✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Guy started posting about EL on instagram (3 posts already!) and I love it:heart_eyes: He said he would post more... Maybe we will get more behind the scenes info about the making of this album?

Yeah I think so because he posted about the AHFOD tour as the very beginning of some of the music and then Tuscany! I'm just still confused why they said they decided not to record any music for a year after the tour.

• Like 4

Yeah I think so because he posted about the AHFOD tour as the very beginning of some of the music and then Tuscany! I'm just still confused why they said they decided not to record any music for a year after the tour.

I think the band did take a year off. I remember Matt saying in interviews when he was promoting the documentary that Coldplay were just getting back together after taking a year off. That was one year after the tour ended. Probably Chris kept the song writing momentum going through the hiatus while the rest of the band took time off.

• Like 6

I guess it makes sense that they decided to take a break from recording after late 2017... they had spent the better part of the last 2 years on tour, they had to make some time to record SJLT with the Chainsmokers in 2016, and they had spent part of 2017 trying to finish the Kaleidoscope EP. I'd assume the AHFOD film was in development in 2017. Sounds exhausting to me!

• Like 8

Please don't ask for PMs either, thank you!

Could someone please also pm me the links. I have bought every Coldplay album since Mx on Vinyl and EL will be no exception.

Right next to each other. :joy:

I understand that Coldplaying wants to cooperate with Coldplay and their wish to not have this album leaked, but forcing people to find it themselves is still a little sketchy if you ask me. What about the people who aren't as proficient with computers, you want them to get redirected to some survey that'll tell them they won an iPhone 11 and then get some virus?

It's really Coldplay/the label's fault that the album leaked anyway. It's an inherent risk they must accept if they are to send advance copies out to radio stations, reviewing outlets, lucky fans, etc. Then they're surprised this happens.

I managed to find it on my own this time, I'm just concerned for the people who aren't so good with computers. Although I fully understand it's not completely your fault, and you wanna stay on Coldplay and the label's good side. I'd despise to see this site and all its other great content taken down, after all.

My point is : we only have a week and a half to wait for new Coldplay music, we know that, but we don't know how much we are going to have to wait after that, and it definitely won't be just 10 days haha

and in the meantime we already have some content to keep us waiting. Once they're done promoting (which tbh could happen very very fast), it's completely over.

In a sense I get what you're saying, after the release there's barely any tour dates and the era's effectively over if that's all you account for. But I still don't think even in that case that an era is limited to the wait time, hype, and promo. I think either way the era wouldn't really last any longer, seeing as all eras persist after the release regardless of tour dates, and this definitely will for a lot of people seeing as a lot of the songs are more original, unique and memorable and most people will like this better than AHFOD.

Dunno, for me I think, the studio version sets a kind of expectation of the song and the live version shatters it and it feels great. But the other way round takes away from both the things -- the performance seems alien and the album then will feel weird.

I agree for the most part that if you listen to a studio version first, the live version usually ends up a whole lot better in Coldplay's case, but for the second part I found I really liked the live version of EL as it was, and then I also really liked the parts in the studio version that weren't in the live version, my only complaint being that Jonny was a little too quiet in the studio.

As always, to each their own though.

So far I haven't heard any of the leaked songs but I went to the thread and read a few reviews. I was embarrassed how widely opinions diverge. There seem to be some really bad songs on the album. Well, I won't read any more comments. I am just going to enjoy the album on November 22nd! I am sure Coldplay won't disappoint me!

IDK, most of the reviews on the leaked thread are really good. Of course there's always gonna be a couple duds on every album, but the majority of the reviews, including mine, highly approve.

The truth is, we are as clueless as you are.

The truth is.....

Your guess is as good as mine.

:P

Did anyone notice that, and I hope this isn't too much of a spoiler, that on Arabesque Will is playing one of the main melodic guitar riffs while playing the kick drum.

I thought that was really cool. Not something you see often, but Will can do it because the drum part is incredibly simple (but exists) in that song, and he's a multi-instumentalist (even though I never knew he could play guitar before either, I just knew of piano).

And that's nowhere near a spoiler, maybe only for the video but not for the album which is what we want to keep to a minimum. :)

I want to wait until the 22nd but I feel like I have to listen to it since I write for an online college magazine and I want to write a review of the album but the only free week I have to publish it is that it'd be due on the 24th which doesn't give me much time to understand the songs well. Maybe I'll try to hold out a little longer...

