✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a little off topic, but has anyone else noticed how fit and healthy Chris is looking?

42 years old? Apparently Vampires do exist.

Funny that you say so. Not many pages ago there was a discussion on how old Chris looked haha!

I tend to agree with you.

• Like 1

Funny that you say so. Not many pages ago there was a discussion on how old Chris looked haha!

I tend to agree with you.

Guess its all lighting and angles. But I think hes keeping better than most 42 year olds at least!

Guys I found the most amazing , raw and truthful photos from a media group on Facebook called emotions , I tried to share it as it’s sooooo fitting for this album but I can’t figure it out I urge you to all go take a look at it !

View: https://www.facebook.com/346398089444952/posts/562517427833016?d=n&sfns=mo

Above was the header but the photos are stunning sad and impactful .. we share the same blood

• Like 5

1131578179_ScreenShot2019-11-20at1_38_25AM.thumb.png.dae7d52dfa2d9e9102eacfb9abbfbdc8.png

Looks like Viva la Vida won the poll on Coldplay's youtube community page :| (Check top right corner of the image)

I have a feeling they shipped the viva drum and bell kit by mistake to Jordan so then they rigged the poll to make the most of it. Unless the bell is for the Sunrise-Sunset Interludes and the drums come attached to it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

It appears we are getting a second show in Jordan, scheduled for this Saturday:

[MEDIA=twitter]1196801120099799043[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/coldplayxtra/status/1196801120099799043?s=19

I find it really odd that they are announcing so many last minute shows and so close together. First the museum one in London and now this.

They seem really anxious to go back to hibernation. :expressionless:

• Like 4

Sorry but what’s with you and your obsession with songs being released as a single? It doesn’t make a difference to anything.

It’s not like before where we get a b-side to single. Now, having a single released doesn’t mean a thing. Lol.

Unfortunately :(

Obviously Stephen is the one who decides what rules we use here, and you might say 'okay, this is a fan forum, most people who post here will buy or stream the album anyway when it comes out so it doesn't matter much if they share the leak among each other' but the truth is there's no way to tell if user ASkyFullOfDreams who just registered 15 minutes ago* is just a fan who wants to listen to the album or someone who wants to listen to the album but will also pass on the link to god knows where. Artists hate it when stuff leaks, and of course we can't help it when it happens or make the links disappear (that's what the management will try to do) but what we can do is try to say "if you want a link, this forum is not the place to ask." And also, not being on Coldplay's side here would indeed be very stupid, I clearly don't have to explain why :D

I mean, it stays illegal. We aren't going to facilitate the leak spreading on this board just because otherwise people might end up on dodgy fake download sites. That's 100% their responsibility I'm afraid. Also if I weren't good with computers the next thing I'd do is simply send a PM to someone who has it and ask where they got it. I don't think there is a perfect solution for this kind of situation but we had to make some decision... and tbh I think suggesting that by pointing people who are after a link away from this site, others might end up with a virus on their pc is a bit of a stretch.

*fictive example, any resemblance to reality is pure coincidence lol

Oh don't worry I completely get why we don't want leaks being shared here, and obviously around album release time we need to be wary of new accounts, or if they might be coming here looking for a leak that we don't share those here. I guess PMs aren't much better if they know people can abuse them to send leaks through that as well.

I just feel a little bad that I've seen some people here who complain that they can't find the leak anywhere on a non dodgy site :joy: that's all. Most people shouldn't have Trouble finding a valid source for it if they really want it, but you're right in that it is fully their responsibility if they get a virus trying to download some illegally leaked advance copy of the album.

Well I didn't go anywhere far from the forums... Most of the time I would actually frequent this place without logging in because I didn't want to be seen for one reason or another. Believe it or not about a month ago when there were much more visitors showing up here on the forums I would have to cope with anxiety attacks as I found it challenging and petrifying to write and post anything. Suddenly I lost my self-confidence and started feeling afraid to share any of my thoughts or opinions due to the fear of being scrutinized or in a worst-case scenario even overlooked. At one point for better or worse I was considering quitting Coldplaying for good. Then I was convinced it would be fine to take a break and go on a hiatus. (Some of you must have noted that sticker which I set as my profile picture for a while!) Therefore in such a difficult situation I decided to turn to few of my friends I'd met here on the forums. I'm truly glad that I have done so because if it hadn't been for them I wouldn't have come to realize that I still have something to offer and share in the discussions. Herewith I would like to thank them very much for having changed my mind.

