✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I still haven't decided if I want to wait until the 22nd and hear the live versions first, or listen to the leak and hear the studio versions first

Yeah I have the same thought. I would really like someone to convince me to listen to it before or just wait until the live performance.

I still haven't decided if I want to wait until the 22nd and hear the live versions first, or listen to the leak and hear the studio versions first

My plan : listen to the album just once as soon as it's released (hopefully midnight that day), then the live versions

My plan : listen to the album just once as soon as it's released (hopefully midnight that day), then the live versions

That's a good one actually.

Okay I've decided: I'm going to wait until both of the live performances are finished, and only then I'm going to listen through the album

• Like 2

I was just thinking how are we going to resist the urge during the hours between the two performances anyway........... hmmm. Might as well cave now then (not literally now, it's a quarter past midnight)

hmmmmmmmm

still not sure

do it.

listen.

My ultimate argument for anyone who's undecided about whether or not to look for a leak right now : they won't tour this album, and while there are signs that the next one is coming soon, we don't know exactly when, we don't know for sure how long we are going to have to wait for new Coldplay music. One way to make this era feel just a little bit longer is to wait those few days that separate us from official album release...

• Like 6

My ultimate argument for anyone who's undecided about whether or not to look for a leak right now : they won't tour this album, and while there are signs that the next one is coming soon, we don't know exactly when, we don't know for sure how long we are going to have to wait for new Coldplay music. One way to make this era feel just a little bit longer is to wait those few days that separate us from official album release...

Damn that one hit pretty hard.

You totally convinced me now.

• Like 1

I think if you have every intention of buying the album it’s okay to listen to the leaks.

The above argument is a bit strange, we don’t know how long we’ll have to wait for new Coldplay because this album is not being toured, so we should wait even longer to listen to Coldplay when a leak of the whole album is already out there? I don’t see the logic in that if I’m honest.

If you’re still dead set against listening now I’d advise you to stay away from any Coldplay sites because, if you’re anything like me, you wouldn’t be able to wait after reading what people have been saying.

• Like 6

The above argument is a bit strange, we don’t know how long we’ll have to wait for new Coldplay because this album is not being toured, so we should wait even longer to listen to Coldplay when a leak of the whole album is already out there? I don’t see the logic in that if I’m honest.

My point is : we only have a week and a half to wait for new Coldplay music, we know that, but we don't know how much we are going to have to wait after that, and it definitely won't be just 10 days haha

and in the meantime we already have some content to keep us waiting. Once they're done promoting (which tbh could happen very very fast), it's completely over. So yeah if you wait until official release date, you do have a longer time enjoying the era and the experiences as they are meant to be experienced.

Btw i do not personally have a strong stance on leaks, the only thing that matters to me is that everyone buys the album.

I'm just here for emotional support to whoever is unsure or looking for arguments not to hear it lol

AND OFFICIALLY : As a Coldplaying moderator I am here to remind you that we do not encourage leaks as they are, well, illegal and disrespectful to the band and their crew and jeopardize their campaign. The latest posts in this thread have been encouraging leaks and listening to leaks a lot and that's just not in line with Coldplaying's official stance on the matter.

• Like 7

Interesting discussion - I already caved though. :joy: Have ordered my copy so hope its okay :D

The boys always have great live performances. But if I take the example of Everyday Life (the song), I didn't hear the song before the performance and while I still enjoyed it, I only appreciated it's beauty after hearing the studio version...

Dunno, for me I think, the studio version sets a kind of expectation of the song and the live version shatters it and it feels great. But the other way round takes away from both the things -- the performance seems alien and the album then will feel weird.

• Like 4

Pretty dead in here now everyone has flocked to the leak forum....bet they are alll having a great time in there haha!

Anyone else sticking it out til 22nd Nov?

Yup! It's quite rough to wait another week knowing that the album is out there, but I think I can handle it.

• Like 1

Pretty dead in here now everyone has flocked to the leak forum....bet they are alll having a great time in there haha!

Anyone else sticking it out til 22nd Nov?

I'm doing my best to persist in waiting till 22 November even though I've already heard snippets of few songs from the leaked album that my friends sent me and read countless reviews because I'm keen on the idea of hyping myself up for next week haha.

• Haha 1