Well now you have a spectacular reason to listen to the leak beforehand.

It'd be wise to just listen to it now and write the review, you'd have much more time to digest it.

I'm sure this isn't the only band you're a fan of. This time, you have a reason not to be a part of the group who tortures themself waiting for the album to come out when they know there's a leak. You wouldn't really be missing out on that much of an experience. :D

I listened to the leak... now I just need to wait for Flags! I have no idea if that bonus track will leak on its own before release day....

Probably not, unless they're sending advance copies of that version of the album, probably to people in Japan. I haven't heard of any leaks of this thus far. It'd be nice, but it's unlikely. I'd be willing to wait.

If order the album from amazon japan will it have the bonus track “ flag “ ?

Probably.

Maybe also Everyday life

Already released as a single.

I'm not sure if it was you, but I think I also read another post asking if EL would be a single.

I guess it makes sense that they decided to take a break from recording after late 2017... they had spent the better part of the last 2 years on tour, they had to make some time to record SJLT with the Chainsmokers in 2016, and they had spent part of 2017 trying to finish the Kaleidoscope EP. I'd assume the AHFOD film was in development in 2017. Sounds exhausting to me!

Don't forget Los Unidades.

They barely took any time off at all!

I didn't expect an EP, let alone 2 EPs.

I expected the hiatus to be way longer than this, all that considered.

But here we are, not even a year after Los Unidades, with another true Coldplay album.

• Like 5

Countdown. I hope this two links gives you the right times for the two concerts friday in Amman. Live stream on Youtube.

Coldplay: Everyday Life – Live in Jordan will take place in Amman, Jordan and mirror the two halves of the 52-minute double album: Sunrise and Sunset. The Sunrise concert will begin at 4am GMT, with the Sunset concert following at 2pm GMT.

Coldplay Sunsrise (Countdown 4am GMT) >>> Coldplay Sunrise

Coldplay Sunset (Countdown 2pm GMT) >>>>> Coldplay Sunset

1573982655768.png.2883e0b9ec72aab523964235130f8371.png

• Like 2

EL, I don't see it as a single, as it's not the big hit. Heck no MV either.

Sorry but what’s with you and your obsession with songs being released as a single? It doesn’t make a difference to anything.

It’s not like before where we get a b-side to single. Now, having a single released doesn’t mean a thing. Lol.

• Like 4

I understand that Coldplaying wants to cooperate with Coldplay and their wish to not have this album leaked, but forcing people to find it themselves is still a little sketchy if you ask me. What about the people who aren't as proficient with computers, you want them to get redirected to some survey that'll tell them they won an iPhone 11 and then get some virus?

It's really Coldplay/the label's fault that the album leaked anyway. It's an inherent risk they must accept if they are to send advance copies out to radio stations, reviewing outlets, lucky fans, etc. Then they're surprised this happens.

I managed to find it on my own this time, I'm just concerned for the people who aren't so good with computers. Although I fully understand it's not completely your fault, and you wanna stay on Coldplay and the label's good side. I'd despise to see this site and all its other great content taken down, after all.

Obviously Stephen is the one who decides what rules we use here, and you might say 'okay, this is a fan forum, most people who post here will buy or stream the album anyway when it comes out so it doesn't matter much if they share the leak among each other' but the truth is there's no way to tell if user ASkyFullOfDreams who just registered 15 minutes ago* is just a fan who wants to listen to the album or someone who wants to listen to the album but will also pass on the link to god knows where. Artists hate it when stuff leaks, and of course we can't help it when it happens or make the links disappear (that's what the management will try to do) but what we can do is try to say "if you want a link, this forum is not the place to ask." And also, not being on Coldplay's side here would indeed be very stupid, I clearly don't have to explain why :D

I mean, it stays illegal. We aren't going to facilitate the leak spreading on this board just because otherwise people might end up on dodgy fake download sites. That's 100% their responsibility I'm afraid. Also if I weren't good with computers the next thing I'd do is simply send a PM to someone who has it and ask where they got it. I don't think there is a perfect solution for this kind of situation but we had to make some decision... and tbh I think suggesting that by pointing people who are after a link away from this site, others might end up with a virus on their pc is a bit of a stretch.

*fictive example, any resemblance to reality is pure coincidence lol

• Like 8
  • Angry 1

Good to hear from you again! I was honestly wondering where you went!