Looking back it was completely foolish and stupid of me but totally understandable. I just wish I had handled the aforementioned state of affairs better and more sensibly but at least I've learnt a lesson from it.

Damn that's too bad that you went through that phase...... I've had my own anxiety attack phases, none really related to speaking my part publicly, but I know a lot of people struggle with that and it's harsh to hear a cherished forum member like you who I know fairly well has gone through that.

I'm glad you're better now though! :D

By the way, I know we're all different and some things scare us more than what other people might think, but wouldn't being overlooked be better than being scrutinized? At least you wouldn't tell the difference then between people not noticing you and ignoring you :joy:

I also didn't notice your sticker, probably because I took my own long hiatus from the forums myself, just because i got kinda bored of it, that's all. As it died down after the AHFOD era.

I'm so glad you didn't quit! I know how that worry that something you say online can be taken the wrong way feels but don't worry-your posts are great :)

And also remember it doesn't really matter if your post gets taken the wrong way, it's the internet, they might just be trolling and in the vast majority of cases it won't matter because you won't ever see them in real life, and there aren't any consequences.

But I also think @M Marks The Spot is a great contributor to the forum, they have nothing to worry about!: D

[MEDIA=twitter]1196407759413161985[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/coldplayxtra/status/1196407759413161985?s=21

Wow big news !!!

I've seen this a few times now, and even though it's the Parlophone CEO that made the announcement it sounds like the band wants to make the decision to release another album as soon as possible. This whole era is really beginning to remind me of GS and AHFOD, with GS being something they needed to create and AHFOD being the commercial album. I just hope they're not being too burnt out, since they barely even took a hiatus, and now they've made this great big 16 track double album and are now going forth with this.

I wonder if they already had the concept for LP9 laid out before even beginning work on EL, as they said Orphans was supposed to be "for the next thing" and now it's revealed that next thing will be coming very soon. So this was probably planned all along, and if this is any indication LP9 will probably be much poppier than most of us want it to be.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

What I was hoping for, is that both GS and AHFOD are quite electronic and polished in production, so with this being more of a raw album with not as many poppy electronic elements that the next album might be happy and upbeat but it'd be more of a proper indie rock setup. Maybe we will be disappointed after all though, because Church is definitely quite polished, as is Orphans in comparison to the rest of the album. I REALLY hope they go in the direction of Champion of the World for most of the songs on the next album if they wanna make something upbeat. It seems like that song has received the most universal praise from everybody. Even though it's upbeat, it retains enough Oldplay production elements to please everybody, so I think that's the perfect middle ground they need to aim for.

Now I can't help but wonder if it's Coldplay's decision that they just wanted to make this album but move on to the next thing, or if Parlophone is forcing them to release more of a poppy record to balance this out. I sincerely hope it's not the latter, and it shouldn't be with the amount of success Coldplay's given them. Also, if the former is the case I'd be starting to lose faith in Chris' claim that they don't care about what anybody thinks of them anymore. Releasing an experimental record for the hardcore fans who want "real music" out of them and a commercial record to keep the sales high and to please the kids, tweens and teens sounds like trying to please everybody to me, whether Chris says they're trying to do that or not. I really would not mind them releasing music in this format for the future though. as we'd get the best of both worlds: good, high quality music that the more mature fans want to hear, and some stadium material for those killer concerts we all cherish. I went to 2 of their concerts last era and they definitely did not disappoint, out of the few concerts I've seen that was definitely my favorite by far, and even my parents agree. I would definitely go back for another of those concerts, and that definitely wouldn't be happening with this kind of material we've been hearing from this era. I prefer this kind of music, but for a concert I'm super hyped up and super energetic, and the sheer energy of the music and everything from last era fit that perfectly. The studio songs were fairly good but they were all way better in concert.

I'm still thinking summer to fall 2020. Leaning more toward the late fall.

I agree, but you never know..... this album came far earlier than expected...... wouldn't it be hilarious if they released ANOTHER album before 2020 :joy:

I have a feeling they shipped the viva drum and bell kit by mistake to Jordan so then they rigged the poll to make the most of it. Unless the bell is for the Sunrise-Sunset Interludes and the drums come attached to it.

Well now they're making the most of it anyway, even if it were for the Sunrise-Sunset interlude. Any casual fan seeing that setup would immediately want Viva, and it would be a disappointment if they didn't play it, for them at least.

