✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

hello guys .... I have a question. why in the downloads (beta) section for Live Appearances & Interviews (audio / video) is no longer active? please if there are members who can upload audio / video live performance. tomorrow is saturday coldplay live on saturday night live. hope someone uploads a video performance on SNL here

• Like 3

While I would have liked 2 discs, I understand that releasing a double album in 2019 is bold, when most artists are releasing smaller batches of songs (but more frequently).

Most double albums feature some amount of filler - 16 songs in 53 minutes feels concise and considered.

I'm looking forward to see which half if my favourite!

For the record, I'm way more hyped by 'Arabesque' than 'Orphans'. It would be HUGE if ever played live.

• Like 2

Another interview that seems like it is meant for Everyday Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euASk1fJVL8:104

Watching this, I am very surprised that they will release a long album again.

They have spent a lot of time all the years after X&Y explaining that the formula they used wasn't successful. From Viva and on they agreed on releasing small albums and now EL seems to break that rule.

• Like 3

Another interview that seems like it is meant for Everyday Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euASk1fJVL8:104

Watching this, I am very surprised that they will release a long album again.

They have spent a lot of time all the years after X&Y explaining that the formula they used wasn't successful. From Viva and on they agreed on releasing small albums and now EL seems to break that rule.

Well they are treating it different because it's a "double album". Although in reality it's only 10 minutes longer than their past few and 10 minutes shorter than X&Y. I want 80 minutes damnit! Lol

I prefer quality over quantity, but hearing the term 'double album' got me excited for a longer project. Still excited nonetheless.

• Like 5

Everyday Life is also Will's favorite track on the album!

But I am hoping for no more single releases until the album is out!

Second this. I saw CHVRCHES bringing out many tracks before their album Love Is Dead actually was released,

and thought 'WTF?'. Looked a bit like they 'leak' the album themselves...

• Like 2

I'm so hyped for SNL... finally get to see the boys on stage again and get some confirmation of what this era's exact "look" is gonna be. Maybe an antique-looking piano for Chris (if they play a song that requires one) and the "wedding band" logo on Will's drums?

On another note, I'd like to hear one more song and then nothing else until the album is released, so we have 13 brand new songs (14 if you count Flags, 15 if WOTW and POTP are separate songs that share a track) to listen to.

I love getting to discover a bunch of new songs all at once... as much as I love Muse, it did annoy me when they released about half of Simulation Theory in advance. Heck, as much as I love Coldplay, it annoyed me when O and Ink were the only tracks from Ghost Stories that most of us hadn't heard by the time that album was released.

Speaking of Simulation Theory, though... I think that's a perfect example of how Coldplay should experiment if they do an album that's very electronic. Maybe they should incorporate some of those Depeche Mode-style sounds if they decide to go for something more "accessible" like Mylo or AHFOD for LP9.

• Like 7