Well I didn't go anywhere far from the forums... Most of the time I would actually frequent this place without logging in because I didn't want to be seen for one reason or another. Believe it or not about a month ago when there were much more visitors showing up here on the forums I would have to cope with anxiety attacks as I found it challenging and petrifying to write and post anything. Suddenly I lost my self-confidence and started feeling afraid to share any of my thoughts or opinions due to the fear of being scrutinized or in a worst-case scenario even overlooked. At one point for better or worse I was considering quitting Coldplaying for good. Then I was convinced it would be fine to take a break and go on a hiatus. (Some of you must have noted that sticker which I set as my profile picture for a while!) Therefore in such a difficult situation I decided to turn to few of my friends I'd met here on the forums. I'm truly glad that I have done so because if it hadn't been for them I wouldn't have come to realize that I still have something to offer and share in the discussions. Herewith I would like to thank them very much for having changed my mind.

Looking back it was completely foolish and stupid of me but totally understandable. I just wish I had handled the aforementioned state of affairs better and more sensibly but at least I've learnt a lesson from it.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 1

Well I didn't go anywhere far from the forums... Most of the time I would actually frequent this place without logging in because I didn't want to be seen for one reason or another. Believe it or not about a month ago when there were much more visitors showing up here on the forums I would have to cope with anxiety attacks as I found it challenging and petrifying to write and post anything. Suddenly I lost my self-confidence and started feeling afraid to share any of my thoughts or opinions due to the fear of being scrutinized or in a worst-case scenario even overlooked. At one point for better or worse I was considering quitting Coldplaying for good. Then I was convinced it would be fine to take a break and go on a hiatus. (Some of you must have noted that sticker which I set as my profile picture for a while!) Therefore in such a difficult situation I decided to turn to few of my friends I'd met here on the forums. I'm truly glad that I have done so because if it hadn't been for them I wouldn't have come to realize that I still have something to offer and share in the discussions. Herewith I would like to thank them very much for having changed my mind.

Looking back it was completely foolish and stupid of me but totally understandable. I just wish I had handled the aforementioned state of affairs better and more sensibly but at least I've learnt a lesson from it.

I saw you online but strictly reacting/liking everyones post, including mine. Thanks for that! It always feels good to have someone else positively react to our posts.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Wow, sorry to hear. And glad you are back ! There is no reason to be afraid of sharing your opinion here, as you know this is such a nice forum. But I can understand that it may cause you anxiety. Don't pressure yourself on posting when you don't feel like it.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Hello everyone, I haven’t posted here in years, but I’ve been lurking. I just wanted to share that I was one of the commenters On Coldplay’s YouTube account for the Q&A during the Jordan performance, and this morning I woke up to Coldplay responding to me and telling me that they wanted to ask ME something, indicating to me that I will be able to ask the band a question!! I can’t contain my excitement and thought this was a great venue to share this information!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Wow 6

Hello everyone, I haven’t posted here in years, but I’ve been lurking. I just wanted to share that I was one of the commenters On Coldplay’s YouTube account for the Q&A during the Jordan performance, and this morning I woke up to Coldplay responding to me and telling me that they wanted to ask ME something, indicating to me that I will be able to ask the band a question!! I can’t contain my excitement and thought this was a great venue to share this information!

That is fantastic! What was your question if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 4

That is fantastic! What was your question if you don't mind me asking?

My comment was as follows:

“Hello Coldplay, I hope you guys are doing well. You’re my favorite band in the world and your music has always been so inspirational to me. My question is, why did you guys decide to record Everyday Life as a double album, and what are the differences between Sunrise and Sunset musically and lyrically, if any?”

Coldplay asked me to email them using the email from my YouTube account to email them, which I assume is the email account associated with my YouTube account, so I did. I’m waiting to hear back now. I hope I followed their directions correctly.

• Like 14

My comment was as follows:

“Hello Coldplay, I hope you guys are doing well. You’re my favorite band in the world and your music has always been so inspirational to me. My question is, why did you guys decide to record Everyday Life as a double album, and what are the differences between Sunrise and Sunset musically and lyrically, if any?”

Coldplay asked me to email them using the email from my YouTube account to email them, which I assume is the email account associated with my YouTube account, so I did. I’m waiting to hear back now. I hope I followed their directions correctly.

Very good question!

This will solve some of the mystery!

Thank you :blush:

• Like 3

I'm so glad you didn't quit! I know how that worry that something you say online can be taken the wrong way feels but don't worry-your posts are great :)

• Like 4
  • Wow 1