It's too bad that they had to rig the poll, because pictures revealed they'd already brought that setup. Like putting Viva in an extremely not known song, like were they just trolling the fanbase to see how many people actually knew the song? I'm surprised ASFOS wasn't higher up on the list, but Viva is one of their biggest hits, if not their biggest. It's like they knew which song would win before they even put up the poll. Not really fair, next time they should ask the fanbase for a bunch of lesser known songs. It's the same illusion of choice that happened last era, when they asked fans to send in videos asking for certain rarities. Which ended up in pretty much the same songs being played every night.

I'm still secretly hoping they play it anyway because the majority of the YT comments section was asking for it, they must have had a hard time looking for actual questions sifting through all that :joy:

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Maybe this is obvious to say, but perhaps the VLV bells are only there for the 2nd Jordan show (which may feature several hits) and NOT for the release show.

Also interesting - horn section for Arabesque is present! We rarely see other onstage musicians with the band.

Also also related and interesting - the live version of Everyday Life uses no, zero, 0 backing tracks - no strings, no vocals, no noises, nothing. Just Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will. That said, Orphans clearly did use a backing track for a few things (mostly the vocals and then a few noises, most obviously the "baba would know" background noise). So I'm really curious how this will all play out - since they didn't HAVE to play EL the way they did. Could've just done all the strings on a backing track.

• Like 6

I REALLY hope they go in the direction of Champion of the World for most of the songs on the next album if they wanna make something upbeat. It seems like that song has received the most universal praise from everybody. Even though it's upbeat, it retains enough Oldplay production elements to please everybody, so I think that's the perfect middle ground they need to aim for.

That would be so awesome !

Btw I don't think Coldplay rigged the poll. Why would they do that ? Viva is a very popular (and great) song, it's perfectly understandable that it won.

• Like 6

That would be so awesome !

Btw I don't think Coldplay rigged the poll. Why would they do that ? Viva is a very popular (and great) song, it's perfectly understandable that it won.

Welllll the whole submit your request segment for the AHFOD was ‘rigged’ so I wouldn’t be surprise if this was as well.

Just don’t understand why they would even ask the fans these sort of things when they don’t listen to us anyways.: unamused:

• Like 7

Let's be honest, it was pretty obvious from the start that Sparks would lose the poll. Maybe they just added Sparks to the list to get a feel for how much interest there is in those really old tracks. VLV was my other choice so I'm glad it won. And I think it fits the best with this current era.

Welllll the whole submit your request segment for the AHFOD was ‘rigged’ so I wouldn’t be surprise if this was as well.

Just don’t understand why they would even ask the fans these sort of things when they don’t listen to us anyways.: unamused:

You've got a point though... the AHFOD tour requests gave us some gems at a few shows but the rest of the time it was just the same old set of songs. They weren't bad songs, but they were songs that probably would've been included in the setlist anyway. I think they just really loved playing In My Place, Don't Panic, etc. :joy:

• Like 3

I'm so hyped for Jordan now, you all have no idea...

There's a phenomenon I've observed from time to time when a person's mere presence in room can completely change the energy of the four guys playing together. I first saw it with Brian Eno in the studio. Here we are in Amman, though, and some of the glorious guests from the recordings are here - Femi Kuti, Stromae, & Norah Shaqur - injecting the band with enthusiasm that drives them into their highest musical gear.

What a joy to witness...

R42

[MEDIA=instagram]B5FNehGg0Th[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5FNehGg0Th/?igshid=di728rm2bspi

• Like 5

You've got a point though... the AHFOD tour requests gave us some gems at a few shows but the rest of the time it was just the same old set of songs. They weren't bad songs, but they were songs that probably would've been included in the setlist anyway. I think they just really loved playing In My Place, Don't Panic, etc. :joy:

I wouldn’t go as far to say they love playing the songs, just think it’s something they can easily do without needing to relearn the songs or get the stage/instruments set up for it.

I think it’s merely logistics and convenience.

• Like 8

Also also related and interesting - the live version of Everyday Life uses no, zero, 0 backing tracks - no strings, no vocals, no noises, nothing. Just Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will. That said, Orphans clearly did use a backing track for a few things (mostly the vocals and then a few noises, most obviously the "baba would know" background noise). So I'm really curious how this will all play out - since they didn't HAVE to play EL the way they did. Could've just done all the strings on a backing track.

how do you know? the SNL performances?

• Like 1