theme could be about the whole of one’s life, with the songs ranging from birth to childhood to all stages of life? If so, the last song would be sort of at peace with itself. What do you think??

Interesting that you say that cause I've heard this theory before, but for Viva. That Viva would represent all stages of life in order (LiT - birth, childhood, youth, love, adulthood, death). But I think it's quite a stretch and doesn't fit perfectly. About Everyday Life, I feel like it really is supposed to represent one day (an "everyday") from the start to its end and back to the start of the next day (The Album basically ends with "First light, throw my arms open wide").

• Like 4